After being leaked, Rockstar has officially confirmed Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

gta.png

It took a few leaks and some waiting, but Rockstar has finally confirmed the existence of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. Headed to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and even Nintendo Switch, the Definitive Edition will contain the three PlayStation 2-era Grand Theft Auto games and is set for launch later this year. There will also be a release on mobile platforms, scheduled for 2022. Rockstar claims that the remaster offers "across-the-board upgrades", with better graphics and some modernization to the gameplay.

It was also announced that the current versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas will all be delisted a week from today, so if you want to own those digital versions for preservation, the time to buy them is now.

:arrow: Source

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Scratch my previous reply, Rockstar is apparently making this exclusive to their own launcher in a hair-brained attempt to kill the modding scene. Seems pirates will get the better and more complete product.
Goddamn exclusivity. At least it's not third-party poaching, but still quite anti-customer.

Ah well, time to DDG three cracks, I suppose.

Reactions: Xzi

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Scratch my previous reply, Rockstar is apparently making this exclusive to their own launcher in a hair-brained attempt to kill the modding scene. Seems pirates will get the better and more complete product.
huh, seems like I've done the right thing by buying the old versions. Too bad they are shite

Reactions: Xzi

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eww, really getting sick of devs forcing their shitty launchers for their games on PC. See: Activision and their POS Battle.net launcher for Crash 4 for example. Single player game with forced always online DRM, game has zero online features, if server craps out, can't play games. Funny thing is a certain unnamed group cracked said DRM one day after it launched on PC :lol: I did the same thing, I found...something that will grant me permanent access to the game that I bought legally. Screw launchers and screw Activision.

Rockstar is really wanting to piss off legit users, aren't they?

ClownPrinceOfCrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll consider it on PC but they really can't expect me to buy these on Android again. Sad thing is they'll probably de-list the old ones even though I paid for them but San Andreas takes up SOOOOOO much space.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
huh, seems like I've done the right thing by buying the old versions. Too bad they are shite
Install ThirteenAG's widescreen patch, SilentPatch, Framerate Vigilante and Ginput (if you wanna use a controller)

For GTA 3 and VC you can also install Classic Axis and the camera will be much better (and you'll be able to move it when on vehicles)

For GTA SA you can install DYOM and you'll be able to create your own missions if you want

Reactions: Xzi and Lucaserf

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They don't have any more plateforms to re re re release GTA V so they are now doing the same with their older games, and people still buy them B-)
Still no GTA VI, they are busy to release GTA III :ph34r:
they never ported it to switch so they have a platform to release gta V in imo, and one that would actualy made sense since it would be portable, because that trailer for ps5 expanded and enhanced had nothing expanded or enhanced at all...

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Morally I can’t justify buying this at this point, the best I could do to annoy them is sailing the high seas.
unless they make some big changes.

For me to buy this they would need to not censor anything.
include all previous music from the originals.
They would need to apologize for and cancel the lawsuit over the re-projects.

The re projects didn’t use any of their source code and they’re lying using the technological ignorance of the courts to Abuse the legal system and wrongfully justify a lawsuit.
that’s immoral.

announcing the next single player GTA and/or any expansions/DLC would be a nice gesture In repairing some goodwill with the community, but not mandatory.

That said I’m not delusional and I don’t expect them to do any of this.

thus my original conclusion.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't going to be anything definitive about this junk. Nothing to do with preservation, only a greedy money grab. Rockstar idiots degrading and defacing their own art, but there are many fools standing in line to get their hands on some hot garbage. smh

Reactions: Japermen

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody needs to take off their nostalgic glasses... These games used to be great, I lost hundreds of hours to them. But I recently booted up GTA 3 and I only lasted half an hour. I don't think any amount of remastering is going to make them playable to those who are used to modern games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Everybody needs to take off their nostalgic glasses... These games used to be great, I lost hundreds of hours to them. But I recently booted up GTA 3 and I only lasted half an hour. I don't think any amount of remastering is going to make them playable to those who are used to modern games.
being honest gt3 is the simplest of the bunch, i mean it was the first 3d one, vice city and san andreas are vastly superior.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Seeing that the current trilogy pack will be removed from digital storefronts, should I get the current trilogy on PS4 or should I just skip it and wait for the remastered one? Would you guys recommend the current trilogy on PS4? I'm asking from who experienced them. Didn't really got answers or comparisons online so I don't really know...
The only thing I know about them is that they're the PS2 emulated ones and the EU version is the 25Hz one, which causes stutter and FPS problems on modern TV's....
Anybody could help me with an answer would be greatly appreciated. :)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's hoping they actually use the PS2/OG Xbox sources instead of porting the mobile versions. Knowing Rockstar, though, I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gofundme for the homeless +1