SD card not accessible after strange luma boot

lazarb513

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to get to the bottom of a very strange issue. I was simply installing a cia file using custom install which I made from a gba rom using VC injector. After ejecting my sd card like a good boy and putting it back into my 3ds I got this very strange luma boot like the one during the hacking process which you actually pursue. I thought nothing of it and just pressed start to boot back normally.

Then all of a sudden my sdcard was unreadable by my 3ds. Much to my added shock, my pc couldn't read it either, and I wasn't even able to format it with guiformat. I already tried multiple ways to get it working again but no luck. The strangest thing was that I tried putting the microSD (no adapter) into my Huawei and now I get prompted to unlock it using a password.

The biggest shock factor was that I bought this 128GB microSD + SD adapter not 2 days ago and I always made sure to take precautions not to corrupt it, yet here I am. I'm wondering if this isn't actually a Luma thing whereby your SD card can be rendered into e-waste. Luckily before my latest gba cia injection I backed up the whole file system while I was troubleshooting a screen wrap problem with gba titles in prep for a format on 64k clusters. Lmk please if I can save this card or just any advice to prevent this in the future! My sincere thanks for any feedback!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma might have, like I said in my original post

Well you can't do anything unless you can access the partition, not sure why your phone is asking for a password, the 3ds doesn't really encrypt sd card only the Nintendo 3DS folder is encrypted. As for what to do, if you can't get it to read or show up in disk management you are out of luck, buy an another SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1