Hardware Sd2vita has slow read speed

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Actually i'm not really sure whether it has slow read speed, or the vita having hard time reading it.

So yesterday my vita fall from 1.5m+ wall it doesn't have anything scratched or broke except the attached handgrip, basically the vita function like normal. But when i tried to access files or games that's in sd2vita sometimes it takes a while to open or load it.
I tried using the vita mmc as ux0 and it function normally.
I disassembled the vita and there is no damage or crack on the board or gamecard connection, at least what i can see.

I'm planning to buy another sd2vita later to check if it's the problem.
I will try changing the sd card with my 3ds one later today.

But before i do anything above is there anything else i should try? I'm not ruling out that the vita is broke, but it's weird if everything work normally but the gamecart slot.

EDIT: When i tried to access anything on sd2vita the gamecart indicator light up normally as if reading, and when the files or games finally loaded it work normally except after sleep(15min+) which the vita will have long load time like first time trying to load it.

Last edited by dizz00,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Actually i'm not really sure whether it has slow read speed, or the vita having hard time reading it.

So yesterday my vita fall from 1.5m+ wall it doesn't have anything scratched or broke except the attached handgrip, basically the vita function like normal. But when i tried to access files or games that's in sd2vita sometimes it takes a while to open or load it.
I tried using the vita mmc as ux0 and it function normally.
I disassembled the vita and there is no damage or crack on the board or gamecard connection, at least what i can see.

I'm planning to buy another sd2vita later to check if it's the problem.
I will try changing the sd card with my 3ds one later today.

But before i do anything above is there anything else i should try? I'm not ruling out that the vita is broke, but it's weird if everything work normally but the gamecart slot.

EDIT: When i tried to access anything on sd2vita the gamecart indicator light up normally as if reading, and when the files or games finally loaded it work normally except after sleep(15min+) which the vita will have long load time like first time trying to load it.
Is it sleep mode ingame or sleep in live are?
Try to reinsert the sd2vita again, and also sd cart into the adapter

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Both sleep.
I have reinsert it a few times with same result.
I tried taping the connection points of sd2vita(i have one without case) checking if some part contact the vita slot, but still the same.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Both sleep.
I have reinsert it a few times with same result.
I tried taping the connection points of sd2vita(i have one without case) checking if some part contact the vita slot, but still the same.
Hmm reformat your sd?
Also extended sleep in game, will cause problems with sd2vita, known bug

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I will try to use and reformat my 3ds one(smaller so moving data won't take as long).
Also extended sleep in game, will cause problems with sd2vita, known bug
Really? I never have proble with it before though. Also it's not only after sleep, when rebooting it take sometime to boot up, but normal when using vita mmc.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I will try to use and reformat my 3ds one(smaller so moving data won't take as long).

Really? I never have proble with it before though. Also it's not only after sleep, when rebooting it take sometime to boot up, but normal when using vita mmc.
Maybe there is something wrong woth the adapter. Or slot itself

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If worst case my slot is the problem, can i fix it myself or do i need to replace the whole board?

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm wondering if I have the same problem. When turning my vita on/off with sd2vita inserted it takes like 2 minutes while the light is flashing.

Also, when I open vitashell, I don't see a ux0 partition. I'm using the new 3.0 style sd2vita, but I also have 2 v1 adapters that I haven't tried yet. Think my card slot is faulty?

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I'm wondering if I have the same problem. When turning my vita on/off with sd2vita inserted it takes like 2 minutes while the light is flashing.

Also, when I open vitashell, I don't see a ux0 partition. I'm using the new 3.0 style sd2vita, but I also have 2 v1 adapters that I haven't tried yet. Think my card slot is faulty?
Does thebalot light flashes?
v3 are built poorly. And provide more info. Do you use memcard also? Vita memcard that is

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does thebalot light flashes?
v3 are built poorly. And provide more info. Do you use memcard also? Vita memcard that is

@Byokugen your advice from the discord channel helped me figure out what was wrong :) The 1.0 adapters actually work now, but the 3.0 doesn't. Hoping they'll give me a refund for it through aliexpress...

I ended up using MLTHaKu since I didn't have a sony memory card.

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
UPDATE
sd card is not the problem, planning to buy another sd2vita to check. Which one do you suggest or avoid from the one i cab get below.
203021508_a966e907-d713-44bf-b822-8dc617fa70ed_780_1040.jpg

SD2Vita_MicroSD_Adapter_for_PSVita_360.jpg

SD2VITACONVERTERADAPTORMEMORYCARDMICROSDPSVITAPSVITA_1_scale.jpg

4(the current one)
sd2vita_psvita_adaptor_micro_sd.jpg

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Byokugen your advice from the discord channel helped me figure out what was wrong :) The 1.0 adapters actually work now, but the 3.0 doesn't. Hoping they'll give me a refund for it through aliexpress...

Is your work normally now(no slow loading) after changing adapter?

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

I'm glad I can help. That is why I'm here. To help people ^_^
@dizz00 go with the Smiley Face

Last edited by Byokugen,
Reactions: dizz00

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Update: My new sd2vita has arrived, but seller send me the wrong one i ordered smiley and they send me v3.0 without case. Anyway the problem is fixed, i think it's bad contact between adapter and slot because the new one is thicker and i don't see any damage in older one. I can try to add padding on older one to make it thicker but i won't risk it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu