dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
hey guys... i was playing guitar hero: smash hits a while ago... i then think i turned of the console when it said "saving... do not disconnect" or something like that... now whenever i turn on my wii it says "press a to continue" with a picture of a wiimote... i'm pretty sure it got a save corruption of some kind... anyways, fortunately i had a NAND backup made with Bootmii (which i think should save everything)... the problem is... it's kind of an old backup... is there a way i could backup the new NAND and erase just the corrupted save? is it hard?... if it's not possible i'll just use my backed up one...

i can't believe wii's can get bricked by something as simple as turning it off in a bad time... i mean... what happens to people that can't install bootmii?

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
ohh... forgot to say it sorry... the problem is in the system menu as it happens after turning it off and on... i also took the disc out already... and i can't press A... the wiimote never gets a connection... i just get the blue leds flashing...

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried reconnecting your wiimote with the little red button in the battery compartment?
sleep.gif

The "press a to continue" health check screen is definitely not a brick
sleep.gif
;

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can try using Waninkoko's save game manager through the HBC to back up any save files and such that you have made progress on since making that nand backup, or see if it can remove that corrupted save file altogether (not exactly sure what it can do).

Then if you must you can just restore the backup and then restore your backed up save files back afterwards.

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
metroid4life14 said:
have you tried reconnecting your wiimote with the little red button in the battery compartment?
sleep.gif

The "press a to continue" health check screen is definitely not a brick
sleep.gif
;

yes i have tried... and no, it's definitely not the health check screen... it just says "Press A to continue" with a wiimote drawing and an arrow pointing to the A button... have never seen it before...

QUOTE(nabster92 @ Sep 15 2009, 11:03 PM) You can try using Waninkoko's save game manager through the HBC to back up any save files and such that you have made progress on since making that nand backup, or see if it can remove that corrupted save file altogether (not exactly sure what it can do).

Then if you must you can just restore the backup and then restore your backed up save files back afterwards.

good idea
biggrin.gif
... thanks... i'll try to see what i can do
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sure it isnt the bluetooth module is broken? it could just be that the remotes dont sync because bluetooth module is broken...if you boot HBC through BootMii, do the remotes work?

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
ohh never mind guys... metroid4life14 was right... it was just a problem with syncing the wiimotes... i didn't tried when the "press A to continue" thing appeared... i just tried before or in bootmii... now it works
biggrin.gif
... it just made me select the language, country, date and time and all that again... and re-sync my wiimotes... i wonder why though... and my saves seem so be still there
biggrin.gif
... do u think how this could have happened? could it have been the shut down while saving?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: