Rumor: Wii 2 codenamed Project Café

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
nintendo won't put a screen on the controller cos it's already been done in the dreamcast and they don't copy
tongue.gif

Have been reading?? The sources has confirmed it -_-

Here you'll find all the info that has been leaked
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427412

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sure that the controller WILL BE the screen you'll play on. The main console probably streams via Bluetooth the screen for the player directly to the controller.

You'll still rely on the main unit for the Graphics and the CPU, so it won't be an handheld.

The camera on the controller will let you use Kinect-like functionalities, while you just use traditional controls + touchscreen for playing.

Maybe the screen will even be a 3D parallax-barrier screen like the one the 3DS has? That way Nintendo could take glasses-free 3D gaming in every house, without the need for a new TV.

Remember: raulpica called it first
smileipb2.png

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
I'm sure that the controller WILL BE the screen you'll play on. The main console probably streams via Bluetooth the screen for the player directly to the controller.

You'll still rely on the main unit for the Graphics and the CPU, so it won't be an handheld.

The camera on the controller will let you use Kinect-like functionalities, while you just use traditional controls + touchscreen for playing.

Maybe the screen will even be a 3D parallax-barrier screen like the one the 3DS has? That way Nintendo could take glasses-free 3D gaming in every house, without the need for a new TV.

smileipb2.png

Thats exactly what I was thinking but the 6-inch screen is killing me it will be a huge controller

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:

If this is the case I will probably stop buying Nintendo products altogether.

EDIT: However, just a controller with a screen is a pretty nifty idea. It helps keep menus to the controller. Like for example, Fallout's Pip Boy would work well on a controller screen. Or even just keeping a map on it for Castlevania.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:
raulpica said:

smileipb2.png

Thats exactly what I was thinking but the 6-inch screen is killing me it will be a huge controller

And if its a HD screen how much will cost a controller $100???

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MakiManPR said:
And if its a HD screen how much will cost a controller $100???
No need to be THAT much HD. After all it's just 6", it won't be that noticeable.

This is from NeoGaf:
QUOTE said:
The site [from the specs post below] also concurs that the controller is a touch tablet, with moderate , sub-HD graphic output with a single-touch 6-inch screen, a front camera which acts as a Wii sensor bar, two d-pads, two bumpers, and possibly more than two triggers.

So sub-HD would be enough. Will probably be $60-$80 per controller.

EDIT: F**k yeah, awesome:
QUOTE(Jim Reilly's Twitter)
New Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console - like a miniature television. 16 hours ago

Dual analog sticks on the controller. Can stream game content from the console. Not sure if it'll be full games, mini-games, or apps. 18 hours ago

EDIT2: Lol, seems this info is from yesterday, funny no one noticed that yet. I myself found about it just a few minutes ago.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So many rumors and so many confusion out there I think its time for Nintendo to talk about it,to calm the masses, then in the E3 the reveal it to the world like they did with the 3DS when every website had a different rumor about it

EDIT

@raulpica
I bet almost everyone knew that already just that are just rumors and you get my point

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Seems like the 2 d-pads was a mistake.

But what I want to know is how are they incorporating everything into one controller? Including motion controls?

Unless we need to purchase a million different controllers. That would NOT be cool.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
nintendo won't put a screen on the controller cos it's already been done in the dreamcast and they don't copy
tongue.gif

More like a innovation off it.

QUOTE(Y05h1 @ Apr 16 2011, 08:24 AM) Seems like the 2 d-pads was a mistake.

But what I want to know is how are they incorporating everything into one controller? Including motion controls?

Unless we need to purchase a million different controllers. That would NOT be cool.
I doubt it. As long as the keep a button on the back, it can be use like the wii remote maybe even with nunchucks support.
unsure.gif

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is like everything we have in the market in one controller.

Better idea even: create a control that is controlled through mind, that would end all the problems of size
smileipb2.png

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Will probably be $60-$80 per controller.

The Wii Remote Plus+nunchuck is already 50$, and yet this supposed controller with (to combine all the rumors) a 6" hd video screen you can stream video and games to, motion controls, dual analog, a camera, and a rechargeable battery is only going to be 60-80$? In your dreams. A controller that really had all of that would be at least 100$ easy, and most probably more.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
raulpica said:
Will probably be $60-$80 per controller.

The Wii Remote Plus+nunchuck is already 50$, and yet this supposed controller with (to combine all the rumors) a 6" hd video screen you can stream video and games to, motion controls, dual analog, a camera, and a rechargeable battery is only going to be 60-80$? In your dreams. A controller that really had all of that would be at least 100$ easy, and most probably more.
I'm thinking it'll be $50.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assuming this is true, the controller better work without the console like a handheld. That would be sweet.

Edit:

Also, I'm calling it now. The controller has a stylus slot.

Thank would make FPSs playable on consoles.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Assuming this is true, the controller better work without the console like a handheld. That would be sweet.

Edit:

Do we really need FPS' on the Cafe? Can't they just stay on the Xbox 720 and the PS4?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
awssk8er said:

Edit:

Do we really need FPS' on the Cafe? Can't they just stay on the Xbox 720 and the PS4?
Not everyone is going to have more than one console.

I was saying, using the touch screen to aim is a million times better than using a controller.

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a stretched out ps2 controller with touch screen in middle, camera could be used for webcam or taking pictures for use in game on the spot, like the warioware dsiware game

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no doubt there will be a "Wii 2" in 2012, but I certainly don't think it will be announced at E3. And I would like to remind people to take rumors with a grain of salt.

Rumors about the Wii that weren't true, reported by the gaming media:

-That it would have a touch screen controller
-That it would not have a d-pad or other traditional buttons
-That it would have a "projector" that projected the action in midair
-That it would have a "pressure sensitive" controller (similar to the back touch screen on the NGP, actually)
-That it would use HD-DVD
-That it would launch in March 2006
-That it would have a form of head tracking where you could view the action from different perspectives by moving around the room

I didn't make any of these up, and in fact you can still even find them online, for instance here at Gamepro from June 2005.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, Either my ears are very sensitive or I can barely hear things.