• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
There's only one kind of situation in the US recently in which there was a "mass murder of children," and it had nothing to do with abortion.

I've explained how moving out of state is easier said than done for a lot of people. You also didn't answer my question. Should I always follow the law, no matter what? Even when the law is unjust?

Spoiler: You made a stupid comment, and now you're trapped.

Have you got figures for number of aborted babies and number of children killed with assault rifles?

Can you post those please. Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not illegal and the fact you and probably hundreds of millions of people think it is says everything you need to know about the propaganda being peddled about this decision
It's now illegal in some states, and the list of states is growing. There has also already been talk about Republicans making it illegal nationwide if they get control of Congress and the presidency.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you got figures for number of aborted babies and number of children killed with assault rifles?

Can you post those please. Thanks.
Babies don't get aborted; fetuses and embryos are aborted.

Why would I care how many embryos are aborted? They aren't school children being gunned down in their classrooms.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's not illegal and the fact you and probably hundreds of millions of people think it is says everything you need to know about the propaganda being peddled about this decision
It's now illegal in some states, but it's up to each state to make their own laws so it will become illegal in more states, I can imagine there will be a few tantrums and some will be offended on the behalf of others.
There will also be pregnant woman from today that were thinking about having an abortion that won't - these kids will be born, grow up and be happy that they weren't murdered before they were born and their kids and grandkids will grow up in the future and will be running the show when most of the people on this forum are dead or shitting their pants in an old folks home.

• Haha

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I meant to say it isn't illegal "nationwide"

In the interest of fairness and democracy shouldn't they just have a 50 state referendum and put it to the people in each state to vote whether it should be legal or not? Let the people decide.

Rather than just yoyoing back in forth by stacking the supreme court.

Trophies
XP
It's now illegal in some states, but it's up to each state to make their own laws so it will become illegal in more states, I can imagine there will be a few tantrums and some will be offended on the behalf of others.
There will also be pregnant woman from today that were thinking about having an abortion that won't - these kids will be born, grow up and be happy that they weren't murdered before they were born and their kids and grandkids will grow up in the future and will be running the show when most of the people on this forum are dead or shitting their pants in an old folks home.
The reality is that unwanted babies are more often than not raised by those without the financial security or emotional state to raise a child effectively.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no magical time at which a fetus becomes a baby. I am fine with treating it like a baby around the time of fetal viability, since that is when it has autonomy.

If you want to talk about little fairies flying down and sprinkling magic glitter on a pregnant woman, talk to those who think the soul begins magically at conception.
A fair comment. You agree with the man in the white overall, fair enough - I'm not disagreeing with him, I'm merely pointing out, in a touchy subject like this, 'a fetus is not a baby' - ?? - I wouldn't say it like that whether I believed it or not. And neither would the man in the white overall.... this topic doesn't need stoking. ;)

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or the women will run into a point where they can't or don't want to take care of the child and rather than dropping it off at the orphanage it'll grow up under constant stress from financial factors, psychological and emotional factors, and otherwise probably end up either shooting a school or committing suicide. But who cares? All life is precious if it comes from controlling someone else.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will also be pregnant woman from today that were thinking about having an abortion that won't.
There will be pregnant women from today that were thinking about having an abortion, live in a state where they can't, and so they will get seriously sick or die when they try to have one in a dirty motel anyway.

In a world where contraception becomes illegal:

There will also be women from today who were thinking about having sex with an IUD who will have sex without one - these kids will be born, grow up and be happy that they weren't murdered before they were born and their kids and grandkids will grow up in the future and will be running the show when most of the people on this forum are dead or shitting their pants in an old folks home.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The reality is that unwanted babies are more often than not raised by those without the financial security or emotional state to raise a child effectively.
That's true and some of these kids will be adopted by people that can't have kids and will love them, others will be put into care homes. orphaniges etc - but once they are mature enough to look after themselves at least they can have a choice on how to live their lives. Some will go on the be good/great people while some others will be degenrates - just the same as everyone that's been foturate enough to have been born and survived to adulthood has had a choice on how they want to live their life, at least that choice won't be taken from some of them.

• Haha

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you've misunderstood the comparison.

The fetus is the stranger who needs the organ, the kidney-removal is the pregnancy, and the person unwillingly giving up a kidney is the woman being unable to have an abortion under state law.

So, it doesn't matter if we say a fetus is a person or not (it's not), because the stranger who needs an organ is a person, and we would still be appalled at violating one's right to bodily autonomy by taking an organ from them.

If I refused to give someone a kidney, we wouldn't say I killed that person.
Oh, you're right - I definitely read that wrong. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Lacius

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or the women will run into a point where they can't or don't want to take care of the child and rather than dropping it off at the orphanage it'll grow up under constant stress from financial factors, psychological and emotional factors,
I was a planned and wanted pregnancy and that still happened. Life can be unfair sometimes. I'm still happy I had the chance to live, despite having dropped the ball several times, growing up in borderline squalor and being severely depressed as an adult, needing pharmaceuticals and the occasional joint to keep myself stable.

I think this is a reason for women to use their 2nd amendment rights. Get ready, agree on a date, and march out together on a job day carrying guns to parliamentary buildings and to courts.
Great way to put yourself in a grave or a prison cell. But hey, your body your choice right? Fell free to choose how you waste your life.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great way to put yourself in a grave or a prison cell. But hey, your body your choice right? Fell free to choose how you waste your life.

Alt-right and Trumpeters have done it for years and nothing happened to them. If it's a right, it's a right for everyone, not only for who you'd like it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :toot: