Router URL filter only works for .net or .com domains, how can I filter out other sites?

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
My router has an URL filter feature

But it only works for blocking .net or .com domains, how can I filter out other sites?

Do I need to update my router?

Can I DNS block them?

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems my router does not have any sort of DNS feature
Not ideal, but you can set it up on individual devices instead of network-wide. If it's just a case of trying to keep kids off adult content, then they likely won't know how to remove the DNS server. There is also other options like circle. Tried bypassing one myself before and it's harder than a simple VPN or proxy if you need something stronger.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Not being able to change DNS? Wow... ISP router?
Yup

My country is still underdeveloped, there's only 2 ISPs I can choose from in my area, since it is located far away from the city and both are kinda bad in terms of speed and customizability (is this a real word...?)

Anyway, I think the URL filter will do for now

Thanks everyone who tried to help me out :)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah dang... I hate them often being so locked down. Oh well... what can you do about it. I hope you can do as much as possible. Else if it's to protect your kids or such. You can do local editing on the PC or device and connect them to example an OpenDNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same