[RUMOR] Report claims Super Mario Galaxy along with other Mario games will be remastered this year

7001907.jpg

Nintendo's mascot is celebrating his 35th anniversary this year, with some possible remasters on the way to mark the occasion, if some rumors are to be believed. News website Video Game Chronicle issued a story claiming that Nintendo would be releasing "several" major games, which would include "most of the Super Mario back catalog, remastered for the Nintendo Switch". VGC's sister site, Eurogamer, also corroborated the story, with their own sources hinting at Super Mario Galaxy being one of the remastered mystery games. Yet another reporting site, Gematsu, made its own separate claims that Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario 3D World would be involved, alongside a brand new Paper Mario reveal. Only time will tell if these rumors turn out to be true, but they certainly would be major announcements, if so.

[UPDATE]

The original story has been updated, with the outlet providing more concrete details from their alleged source. Supposedly, Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1 will be released as "a special anniversary collection", instead of just straight ports. That release will be followed up with a Deluxe version of the Wii U's Super Mario 3D World, featuring new content. Finally, a new Paper Mario game is rumored, with the site claiming it'll be a "return to the series' RPG roots".

:arrow: Source

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
At least Nintendo still remember they have mario, seriously it has been 3 years since odyssey and no real Mario game announced, I'm all for new paper mario.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll echo everyone's post for the past 4 pages. I would love it if it was true, especially if it was a compilation. Doubt it's true though

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they remaster Mario sunshine, I’ll be interested as long as it somehow has better camera angles because there were times I felt like I had to follow Mario’s shadow if I remember correctly to get by some levels in certain areas.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Super Mario Galaxy is all but officially confirmed since it has already been ported to a Chinese Switch clone.

D

Deleted User

Pokemon Stars was the codename for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
then what about that rumoured "every generation in one game" what was the codename for that? couldn't imagine it'd be a terrible game like usum

D

Deleted User

Mario All-Stars 3D Edition:
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

we all know sooner or later before the Switch 2 is revealed all of these will come out to brainwash all of us to not submit to PS5 and Xbox Series X Temptations

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 - The Galaxy Collections
With Orchestral Music CD Bonus disc
Featuring Space Mario Amiibo

Pre Order DLC: Super Mario Galaxy World

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario All-Stars 3D Edition:
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

we all know sooner or later before the Switch 2 is revealed all of these will come out to brainwash all of us to not submit to PS5 and Xbox Series X Temptations
No mate even if they were offered for 1 pound I'd say to the cashier no pls take my 500 quid for the ps5 :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1