Screwdriver Set Switch

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone recommend a screw driver/tool kit for OLED modding? I can't find a kit that has the JIS 000 screwdrivers...

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using this cheap and very convenient set from AliExpress:

screwdriver set.png

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If your screws are glued in with that green nasty substrate you are most likely going to strip them if you use philip heads. I personally use PZ000 which is equivalent to Philip00. PZ for me have better grip on the screw leaving no room for wiggle. I've stripped a few using philip for both sizes 000 and 00 and had to rethread them in order to remove them.

Last edited by Hassal,

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's expensive. Any other kits that aren't $40?
Spend the $$ for a quality kit. You'll be happier and get better results than with bargain basement kits. Bonus you'll be able to disassemble all sorts of things with ease. I have very few things that can't be disassembled with the my ifixit kit.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Ifixit video on YouTube he says to use JIS 000 screwdrivers for the switch. I know you can strip JIS 000 screws if you use Philips even though they are very similar.

I don't want to strip the screws, but if you say it is okay then I will try.

Ifixit set works fine for me, I never tried the JIS set. There use to be this set on Amazon it work fine. What you need is precision screwdrivers. If you don't want a whole set just get the Y00 and P00.

Screenshot_20230709_081416_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought the iFixit Toolkit about 6 Years ago and it's totally worth it, ever single Bit is still like new because they are made of Quality Metal.

I wouldn't bother with Cheap cent ware screwdrivers that comes with everything you order from China, those tools are a one way trip and break on the first or second use especially the Cheap Plastic opening Tools, they snap almost instant.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ifixit set works fine for me, I never tried the JIS set. There use to be this set on Amazon it work fine. What you need is precision screwdrivers. If you don't want a whole set just get the Y00 and P00.

View attachment 382460
JIS comes with the IFIXIT kit.

https://www.ifixit.com/products/mako-driver-kit-64-precision-bits

Only problem is that the kit runs $40.

Why Philips screwdriver instead of JIS?
Post automatically merged:

Spend the $$ for a quality kit. You'll be happier and get better results than with bargain basement kits. Bonus you'll be able to disassemble all sorts of things with ease. I have very few things that can't be disassembled with the my ifixit kit.
Only thing that it is missing is the plastic spudger.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can someone recommend a screw driver/tool kit for OLED modding? I can't find a kit that has the JIS 000 screwdrivers...
Highly recommend the iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit, you'll never need to buy another tool for opening stuff again, it has anything you would ever need, as well as being high quality and coming with a lifetime warranty. It's not cheap, but considering how many things it comes with, and how big of a difference it can make having the right tool for a job, it's worth it. It's been a lifesaver.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly recommend the iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit, you'll never need to buy another tool for opening stuff again, it has anything you would ever need, as well as being high quality and coming with a lifetime warranty. It's not cheap, but considering how many things it comes with, and how big of a difference it can make having the right tool for a job, it's worth it. It's been a lifesaver.
Once the diode values are correct, does that mean that the installation went well and I can turn my switch on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/X4H1s3wl7H4?si=NNFoCxhEtCIqiX9Y