[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I don't think has been mentioned in this entire thread: It is probably in the contract they sign. Even if the kit was free, I am certain they sign a non-disclosure agreement. And I suspect if they don't use the kit, they have to give it back. Nintendo is not about to let the kits float around, not at this point in the game. I saw the one offered on ebay, I am sure that 1. it will be pulled before the auction completes and 2. Nintendo will be tracing its serial numbers. Remember Nintendo knows where EACH of those kits go and have a legal recourse if they so choose. And for a console that is not even a year old, you can bet they are going to choose to protect it any way they can.

Also keep in mind after singing a non-disclosure agreement, I certainly wouldn't want to take the risk of this tech falling into someone else's hands and have Nintendo come after me, if I wasn't using it anyway. Much easier just to say "here take this back, I don't want to take responsibility for having this". And even if it is not in the agreement, again it is simply not worth keeping and possibly loosing track of it. Then have the kit show up on ebay and Nintendo's lawyers on your doorstep.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd like them to have.

Here's the funniest part. You continue to say that MS AND SONY have done nothing but copy Nintendo.
Take a look at this.
byrytaqa.jpg

Now p
4yru7a2y.jpg

eek at this
Must be a blatant ripoff in your eyes Amirite????

That post is worse than your first. The newest Wii U pro controller is still the same layout as the Super Nintendo's with just the joysticks on top. Since Nintendo incorporated the modern joystick on the controller with the N64 and has had one ever since, I would say your latest example only further proves my point. Just look at the Wii U pro classic controller if you need any more proof.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Layout is the same as it has always been for Nintendo, but the shape is similar to the 360 controller. Besides, as I said before, they totally ripped those lights off of Thomas Edison.
Actually, Thomas Edison stole the light bulb which had been around 50 years before he patented it.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That post is worse than your first. The newest Wii U pro controller is still the same layout as the Super Nintendo's with just the joysticks on top. Since Nintendo incorporated the modern joystick on the controller with the N64 and has had one ever since, I would say your latest example only further proves my point. Just look at the Wii U pro classic controller if you need any more proof.
Further proves your point? You didn't have a point in the first place. We've been over the innovation thing a thousand times now, I think the only one unclear about it by now is you.
You could literally say any controller is a rip off/ Improvement of the first. My whole point of MY post was to give the example that HEY, IF IT LOOKS SIMILAR. IT MUST BE A RIPOFF TO YOU RIGHT?!?!?!
And the funniest thing, Look at the wii U classic controller? Because looking at a classic controller surely doesn't mean it's going to be based off the CLASSIC thing it's meant to play like right?

EDIT: I just realized you didn't even quote the main part of my post, which had you done so, explains why I posted it in the first place. Let me re-quote it for you.
"And yet, Nintendo must have based every idea off the first random thing that popped into their head without any influence from arcade machines, or Atari... All innovation and ideas spread from learning from other people. Taking tech, an improving upon it.
There's a huge difference between blatantly copying, and massively improving. Nintendo is as much an innovator as Sony and MS are whether you believe so or not.
To say that Nintendo has Created every single game idea and then Sony and Ms have just been blatantly ripping off is a total Joke. Even Nintendo has INNOVATED or RIPPED OFF. Just not with as much success as you'd like them to have."

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Layout is the same as it has always been for Nintendo, but the shape is similar to the 360 controller. Besides, as I said before, they totally ripped those lights off of Thomas Edison.

We all know that when lights are copied like that, Edison rises from his grave and torments the people who do it.

I actually like the Xbox 360 design for controllers, it reduces hand cramps when I use it

Further proves your point? You didn't have a point in the first place. We've been over the innovation thing a thousand times now, I think the only one unclear about it by now is you.
You could literally say any controller is a rip off/ Improvement of the first. My whole point of MY post was to give the example that HEY, IF IT LOOKS SIMILAR. IT MUST BE A RIPOFF TO YOU RIGHT?!?!?!
And the funniest thing, Look at the wii U classic controller? Because looking at a classic controller surely doesn't mean it's going to be based off the CLASSIC thing it's meant to play like right?

EDIT: I just realized you didn't even quote the main part of my post, which had you done so, explains why I posted it in the first place. Let me re-quote it for you.
"And yet, Nintendo must have based every idea off the first random thing that popped into their head without any influence from arcade machines, or Atari... All innovation and ideas spread from learning from other people. Taking tech, an improving upon it.
There's a huge difference between blatantly copying, and massively improving. Nintendo is as much an innovator as Sony and MS are whether you believe so or not.
To say that Nintendo has Created every single game idea and then Sony and Ms have just been blatantly ripping off is a total Joke. Even Nintendo has INNOVATED or RIPPED OFF. Just not with as much success as you'd like them to have."
People are always quoting other people out of context...that's one of my biggest pet peeves to be perfectly honest. And you're absolutely right in innovation and what other companies do in the industry; there as similarities in different innovations and technologies (like controllers, etc), but nothing was blatantly copied, even I know that :P
There would be chaos if one company copied something from another company exactly, I personally have never seen it happen, so I'm not worried.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1