Oldies Save Request: Starcraft 64

cyberlink420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if anyone had a complete save for Starcraft 64, with every stage completed and all cheats unlocked?

I've been trying to stock my Everdrive 64 with a set of fully-completed cartridge saves, with all their secret modes and features unlocked, either by finding them online or playing through them myself. While I've made a lot of progress, Starcraft 64 is one of the biggest names currently missing from that list. I'm not good enough at RTS games to manage it on my own, so I was hoping someone else would have a perfect save they'd be willing to share. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

PluralityReport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been trying to work at this for the longest time. I have been able to make emulator .FLA save files using project 64 in the past but I have not been able to get them to work on an everdrive 64. When I change the name of the project 64 emulator .fla save file to the ROM name on the everdrive 64 I get an error stating fat 32 format error whenever trying to load the ROM file. If I try to load the .fla file separately using the append save function I get the same error. The emulator .fla file has all of the levels completed and all of the cheats unlocked. I accomplished this task by using the game shark cheats to unlock all the levels and I utilized a hex editor like artmoney to freeze the values of certain character's HP like Hyperion and the heroes in the 56th mission in order to make the completion of those two levels to unlock the invincibility and infinite mana cheat a lot easier. Of course these hex editors are for PC and do not work on the everdrive. I currently have a functioning .fla save file for starcraft on my everdrive 64 but it still is missing the invincibility and infinite mana codes as I have not yet been able to figure out how to beat them on the regular N64 given that I cannot make the units invincible. Would that help you out at all? Or do you absolutely need the other two cheats? Are you more well-versed in how emulators save .Fla files and maybe you could figure out what seems to be the error when transferring from computer to everdrive?
Post automatically merged:

I should also add that if I try to take my everdrive 64 format save file and try to play it and modify it on any kind of emulator, the emulator project 64 does not recognize the save file and when I start the game none of the levels are unlocked and I don't have any of the saves or cheats unlocked so I guess the emulator does not work with the format of everdrive 64.

Last edited by PluralityReport,

cyberlink420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can host both the Everdrive and PJ64 files somewhere, I can take a look at them at least. Maybe by using the "All stages clear" codes, the cheats can be tricked into unlocking sooner.

Last edited by cyberlink420,

PluralityReport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I have unlocked all of the cheat codes and I have a flash ram save file on my everdrive 64 with all of the levels unlocked and all of the cheats unlocked. In order to get the invincibility cheat code, I used the infinite cash and infinite gas cheats along with the unlock all levels code, and I used mega build and brute Force the Zerg with wave after wave of battle cruisers, disabling mega build after I had built up enough battle cruisers. As for the infinite mana code, it was easy because I had invincibility. It was only those dark archons that kept charming my units and turning them to the other side that was getting at me. How and where do I upload it? Glad to help out.

An image for proof. 😇

Attachments

• IMG_20240402_204913.jpg
    IMG_20240402_204913.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 8

cyberlink420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can upload it to any standard filehosting service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share that way, or (more simply) you can use the attach file button here on GBATemp when posting a new reply. It should be in the bottom right of the little reply window at the bottom of this thread.

PluralityReport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would really like to help but I seem to be having a massive problem and since you have an ever drive 64 as well maybe you can help me with it. While I do have or at least seem to have a save file with all of the cheats unlocked and all of the levels unlocked, I can't seem to get that file on my computer or transfer it to my other ever drive to test to see if it works outside the ed64. It works on my everdrive that I have been playing through the levels and unlocking the cheats on everything loads up and the cheats and levels are unlocked but I cannot seem to copy the flash ram file with all of that data to my computer. Sorry if this is sounding complex but the everdrive 64 which is a version 3 (x7), does not seem to be saving the most recent flashrsm to the flashram file designated for starcraft. It is only copying an older file that doesn't have all of the cheats unlocked. Do you know if I need to do something to have the flashram update on the SD card? I have tried resetting and powering off and playing different games and saving with different games since playing starcraft and the SRAM and the flash RAM for those games is all saved properly and everything but the starcraft flash ram file on the SD card does not seem to be updating with the most recent saves and cheats unlocked. Have you ever experienced this before? Thanks!

Disaster. In trying to see why it was not copying or saving the flash ram file I seem to have unknowingly deleted the flash ram save file from the physical everdrive cartridge. I'm going to have to try and beat those two levels again to get the cheats back. I have no idea why it's not saving the flash ram file to the SD card. Very sorry. This will take a while. Have you ever experienced this before? Thanks.

cyberlink420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally, the Everdrive retains the data for the most recent game you played in its onboard memory, including its save data. So on the X7, all you would need to do is play a different game, and the previous game's save (in this case, StarCraft) would be written to the SD card and replaced with the new game's data. I know I've had issues in the past with saves sometimes, and that's usually worked. But if you already tried switching games...hmm...

Try booting up StarCraft again and play any level, then reset the console and play something else so that the Everdrive writes the save to the SD card. After that, load your SD card, open up your save directory, and sort files by "date modified". Ideally, that newly-written Starcraft save should be listed as the most recently modified file, at which point you should be able to copy-paste it without issue.

cyberlink420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best of luck. If you still end up having trouble, I don't mind just using the file with those last two cheats missing. Based on your description, sounds like the other six cheats would make getting the rest a lot easier anyway.

PluralityReport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with the flash ram not updating. I'll upload the older save. I'll talk on the krikzz forums to see if they know anything. Let me know if this file works for you.

File is not in a valid format. I'll see what I can do.

Try this.

Attachments

• StarCraft 64 (U) [!].rar
    12.9 KB · Views: 8

cyberlink420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it's all there except those last two cheats; thanks much. The file's dated March 27th, so I guess that's the last time the file was written to the SD card for whatever reason.

PluralityReport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad I could help out at least a little. Hopefully I'll figure out what's happening with this save file issue because I'd really like to post the complete cheat file because it's something that I've wanted to do for the longest time as I've said.

It's weird because I do remember playing StarCraft 64 on the 27th of March at that time, but I didn't do anything so far as trying to unlock the cheats. All of those cheats were unlocked earlier last night so I have no idea why that save file which is dated several days earlier has progress that I only made several days in the future. I'm just really confused, ha ha ha.

PluralityReport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, me again. I think I might have solved whatever problem was occurring with the cheats not updating in the newer save files. Try using this file that I've created. The way that I've gotten it to work is I put it in the save folder on the Everdrive and when the Everdrive is turned on I go and select only StarCraft 64 and then I go back into the save folder and selected this new save file and I hit file to S ram. I think the problem was was that I was saving the file to S ram and then loading the game which might have been overwriting my save. So select only game first and then load this new save file to ram. I hope it works because it seems to work on my end!
I think I've fixed it.jpg

Attachments

• STARCRAFT 64 - all levels and codes unlocked.rar
    25.2 KB · Views: 5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste