[RUMOR] Datamine potentially shows SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online

cd8271baa93d761c.jpg

Those that have access to Nintendo Switch Online are likely familiar with the included NES titles with the subscription. Though Nintendo adds a handful of new games to the lineup each month (Zelda 2 and Blaster Master are Jan. 2019's new additions) many fans have been clamoring for Super Nintendo games to also be added. While nothing has been officially stated at this time, it seems a datamine might have let the cat out of the bag a little early, as Twitter user KapuccinoHeck has discovered a list of 22 SNES games within the data for the NES Online app, which were reportedly added in the last Switch software update. The 22 titles are as follows:

• Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch Out!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
This list manages to differ from what the SNES Classic offers, with Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana missing from what would supposedly be given through the Nintendo Switch Online service. However, these titles could be planned for future monthly updates rather than being rolled out all at once. Presumably, since the NES games have extra features, such as online play and save states, these would be carried over to the SNES games as well. At the time of writing, though, nothing is concrete, and the list is merely a datamine with unconfirmed information.

:arrow: Source

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not sure if I prefer the "pay monthly and get all the games you want" or "pay for each game you want once" program.
On the one hand, it's cheaper and seems more generous for the former at first. And it could allow continual support.
On the other hand, I don't like monthly payments for something I won't use all of. But that's probably just me being spoiled by previous experiences.
I don't have a Switch right now, but it has been on my mind. Plus everyone around me has one. *Shrug*
If I had one, and this turned out to be true, I'd be more inclined to buy the subscription. And for those who buy this console for it, more power to them! Isn't this just about providing quality product for the consumer? This seems great for Nintendo to be considering this, they don't really have to at all. We've just come to expect this stuff since the Wii with VC. If Nintendo wasn't actually listening, they would just drop the whole thing entirely. Which it looks like they almost did. But they also need more reason for justifying the subscription, since they' are only a few games that really use it right now.
The Switch still feels young. Lots can happen.
Looking forward to whatever comes down the road.
Edit:
Wow that turned out to be longer than I expected.
TLDR: These games would be a cool bonus for those with the subscription!

Last edited by BLsquared,

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of that fishy game with "oddysey" in name. Good thing I'm not playing a lot of games these days (strange,i'm 13).

You're not buying it because it has Super Mario Oddysey, one of the best mario games in forever?

Makes perfect sense.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Still not sure if I prefer the "pay monthly and get all the games you want" or "pay for each game you want once" program.
On the one hand, it's cheaper and seems more generous for the former at first. And it could allow continual support.
On the other hand, I don't like monthly payments for something I won't use all of. But that's probably just me being spoiled by previous experiences.
I don't have a Switch right now, but it has been on my mind. Plus everyone around me has one. *Shrug*
If I had one, and this turned out to be true, I'd be more inclined to buy the subscription. And for those who buy this console for it, more power to them! Isn't this just about providing quality product for the consumer? This seems great for Nintendo to be considering this, they don't really have to at all. We've just come to expect this stuff since the Wii with VC. If Nintendo wasn't actually listening, they would just drop the whole thing entirely. Which it looks like they almost did. But they also need more reason for justifying the subscription, since they' are only a few games that really use it right now.
The Switch still feels young. Lots can happen.
Looking forward to whatever comes down the road.
Edit:
Wow that turned out to be longer than I expected.
TLDR: These games would be a cool bonus for those with the subscription!
If at any point in my life $20/yr is an inconvenience then I need to evaluate my life.

Reactions: lexarvn and Xabring

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see Nintendo’s failing at online, they’re online wasn’t broken and they managed to fuck it all up with a payment when they should of kept it free and marketed/boasted about the fact that their online is free and that’s a reason to buy the console.
I’d of bought a switch by now if they hadn’t announced they were putting up a paywall

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If at any point in my life $20/yr is an inconvenience then I need to evaluate my life.
20 a year is an inconvenience, having to sign up, enter a code or card details Is an inconvenience that we shouldn’t need to go through, a Nintendo console is meant to be able to click “online multiplayer” etc and be straight on with no subscriptions to renew.

D

Deleted_413010

If this is true then this will be awesome as i have Switch Online.

I pay $30/year since its for more than just me. I pay for it myself and since its yearly its not that bad.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
20 a year is an inconvenience, having to sign up, enter a code or card details Is an inconvenience that we shouldn’t need to go through, a Nintendo console is meant to be able to click “online multiplayer” etc and be straight on with no subscriptions to renew.
Come out of 2006, please. Their online isn't failing. Not sure how you reached that conclusion and honestly I don't want to know.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Deleted_413010

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand how they can mess up the nes online. How is it not possible to just copy and paste the 30 nes games you had on the nes classic before adding new ones? I don't know why, but I felt that should have been simple.

Licensing... Things arn't that simple... They toss Mega Man 2 or Final Fantasy on the service without the correct contracts, they could be sued.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Online on Switch is pretty lackluster, and only NES games though, NES games are boring IMO
They're still going to add to it, and still support it. It it's the same shtick that Sony and MS are doing at a significantly lesser cost. Yes, right now it's kinda dull, but to some of us it's enticing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I took a look at the rail and noticed that the two last pins were soldered for some reason...