Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
With all due respect, I love Zecoxao. He's awesome but I don't think he should really be dissapointed about a thread being deleted. Man the amount of fakers, and memers doing their best just to get a rise out of people in the community always surprises me.
Yeah, especially considering he was apparently trying to sell it on marketplaces already, and doing so in pretty sketchy ways iirc (I can't verify since the thread hasn't been archived anywhere, though if a staff member wants to restore it, it should be here)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well let me tell you why it was removed.
The original dev asked me too. Since the Russian tried to sell his stuff.

Ive known about it being real since I got that Pm and did a lot to make it look fake so he could work in peace and not need to rush a buggy mess out. But now thanks to the leak If dont know what will happen.

Now you know why I removed it.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States

Ive known about it being real since I got that Pm and did a lot to make it look fake so he could work in peace and not need to rush a buggy mess out. But now thanks to the leak If dont know what will happen.

Now you know why I closed it.
Wait, the original dev requested removal? Kinda weird how they'd phrase it in a way that makes it seem like staff independently decided to delete it due to being "morons"

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now you know why I removed it.
Ahhh, you know what, that's actually a smarter way to pivot the momentum and attention this is getting. Good job overall then, it's for the best.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now I'm confused, what did you mean by "original dev" then? Are you suggesting that Zecoxao isn't the original dev, or am I simply misunderstanding
Correct. He is using the leaked info matthew provided to make his own. I dont know if the og dev and him work together now of not.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct. He is using the leaked info matthew provided to make his own. I dont know if the og dev and him work together now of not.
Wow, if this is true, that's genuinely fucked. I already didn't fully trust Zecoxao simply due to the fact that they were uploading everything to sketchy file upload sites instead of directly to Twitter and/or YouTube. I can only imagine how the actual dev feels seeing the wrong person get credited for stuff, especially by Chary herself

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow, if this is true, that's genuinely fucked. I already didn't fully trust Zecoxao simply due to the fact that they were uploading everything to sketchy file upload sites instead of directly to Twitter and/or YouTube. I can only imagine how the actual dev feels seeing the wrong person get credited for stuff, especially by Chary herself
I dont know either. Its not Chary fault either. This is legit, he knows how to code so it isnt magical. Chary just report the news.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont know either. Its not Chary fault either. This is legit, he knows how to code so it isnt magical. Chary just report the news.
Yeah I know it isn't her fault, and that the proof they provided most likely isn't fake. I just feel like, if the original dev wants, they should post an announcement of their own work (assuming they're not working together)

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah I know it isn't her fault, and that the proof they provided most likely isn't fake. I just feel like, if the original dev wants, they should post an announcement of their own work (assuming they're not working together)
There is one massive Mario Corp that might not wanna get the info out too

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
so it's time to prepare for the next war of "modchip makers" and for firmware updates bricking "nonlegit modchips" again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto