[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I love how people like you come on here and act like Microsoft and Sony are actually capable of innovating in the gaming business and then bash people who want to have a discussion, just because of the way they choose to speak.
But you don't discuss. Most of the people that have been doing the Nintendo fighting haven't even been bringing up valid arguments. They blindly come in, announce what they believe, and refuse to accept any other answers or arguments.
That's not a discussion.
It's just really stupid.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debating? In a civil manner? ON THE INTERNET? Wow, that's a novel idea. Let me know when that happens when it comes to discussing various videogame companies.

Could someone give an example on how I'm supposed to properly *ahem* debate?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A little bit. They don't really know how to innovate but I wouldn't say they are incapable of innovating.

Maybe not completely, but most of the ideas either company has ever come up with were spun from already existing pieces of technology. People who say dual shock was innovative, is it hard to put 1+1 together? Kinect advanced gesture interfacing by removing the buttons, which is a big step towards ultimately having hands free gaming, however creatively no developer has laid the framework for advance control patterns and input types to make a full blown game with environmental interaction and an overall authentic gaming experience. Kinect might be innovative, but Sony hasn't exactly been clever over the years.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind. I only buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo's games anyhow. Should a third party create something fun as well, then great, more for me!
Just give me a new Mario, Metroid, Zelda and I'm happy.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Debating? In a civil manner? ON THE INTERNET? Wow, that's a novel idea. Let me know when that happens when it comes to discussing various videogame companies.

Could someone give an example on how I'm supposed to properly *ahem* debate?

No. This is a discussion forum, not a debate topic. Stop being stubborn and immature and people will do the same to you.

Reactions: mameks

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was looking for a good place to share this:

YltrKvd.png

Mission Complete.

Reactions: chavosaur

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have said this before so pardon me being a broken record but innovation is not asspulling new ideas and then saying they're innovative. Innovation starts with shotgunning ideas, finding one that sticks, then it is elaborated on. I think that's the issue with Nintendo's "innovation". They were on to something with motion controls, enough so that their competition scrambled to make a competitor motion control product, but they almost immediately ditched it with the Wii U. Their motion control wasn't perfect either, even with the WM+, and I feel a second generation could bring vast improvements and help lessen (if not eliminate) the gap between technical issues of motion controls and application of motion controls.

On the other hand Sony took the idea and improved up on with the Move. It appears the Move will play some part in the future (as evidenced in their PS4 reveal) so who knows.

Microsoft went a completely different way with motion controls but it paid off, it's a success now and I expect to see Microsoft improve on it in the future, if not their competition.

The most innovative technologies in our world weren't made from one company pulling the idea out randomly and it staying that way. No, an idea is brought forth and then it is improved upon, both by the creator and the competition. Welcome to capitalism folks. It's one of the perks to it, having competition breed a better product. So if Sony copies Nintendo and does a better job than Nintendo, you should praise them. They one upped Nintendo, now Nintendo has to breed a better product to compete. The Nintendo camp gets a better product and the Sony camp gets a better product. Everyone wins.

The bicycle was not made in its current form today. It was the product of one basic ideas, self powered motion on two wheels, going through a thousand different minds and being changed a bit on the way of each. It was not one man's idea who made it perfect the first time. Same goes with the car, the computer, every piece of technology that has changed the world significantly.

So boohoo if your "pride" is hurt because Sony makes a competitor device similar to Nintendo, you really should think it's for the better because both camps get a good product and they compete to make better products for both camps. If you're so snooty and isolationist to not want this for the reason of "m-muh nintendo" then you're a terrible, selfish person with a poor understanding of innovation and economics.

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing up with it. It shows he's passionate about what he believes in. You all stick together and bash Ninty as much as you want anyway, the WiiU is going to be fine. I'll see you in a few years time. Ba ba for now.

There is a big difference between being passionate and towing the corporate line.
If someone is truly passionate about what they believe, then it would be acceptable to think
that they would do some research... any research into the thing that they hold to such high regard.
Instead, what is happening is that people are sucking the corporate propaganda teat and sticking
their fingers in their ears while loudly singing la-la-la-la repeatedly when facts are presented which
contradict the delusion that they have built for themselves.

It is a corporation, not a spouse or a god.
Nintendo is not going to suck you off, or grant you eternal bliss in the afterlife
if you defend them enough.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a big difference between being passionate and towing the corporate line.
If someone is truly passionate about what they believe, then it would be acceptable to think
that they would do some research... any research into the thing that they hold to such high regard.
Instead, what is happening is that people are sucking the corporate propaganda teat and sticking
their fingers in their ears while loudly singing la-la-la-la repeatedly when facts are presented which
contradict the delusion that they have built for themselves.

It is a corporation, not a spouse or a god.
Nintendo is not going to suck you off, or grant you eternal bliss in the afterlife
if you defend them enough.

The same could be said of Sony and Microsoft; they're not gods either.

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same could be said of Sony and Microsoft; they're not gods either.
True, however this is a nintendo thread. there is no reason to bring up either sony, or microsoft.

Trying to deflect discussion of nintendo's shortcomings by exclaiming that "sony/microsoft are way worse because (insert argument)!" will not change the discussion from the subject that you are insecure about.
It will instead make the well deserved backlash that nintendo has comming to them that much worse.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, however this is a nintendo thread. there is no reason to bring up either sony, or microsoft.

Trying to deflect discussion of nintendo's shortcomings by exclaiming that "sony/microsoft are way worse because (insert argument)!" will not change the discussion from the subject that you are insecure about.
It will instead make the well deserved backlash that nintendo has comming to them that much worse.

I won't deny that I've acted like a dick and it's something I struggle with. Despite Nintendo's shortcomings, that shouldn't mean they will suddenly die ignominiously, nor will the Wii U. I wish people would at least wait till E3 before making five million doomsayer threads based on groundless rumors. Maybe, just maybe, we (myself included) would be more civil about it. My guess is that by that time, we'll know if more third parties will back the system up, the sales will increase, then we can start creating rumor threads. Rumors are just that, rumors. Nothing more, nothing less. At least the comments haven't reached IGN levels yet. I'll curl up in a fetal position if it ever does.

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't deny that I've acted like a dick and it's something I struggle with. Despite Nintendo's shortcomings, that shouldn't mean they will suddenly die ignominiously, nor will the Wii U. I wish people would at least wait till E3 before making five million doomsayer threads based on groundless rumors. Maybe, just maybe, we (myself included) would be more civil about it. My guess is that by that time, we'll know if more third parties will back the system up, the sales will increase, then we can start creating rumor threads. Rumors are just that, rumors. Nothing more, nothing less. At least the comments haven't reached IGN levels yet. I'll curl up in a fetal position if it ever does.

Well, Even if the events which were prophesied do in fact transpire. nintendo is not likely to just kill it.
They will support it at least as much as they had the gamecube.
Or possibly as much as sega supported the saturn,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Even if the events which were prophesied do in fact transpire. nintendo is not likely to just kill it.
They will support it at least as much as they had the gamecube.
Or possibly as much as sega supported the saturn,

Only time will tell. We should at least wait a bit before we pass judgment on it, that's how I feel anyway. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo