Hacking Rumorish?: Delays when ordering from China?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have never even heard of systemgears.com but they are apparently an authorized dealer of CycloDS and are based in Canada. Apparently they are also sponsored on the R4DS Forums(Don't think it's an official one). Prices look kinda high.
QUOTE said:
Systemgears.com :.
Always try to avoid buying things from China - especially now as Olympics is starting soon. Customs are checking things hard which will cause major delay receiving shipments. This applies to all industry.
Arishon :.
yea my thrid pair of glasses from zinnie are like 3 weeks late =/
Also, just look at the tragedy happened a month ago, it killed millions, caused a big mess in China. They are trying to prevent anything more to happen as its already a mess
Yes, China customs has been extremely hard on export/import - They cant afford anything that might affect the olympics. Just imagine the amount of visitors who will be watching. It has been announced that many factories has also been temporary shut down due to pollution, they clearly want to give the world the best image as possible when visiting, right?
biggrin.gif
Pretty much just a shout box quote from the R4 forums, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. It doesn't really apply to me because I don't order from Dealextreme/any Chinese reseller. But if there are delays, then this might be the reason why. This would have gone into User Submitted News but it sounded more like a rumor...

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people also ordered those really cheap Cyclos too so those might be delayed. Hopefully it won't be too long, but it was extremely cheap so I probably wouldn't have a problem with shipping time(I didn't order one).

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i don't think so. usually large and big shipment are delayed, but for small purchase below 0.5 kg shipped with express courier EMS is still normal delay in many countries. usa 4/5 days, europe 7 days, italy 14 days ( it's a national problem in this case )
then if seller use normal mail o registered mail time can be more than 2/5 weeks
ciao

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousin just ordered one of the cheap Cyclos from DX. I just ordered a bunch of PSP stuff like a screen protector, case, component cable, etc. He already received an email from DX that his order would be delayed, I have yet to hear along similar lines I have my fingers crossed. They are slow as shit but you can't beat their prices anywhere.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all untrue, I've gotten my last few chinese sent packages in fine time. My friend also visited china and sent me some stuff that's fine...

Customs does check everything, and it causes some delay, but who cares, the price is the difference. They just want you to buy their stuff, that's all.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zhuzhuchina said:
i don't think so. usually large and big shipment are delayed, but for small purchase below 0.5 kg shipped with express courier EMS is still normal delay in many countries. usa 4/5 days, europe 7 days, italy 14 days ( it's a national problem in this case )
then if seller use normal mail o registered mail time can be more than 2/5 weeks
ciao
So true.

Remember, small packages have little delays, big packages have HUGE delays. That's the key.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true, because of the Olympics and packages being checked more, most packages are delayed some (not by much though according to my recent experiences.) Plus, DX says that they currently can't sell any torches, knives, and shit due to this as well.

dynamiteout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard about Systemgears in Canadian forums before, so they arent really new or anything.

BTW, in regards to the delay issues in China, it was actually on the Canadian news 1-2 weeks ago. I dont know if this applies to NDS carts, but yea, most factories were temporary shut down to reduce pollution and at the same time, allowing the workers to travel back to their China hometown, to enjoy Olympics with their families.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/i1n5dUCBB5M?si=APPrpzXJVZrkwMIm this is why you don't buy preloaded systems lol