• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

roeVwade:Same-sex couples updating legal status after Supreme Court’s decision on abortion (Jay Reeves) [+CNN clip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I'm saying is those righties who keep painting the LGBTQ+ as groomers keep getting caught doing weird shit with kids, sooooooooooooooooooooo...
Shoe recently made a video that brings up the fact that the same kinds of people also see it as ok for an adult woman to sleep with young boys

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoe recently made a video that brings up the fact that the same kinds of people also see it as ok for an adult woman to sleep with young boys

Yeah I really hate the cisheteronormativity in general culture atm, because when a guy preys on underaged students it's seen as bad, and it is EXTREMELY goddamn bad, but when a woman preys on underaged male students it's always joked about. Sick of this shit, because kids are scarred for life by these people and weirdos online keep making it out to be a joke. They can't easily find support groups or understanding because of it.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Yeah I really hate the cisheteronormativity in general culture atm, because when a guy preys on underaged students it's seen as bad, and it is EXTREMELY goddamn bad, but when a woman preys on underaged male students it's always joked about. Sick of this shit, because kids are scarred for life by these people and weirdos online keep making it out to be a joke. They can't easily find support groups or understanding because of it.
South Park made a joke about that. With Kyle's little Brothers teacher.

Reactions: Dakitten

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I when South Park does it its usually a criticism of our culture.

Leave it to South Park to offer an actually insightful satire of the current state of affairs when dealing with toxicity like this. I've always been back and forth with South Park myself; sometimes the low brow humor is a little overdone for my tastes, but I guess sometimes in order to get people to understand the point you have to be brutally blunt.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I when South Park does it its usually a criticism of our culture.
It was really bad taste on that one. I understand that they are exposing something bad, witch do not means that they are endorsing it, but there are people out there struggling because suffered (or is already suffering) sexual abuse. Talking about it is important, but joking about it? I don't know.

I'm just saying from what I saw on this clip, I don't know if the full episode gives a conclusion or a context of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated