Scene dev ChrisPVille showcases RP2040 optical drive emulator for the GameCube

F1MnPe7XoAEA3k_.jpg

A recent post by scene dev ChrisPVille, who has been delving into GameCube hardware for a long time, says they are currently working with TeamOffBroadway and trevorrudolph on what is said to be a $5 solderless ODE for the Nintendo GameCube. They claim that the modchip will feature loading games from either an SD card or local WiFi connection, a built-in configuration menu, and faster loading times than the majority of storage adapters such as the SD2SP2 and SD Gecko. A teaser video was uploaded, followed by a few photos of the device in action. Its supposed release date is at the end of 2023

QUICK UPDATE: Macho Nacho has recently posted a video review on the FlippyDrive emulator. It is now in the final production phase, where review units have been shipped off to many creators to try it before its release date. In other news, they are working on an ethernet add-on for the FlippyDrive.

GitHub page

Last edited by SylverReZ,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean it have a esp32 so wifi. Would be surprised if it won't have some kind of server function later.
I agree, I think it's a given they have seemed to try and make the whole mod upgradable easily so it goes without saying everything will be accessible via a web interface.
I'm looking forward to the announcements for the ethernet addon

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I agree, I think it's a given they have seemed to try and make the whole mod upgradable easily so it goes without saying everything will be accessible via a web interface.
I'm looking forward to the announcements for the ethernet addon
I'm personally just happy this old console that wasn't super popular gets some love and especially these easy mods that anyone with a screwdrive can do :D

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the project (what can I say, I prefer solder less), although I'd prefer games on an externally accessible device.

I suppose in theory you could use an MSD extension cable, put a basic dol on there which chain loads or use WiFi to allow for remote access.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1