Romney's VP Pick Revealed:

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to make a guess, Romney went with Ryan to shore up the conservative base. He plays well to Republican voters, especially those from the Tea Party movement.

The problem is, I can't see Ryan drawing many votes from independents. Considering you need their support to carry an election, I think Romney made a misstep by not going after them. Plus, I don't think Ryan will help Romney turn the tide in any crucial swing states (especially Florida, where his budget plan probably isn't going to play well to the elderly population).

Ryan's no Palin, but this still wasn't his best choice. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates; they are going to be very interesting indeed.

You're exactly right and with the addition of Ryan, this made the election even more polarized. Now we have two totally different plans for the country the future of everything and how we view our selves is at stake. People thought 2008 was important, mostly due to the Obama factor but I believe that THIS election will dictate the direction we go for a while. Personally, as much as it was nice to see a African America president, I voted for Obama because I want what's best for our planet. I am in no way a nationalist and all of my political decisions are made with a world view in mind. I fear that if the wrong person gets elected, things will be set back in a bad way. I don't want out planet looking like Earth 22nd Century in Terra Nova by the time I'm old and grey. I also don't want the "corporations are people" mindset running rampant and creating an era of corporate warfare similar to Deus Ex. It's time for people to wake up and for Humanity to become a much more responsible species.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want out planet looking like Earth 22nd Century in Terra Nova by the time I'm old and grey. I also don't want the "corporations are people" mindset running rampant and creating an era of corporate warfare similar to Deus Ex. It's time for people to wake up and for Humanity to become a much more responsible species.

I don't want this world reduced to a wasteland via nuclear warfare and trigger happy leadership a la Fallout. That might set things back a bit. I also don't want to see jobs being outsourced to machines for fear that the machines may one day become sentient, master time travel, and send one of their own back in time to kill me in order to prevent one of my offspring from leading a resistence against them, similar to The Terminator. I'd rather we go the Star Trek route and join with all other nations in working towards a greater goal of going where no one has gone before, boldly. That or we could all be Chinese speaking space cowboys running from the blue hands...

sorry, got caught up in all of the "sci-fi/games as crystal balls" business... :P

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want out planet looking like Earth 22nd Century in Terra Nova by the time I'm old and grey. I also don't want the "corporations are people" mindset running rampant and creating an era of corporate warfare similar to Deus Ex. It's time for people to wake up and for Humanity to become a much more responsible species.

I don't want this world reduced to a wasteland via nuclear warfare and trigger happy leadership a la Fallout. That might set things back a bit. I also don't want to see jobs being outsourced to machines for fear that the machines may one day become sentient, master time travel, and send one of their own back in time to kill me in order to prevent one of my offspring from leading a resistence against them, similar to The Terminator. I'd rather we go the Star Trek route and join with all other nations in working towards a greater goal of going where no one has gone before, boldly. That or we could all be Chinese speaking space cowboys running from the blue hands...

sorry, got caught up in all of the "sci-fi/games as crystal balls" business... :P

*Giggle* but you have to admit that one of major purpose of science fiction i to show us the possibilities of our future and help us to think about how we should not make any major mistakes. The examples I listed above are very close to becoming true and sadly people keep acting too stupid to realize it. Back to the "Double R's" (Romney and Ron), the goon squad is currently in my state campaigning and acting as if they give a damn about the economy, aside from giving the rich MOAR money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw