[RUMOUR] PS4 backups already on torrent sites!?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
rumor is fake i was just there and they weren't so
mythbustersbusted.png

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
go look for yourself at the penguin bar if their not there their not anywhere. i've also checked at least 10 other sites and also usenet even googled it (and found a few cool ps2 iso sites in the process) they are not there. those images are Photoshopped!

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go look for yourself at the penguin bar if their not there their not anywhere. i've also checked at least 10 other sites and also usenet even googled it (and found a few cool ps2 iso sites in the process) they are not there. those images are Photoshopped!

Be more specific, I am looking at the images and I don't see anything yet to show they are photoshopped.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unless it's usable in one way or another, I'd say it's moot. If it even is a clean rip.

30+ GBs to download a pirated game? That's the most brilliant Anti-Piracy tactic ever!

With growing connection speeds thanks to fiber optics being used more and more, it's more of a time issue than anything else. Just like DVD sized movie rips weren't that popular at first, but now most are done at that level at the minimum (compared to the CD-fitting formats of circa 700mb) thanks to growing connection speeds.

Nice info tidbit: With a 50/10 connection (quite a typical starting tier in fiber optics here) it would take a few days, a week at the most to download the said 30 GB if the stream was constant with high rates. Probably even less.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've come across ISO rips of Wii U games, FWIW
They're 25GB (scientific GB, whatever that equates to in 'GiB') in size - at least New Super Mario Bros. U was. Not like I could actually do anything with it, but I downloaded one for kicks to see if anything would open it, and of course it wouldn't.
no public tools can, but it's possible. You can decrypt it using the key they provided in the nfo to list internal file's structure http://pastie.org/pastes/7760175/text

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They tryed that with the psp, didnt work out as great as they expected.

You sure about that? I seem to recall one of Sony's execs saying they were actually making lots of money from PSP piracy because everybody was buying the systems in order to hack them.

no public tools can, but it's possible. You can decrypt it using the key they provided in the nfo to list internal file's structure

Interesting. How are people even ripping Wii U games? Special Blu-Ray drives?

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Unless it's usable in one way or another, I'd say it's moot. If it even is a clean rip.

With growing connection speeds thanks to fiber optics being used more and more, it's more of a time issue than anything else. Just like DVD sized movie rips weren't that popular at first, but now most are done at that level at the minimum (compared to the CD-fitting formats of circa 700mb) thanks to growing connection speeds.

Nice info tidbit: With a 50/10 connection (quite a typical starting tier in fiber optics here) it would take a few days, a week at the most to download the said 30 GB if the stream was constant with high rates. Probably even less.
It would take a few hours to download with a normal connection (50) ;)

30GB is nothing if you like me have a 200Mbit/s connection.
its weird everyone seems to have such a rubbish connection, well Sweden for the win XD

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=download 30GB at 50 Mbps
1 hour and 20 minutes at max speed, apparently. (gotta love that site)

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
It would take a few hours to download with a normal connection (50) ;)

its weird everyone seems to have such a rubbish connection, well Sweden for the win XD

Don't know if you know this, but Sweden is actually one of the best, if not THE best country in the world when it comes to Internet connections

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as the files are pkg I am going to assume they came from Sony's psn servers rather than a bluray disc. Still useless for now anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one