[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is fine. Will I won't be buying it releases like this are great for keeping the Switch catalogue going - and I'm sure I would sell well with such a big user base hungry for games. I wonder if it could sell better than it did on the 3DS.

Unfortunately Nintendo can't put out brand new games that quickly so ports are a necessity at this point.

Reactions: mario5555

enhasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they do something about the "new super mario bros" graphics. Really dislike this games 3D artstyle.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"3DS to Switch ports are bad", These ports are most likely remasters from the 3DS's mid-end hardware to the Switch's high-end hardware. Not to say that it wasn't beautiful on the 3DS, but honestly it's better off getting ported.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazing game, lovec fuck out of.
why is everyone being the stupid and complain? is not like it hurt, if u dont likes or dont wants the games again then dont buy buit many peoples would plays again, and many never got to plays, its not like they is working on new zeldas gam rite now so this would takes time of that lol
wltBWBB.png

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How on earth can you defend games being released for full price with the most basic of gameplay changes as "just a sequel?" Quit talking out of your ass you fanboy. Learn to take criticism and know that Nintendo can do wrong. Unless you're one of those people who think Nintendo has never once made a bad game, in which I encourage you to play Super Mario Land 1, which is objectively bad.

First off, counting RCC,JDC,SC,SOC+IC,GOW1&2, KC, and Resistance, you have 8 collections, or 21 games.

Counting Nintendo, we have 22 games, of which G&W's series takes up 5 collections alone.
In total, the G&W series *ALONE* takes up twenty five fucking video games

I want to re-iterate this for you since you clearly don't get it.

Through five games alone, Nintendo has managed to release the same 25 games twice. That alone is more than you have claimed the PS3 to be guilty of for first party releases.

GTA games like LCS and VCS are rehashes. You take content you already have, slap a new story into it, and call it a day. Stop being so mad that I said Nintendo did something bad. Grow up.

Do wrong based on whose standards? Yours? Yours aren't mine.
It's the whole problem with people like you. You don't want to live and let live. You don't like these ports, you don't buy them. Yes it's that simple. If they're not profitable they won't do them. The mere fact that they are profitable, that people want VC, that retroarch is something everyone is waiting for for the switch, shows there's profit to be made. There is no "WRONG and RIGHT", this is business. The only "wrong" thing is people judging and bashing other consumers for having different tastes and opinions.

Oh and nobody gives a single shit about console wars. Grow up, right back at ya.

Seriously.

Reactions: chartube12
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do wrong based on whose standards? Yours? Yours aren't mine.
It's the whole problem with people like you. You don't want to live and let live. You don't like these ports, you don't buy them. Yes it's that simple. If they're not profitable they won't do them. The mere fact that they are profitable, that people want VC, that retroarch is something everyone is waiting for for the switch, shows there's profit to be made. There is no "WRONG and RIGHT", this is business. The only "wrong" thing is people judging and bashing other consumers for having different tastes and opinions.

Oh and nobody gives a single shit about console wars. Grow up, right back at ya.

Seriously.
Spend less time on e621 and more time reading the reply chain, I was referring to his standards. You were -- and still are -- irrelevant to the discussion.
Also it's hilarious ironic you're saying it's "wrong" to "judge and bash other consumers for having different tastes and opinions" and then to do precisely that in the next line. This is why I normally don't reply to you.

Last edited by MaverickWellington,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally who was talking about the PS4? No one in the thread even mentioned it at all, let alone positively. 5$ have been deposited in your bank account. Thank you for your valiant contributions to the Nintendo Internet Defense Force. Mario will arrive at your house shortly to congratulate you.
So you're just an ignorant butthurt salt boy huh? Ports are awesome imo.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Virtual Console on the Switch
Ummm... what? PC's don't have a competent 3DS emulator, let alone Nintendo developing one for the Switch. Also, it would be INSANELY difficult to play without the second screen. I'm thinking more of a remastered version if anything.

If anything, I'd say Twilight Princess HD was the game that only looked slightly better; and TPHD was the one that got people complaining lol. That said, they still improved it nicely. I've never really felt underwhelmed by a Zelda remaster.
TPHD looked HORRIBLE on modern TVs. It needed anti-aliasing BIG TIME. However, it looked on point on the gamepad and GameCube.

Or better yet, why not just make a 3DS TV system like you did with Super gameboy or gameboy player. :ninja:
D.I.Y Project anyone? ;)

Reactions: gameboy

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a lot better games to port tbh. A Link Between Worlds was decent, but incredibly short with absolutely 0 difficulty.
Just give us Windwaker and twilight princess dammit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think