[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is true, this is incredibly sad. Now, granted, Nintendo has always had a rough time with 3RD party support.

While I can't really claim to be a Ninty Fanboy, as I don't own a WiiU (yet hopefully), this makes me sad on a few levels. Not that I "only play nintendo games" but they make the games I want to play. My friend literally bought me a 360 and I can't even be assed to go downstairs and play Halo 4 with all of my friends on monday nights. I'd rather sit in my bed and play wii on my standard def TV or Mario 3D land on my 3DS. Even though I own some flagship titles for the 360 (burnout revenge which is old and I beat on PS2, FF13 where you learn that graphics don't sell games alone, Skyrim which is a big overhyped game, fun but not as everyone says, Halo 4 and Battlefield, where I have to be playing with friends to enjoy it, I get so friggin bored looking down the sights of a gun...) I'd rather play childish games that nintendo makes. I like over saturated colors and silly childish translations.
I'm going to be very very sad if the WiiU proves to be too big a blunder for them to handle.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is true, this is incredibly sad. Now, granted, Nintendo has always had a rough time with 3RD party support.

While i cant really claim to be a Ninty Fanboy, as i dont own a WiiU (yet hopefully), this makes me sad on a few levels. Not that I "only play nintendo games" but they make the games i want to play. My friend literally bought me a 360 and i cant even be assed to go downstairs and play Halo 4 with all of my friends on monday nights. Id rather sit in my bed and play wii on my standard def TV or Mario 3D land on my 3DS. Even though i own some flagship titles for the 360 (burnout revenge which is old and i beat on PS2, FF13 Where you learn that graphics dont sell games alone, Skyrim, which is a big overhyped game, fun but not as everyone says, Halo 4 and Battlefield, where i have to be playing with friends to enjoy it, i get so friggin bored looking down the sights of a gun...) id rather play childish games that nintendo makes. I like over saturated colors and silly childish translations. Im going to be very very sad if the WiiU proves to be too big a blunder for them to handle.
You can always try and drive a car that has had its physics modelled off an elephant on roller skates or even better try and fly a plane that has all the feeling and poise of a tossed house brick.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't everyone remember the "3DS is doomed" bandwagon everyone and their brother was riding on last year? I mean, really. Yeah, Nintendo is at fault for being so slow to release gaems, but really, the Nintendoomed-sayers are getting annoying.

Reactions: TyBlood13

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't everyone remember the "3DS is doomed" bandwagon everyone and their brother was riding on last year? I mean, really. Yeah, Nintendo is at fault for being so slow to release gaems, but really, the Nintendoomed-sayers are getting annoying.
While true, it wasn't just games that helped the 3DS sell. They also sliced the price, released the XL, and got some more 3rd party support.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

While i cant really claim to be a Ninty Fanboy, as i dont own a WiiU (yet hopefully), this makes me sad on a few levels. Not that I "only play nintendo games" but they make the games i want to play. My friend literally bought me a 360 and i cant even be assed to go downstairs and play Halo 4 with all of my friends on monday nights. Id rather sit in my bed and play wii on my standard def TV or Mario 3D land on my 3DS. Even though i own some flagship titles for the 360 (burnout revenge which is old and i beat on PS2, FF13 Where you learn that graphics dont sell games alone, Skyrim, which is a big overhyped game, fun but not as everyone says, Halo 4 and Battlefield, where i have to be playing with friends to enjoy it, i get so friggin bored looking down the sights of a gun...) id rather play childish games that nintendo makes. I like over saturated colors and silly childish translations. Im going to be very very sad if the WiiU proves to be too big a blunder for them to handle.
You know the saying, you play what your friends play, well I don't think that hold muchs truth, otherwise I would be a WoW, CS and Starcraft player. Many big releases like Skyrim I tried to give a shot but just can't enjoy, like I played Minecraft a day or two but got quickly bored with it, endlessly breaking blocks for materials felt like a chore imo, not a game I'd play for fun.
I don't think it has to do with, oh it's Nintendo, I grew up with them! Playstation used to have loads of games that weren't afraid to look a little childish, it's just that things have changed. And people will jump and call you a fanboy...
Nowadays it's either indies or Japanese devs that does these "outside of the box" kind of games, few exceptions.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mean big name games don't really do it for me, it's not that I don't like them, sure the idea and watching someone play Bioshock infinite is cool, but if I owned the game, chances are I'd never play it. I just don't care.

Reactions: Eerpow

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I mean big name games don't really do it for me, it's not that I don't like them, sure the idea and watching someone play Bioshock infinite is cool, but if I owned the game, chances are I'd never play it. I just don't care.
There's a difference between saying, "this game sucks!, how unimaginative!" and genuinely not having interest. It's only bad if you never played the games in the first place before you say something.
There are so many complaining about FPS's for all the wrong reasons.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay for more Nintendo Negativity threads!
I think it's a Nintendo Positivity thread. The faster the Wii U crashes and burns, the faster Nintendo can (hopefully) pull their heads out of their asses and go back to GOOD, CREATIVE ideas. Bringing the DS model to the TV screen is NOT creative, it's a rehash. A poorly executed rehash at that; if you want to use touch controls on a TV game, you need to either hold the Wii U up to eye level, or take your eyes off the damn TV. Why would I want that?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a Nintendo Positivity thread. The faster the Wii U crashes and burns, the faster Nintendo can (hopefully) pull their heads out of their asses and go back to GOOD, CREATIVE ideas. Bringing the DS model to the TV screen is NOT creative, it's a rehash. A poorly executed rehash at that; if you want to use touch controls on a TV game, you need to either hold the Wii U up to eye level, or take your eyes off the damn TV. Why would I want that?
Lol. You don't even have a Wii U do you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran