[Rumors]Xbox720 Pricing, Subscriptions, No B/C, $99 Xbox360

Would you buy a NextBox/720 based on these rumors?

• I'd have to think about it.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Microsoft all the way!

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 82 85.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evanescent_hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what they're suggesting there is an add-on for the 720 that plays 360 games.

...why? Unless you don't already have a 360, that's pointless.

evanescent_hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a 360.
Well, fair enough then. Nevertheless, you could probably find a 360 for cheaper than the add-on if you looked, one that played games from disc. Though I suppose it would take up a separate set of ports on your TV. *shrugs* Whatever. I'm not getting it anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

A new rumour explaining how local play can be played offliine, interesting..
Welcome news...but likely won't stop those tempers who are incapable of following links / reading sources from pissing and moaning.

Plenty of "pre-order cancelled" tears still to come I'm sure.
But this is actually a great way to tie in BC without forcing those who don't care about it (or already own the last gen hardware) from feeling the pain in the price-point.

Reactions: Rizsparky

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
evanescent_hero, I'm not sure if you're using green text to underline that you're being sarcastic... or you just don't know the customs we have here... A normal font would be appreciated. :tpi:

As for the 720, here's the deal Microsoft - make it comparable in horsepower to the PS4, forget about the whole XBox Live Gold dealio and just make online free and you may spark some interest - otherwise you're the middle man here with nothing interesting to offer.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

A new rumour explaining how local play can be played offliine, interesting..

That bit in there about connecting that mini unit to play 360 disc based games on the new system is a good idea if true, IMO. That way people that give a shit can get their BC, and those that don't give a shit won't have to pay for it. A Genesis Power Base Converter for the modern era, if you will.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
That bit in there about connecting that mini unit to play 360 disc based games on the new system is a good idea if true, IMO. That way people that give a shit can get their BC, and those that don't give a shit won't have to pay for it. A Genesis Power Base Converter for the modern era, if you will.
Yeah, it's a great idea, keeps the cost down for the 720 too

evanescent_hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evanescent_hero, I'm not sure if you're using green text to underline that you're being sarcastic... or you just don't know the customs we have here... A normal font would be appreciated. :tpi:
I type in green online. Not like it's hard to read. It's also not like I post in a separate font or smaller text. Apologies if it bugs you, but I'm not changing it. I mostly lurk here anyway, so you won't have to deal with it much.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I type in green online. Not like it's hard to read. It's also not like I post in a separate font or smaller text. Apologies if it bugs you, but I'm not changing it. I mostly lurk here anyway, so you won't have to deal with it much.
I'm just sayin', most people find it annoying and there were instances of mods correcting wacky fonts or coloured stuff for the sake of legibility unless the colour or font had a purpose. ;)

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
OP
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
So what they're suggesting there is an add-on for the 720 that plays 360 games.

...why? Unless you don't already have a 360, that's pointless.

I was more under the impression that it was going to be a budget-priced 360, probably with no disc drive/hard drive/wifi, etc ala the PSP Street or whatever that thing was called.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs