• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Scotus Rules against trump to keep financial records secret

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh don't worry, I'm sure Republicans will spend 90% of the next four years throwing shit at the wall just to see if anything sticks. Thanks to the precedent they set though, Joe Biden is indeed above the law until he's no longer in office, so at the end of the day it's all really just sound and fury signifying nothing.
But Biden is Democrat. Unlike Republicans, Democrats have demonstrated moral and ethical decisions, which may include impeaching a Democrat if there really is a good reason. Republicans are the party of the rich and the corrupt, they aren't motivated whatsoever by morals or ethics, which unfortunately gives them the upper hand.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It's a decision they were only willing to hand down once Trump was no longer in office. As long as Republicans are using "unitary executive theory" as a strategy, they have to treat the position of president like it makes a god out of whoever is occupying it, or otherwise lose their ability to continue pushing us down the path toward authoritarianism. That's why we'll probably never see a president convicted in the Senate, regardless of the charges against him and/or the evidence backing those charges.
Not sure how delegation of competence went on this one, but if what you say was instrumental, this would hint at 'hes fallen from grace' (within his own party establishment as well).

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how delegation of competence went on this one, but if what you say was instrumental, this would hint at 'hes fallen from grace' (within his own party establishment as well).
Within the establishment GOP, sure, but he was only ever used as a tool by them anyway. Some 46% of Republicans are willing to admit they'd join the "Trump party" if given the option, and I bet that number gets closer to 70% if he lives to 2024. The majority of Republican voters are in a cult of personality now, so the concern isn't so much that he wins, but that he incites more riots and/or attempted insurrections.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Within the establishment GOP, sure, but he was only ever used as a tool by them anyway. Some 46% of Republicans are willing to admit they'd join the "Trump party" if given the option, and I bet that number gets closer to 70% if he lives to 2024. The majority of Republican voters are in a cult of personality now, so the concern isn't so much that he wins, but that he incites more riots and/or attempted insurrections.
Character assassination also crossed my mind. ;) And I dont like the guy. ;)

Just unsure if it was only from the democrats - and maybe some of their benefactors. (Many important clients and creditors dropped him directly in the aftermath of the Capitol thing, but you can never know if thats just because of public image.)

On the other stuff - 'merica not russia yet. ;) (And yes I've seen the current Malcom X stuff.. ;) )

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice article with many speculative twitter links and no actual evidence.

Do you have any actual evidence?

Xzi's even sure taxpayers funded it.

AFAIK there's only one adult offspring of a living US President that's a known crackhead.

Reactions: notimp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices +1