Hacking Safest route to staying unban with Xecuter.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're failing to see my point. As far as Nintendo knows, the "gap" is just you leaving the Nintendo Switch turned off. I'm not talking about deleting any logs. A NAND restore shouldn't leave any suspicious telemetry gaps, as long as you don't go online between the time the backup was made and the time the restore was done.

That true, I missed your statement about deleting your connections and staying offline. For me I've been missing that simple step of removing my connections between booting OFW and SXOS - whoops! I don't mean to play online at all with my second switch anyway, but that's exactly the reason I got it, didn't want to take any chances on my main console.

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mistake is hacking your switch that's what will get the ban. Maybe I was banned before you because I didn't try to "ban" myself by turning off the internet on my switch but be it 1 day 1 week or 1 year people like you will be in these threads and posts asking how to be unbanned I'd say 9 out of 10 people know the risks of this and don't mind being banned I certainly don't I mean the games can't be played online so what does it matter. We don't need eshop we have free shop so while you deem some people to have made a mistake. You yourself has made a mistake by hacking enjoy the online whilst it lasts for you

say that to the post above you, ''common sense is the key''

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read somewhere here after 5.0 released, deleting the logs will gets you banned.

So there's logs? as in if i run Homebrew one time offline and then go online with no cfw, nintendo will see that i was on homebrew on a log?

a few of us haven't been banned yet for using just legit game backups with switch OS.

Meaning we backed up the carts ourselves. I have had CFW on my switch for 3 weeks, maybe 4, online all the time playing homebrew and my own backed up .xci files and haven't been banned. Not a great solution because you can't download these games, but you only need the cart for the time it takes to backup to your switch if that helps.

There are a couple people on GBAtemp that have been using certs from legit games for backed up .xci's and haven't been banned.
There are specific rules they say to follow though. You need a cart 1 donor cert for cart 1 games, have claimed the my nintendo poins for the cart, and have it the same size or bigger than the backup .xci you are injecting it into.
16gb is the biggest one right now I believe.

same goes for type 2 carts. You need a type 2 cart cert for those .xci's or you'll get banned (so they say)
You can use this site to figure out cart sizes and what type cart the game is.
http://nswdb.com/

I have never tried this and it seems pretty sketchy.
Safest is using all your own backups but even that could result in ban.

If you want to try the donor cert method, please look through all of this thread, particularly Reesey's posts as he has documented what appear to be the best methods and i may have missed a rule or two.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xecuter-sx-os-play-online-titles-using-cert-from-another-game.508357/

Nope, was on a thread where everyone was doing that. It was working at first but then they started getting banned and the OP was really full of it for using his legit zelda cert for all his games. He got banned recently after a month of doing this. Thanks to him though we see that using a donor cert or a legit cert on a downloaded xci is not safe.

The only winning move is not to play.

well played

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's logs? as in if i run Homebrew one time offline and then go online with no cfw, nintendo will see that i was on homebrew on a log?

Kind of. Yes, there are logs. We don't know what all gets sent to Nintendo, we do know that there are error logs, and if something ends up in those error logs due to homebrew, and it gets sent to Nintendo, you could get banned.

I have my Switch set up to wipe error logs at every boot, but according to SciresM that may be doing more harm than good:

So far I haven't been banned, I don't pirate Switch games at all but I do use Checkpoint to backup and restore saves. I also use emulators. So far only one person has been banned strictly from the use of (non-CDN) homebrew, so we don't have a lot of data to go by.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We need a solution like the 3DS emuNAND but with online features completely locked. Think about it: There wont be any logs on the system nand or any way Nintendo can know you are doing any unauthorized thing. It would be impossible to get banned.

You can't play backups online, update them via the official way... But the ban risk would be zero. And anyways, that actions can get you banned.

If TX adds this on a future update, I would buy it instantly. And i'm sure that more people would.

Last edited by yacepi15,

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously Airplane Mode is the safest. I haven’t had the need to exit airplane mode since I can download all my updates and dlc via cdnsp on my pc and install via devMenu or SX OS in 1.4. There isn’t a safe way to play backups online so I wouldn’t even attempt to try without assuming a ban.. therefore I don’t see the need to access the internet directly from the switch period.

I would not recommend playing purchased games on a modified system, even if you avoid a ban temporarily they will most likely ban you eventually..

Last edited by SaggyBeans,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Safest route to staying unban with Xecuter."

To answer your question. The truly safest way to avoid bans with the Xecuter dongle is.

1. Remove right joycon
2. Insert RCM dongle and SX dongle
3. Hold volume-up
4. Press the power key.
5. When SX-OS boots. Choose original firmware.

No bans ever! :D
You sure about that? Would you stake your life on that statement?
What if there are hardware logs stating rcm was used, or that pin 10 was shorted.
Only Nintendo can say...

Reactions: darkflame808

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Safest route to staying unban with Xecuter."

To answer your question. The truly safest way to avoid bans with the Xecuter dongle is.

1. Remove right joycon
2. Insert RCM dongle and SX dongle
3. Hold volume-up
4. Press the power key.
5. When SX-OS boots. Choose original firmware.

No bans ever! :D
Yeah...3 people have been banned for booting OFW. Its not safe enough.

darkflame808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure about that? Would you stake your life on that statement?
What if there are hardware logs stating rcm was used, or that pin 10 was shorted.
Only Nintendo can say...
I will admit you do have a point there. Nintendo could ban you for anything really. They could ban you simply because you punched in the Konami code posted prior. Sooooo I will retract the ever part. In all seriousness it's a crap shoot avoiding the ban hammer so just dive in and enjoy the pool cause when the hammer drops they will just lock the door and the pool will be closed. Then you'll wish you swam a few laps while you could. In regards to logs I don't know of Nintendo can see rcm since it's before horizon boots. I don't think Nintendo had the foresight to tell Nvidia to log rcm calls because if they did they would have banned essentially all consoles that they reflashed utilizing this method if they even utilized it. I'm confident that Nintendo would have focused its efforts on rcm long before its launch to ensure it wasn't breakable due to the critical location it holds in the boot chain. It's like windows knowing you pressed F2 and exited the bios without even making changes before you booted into it.

Edit: thinking about it... Boot into rcm and backup nand. Reboot into rcm and backup nand a second time. Exact match? Then I assume logs never changed?

Last edited by darkflame808,

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have Xecuter and I've been playing Splatoon 2 Online legitimately. What I mean is, I bought Splatoon 2 instead of getting a backup online. But I got Mario Odyssey, Mario and Rabbids other games that are not legitimately. So obviously backups. So this has been the safest route for me. Buy the online games, but download the backups that are offline. I always take the SD card out when i got back online on splatoon. I delete my internet on switch every time i go on xecuter. Had Xecuter since launch and I've been good ever since. I know xecuter is always a risk of being banned but so far this been the most safest and i'm on lattest firmware. So i haven't been banned. I created this thread to see who else has done a lot with xecuter and is still safe on lattest firmware so we can figure out the ''random bans'' which might not even be all that random.

I want to try something though. My friend has Mario Kart Deluxe. If i dump his backup using the homebrew app that dumps games. Will it be safe? I know nothing is safe but is it likely for me to get ban? will it give me a legit cert? Can I get away with playing online?

I don't want to hear you all say ''there's always a risk'' Like i know that we all know that but i want progress and see how others are doing
Seems like a lot of effort to avoid a ban from a online service that is pretty crap

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Make a nand backup, never ever connect to the internet.

When emunand comes available, make the emunand with the nand you are using.

Restore the backup you made at the beginning and use the unmodified nand for online/non-pirated games.

Use emunand offline with pirated games.

I believe the main purpose of Emunand is to allow user on lower firmware to update without loosing coldboot function. Therefore isn't it preferable to have two separate SD cards? One with a clean copy of your system and the other for your hacking purposes?

You're failing to see my point. As far as Nintendo knows, the "gap" is just you leaving the Nintendo Switch turned off. I'm not talking about deleting any logs. A NAND restore shouldn't leave any suspicious telemetry gaps, as long as you don't go online between the time the backup was made and the time the restore was done.

Then again there is a risk even while in CFW as some are claiming that the Switch autoconnect to the internet (briefly) even while in airplane mode. Whether deleting your internet settings clears this risk or not is another question.

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just backuped nand before doing anything, blocked my switch WiFi and Ethernet in my router and only allow connections out to Homebrew app store and whatever I would need my switch to connect to on the internet in the future and then went nuts. If I ever need to go online I would just restore my nand, why does it need to be so complicated? :) Also, switch with an ethernet adapter will connect to the network without any connection tests.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F