RUMOR: Nintendo possibly telling developers that it has delayed its annual June Direct

fb-400x400.jpg

E3 won't be happening this year, but game companies throughout the world are still prepared to make their announcements and reveals this June. And ever since Nintendo moved their E3 Showcase into the digital Nintendo Direct format in 2013, they've always had a showcase in June. But this year might break that uninterrupted track record. A report from VentureBeat claims that Nintendo is telling developers that they will no longer be holding their annual June Direct, due to the difficulties of COVID-19 and their staff being forced to work from home. The report also claims that the difficulties may stem from Japan's work culture relying on respectful face-to-face meetings, and that workers in the country are not prepared for a work-from-home lifestyle.

VentureBeat's rumor track record has been fairly steady as of late, with the media outlet getting the dates for both March 26's Nintendo Direct and the Indie World Showcase correct a week prior to the official announcement.

:arrow: Source

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whats nintendos excuse for not having an online video showcase that can be done from home.

Cant be arsed to pay for the camera crew and someone to edit and host from home, cheap skates.

To be fair, its not like the switch has had anything big going for it, same old nintendo titles and old ports from past 2 generations.
Which are some of the best games in the videogame industry so why not

gabisenk

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
We are not preparing just for a nintendo direct drought my boys. We are preparing for a nintendo games drought in general that WILL TAKE 2 YEAARS!!!!!! Anyone that is hoping for a first party during these 2 next awful years is just overly optimistic. This virus is a fucking disaster...

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to be fair nintendo has no real plans before the virus anyway- they like to reveal games within months of them coming out with few exceptions

Reactions: DuoForce

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    so posting messages doesn't count, only new threads
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    I think so yea
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    that explains, I already have over 500 messages in here, but I'm not making a thread every single day
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: digital circle jerk