ROM Hack Secret "Simple Start" Wi-Fi connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pictures of the yellow thing (top left ds) in wifi mode

blipme2.png

SimpleStart.jpg

SImpleStartPaint.jpg

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
lol I have no idea where to look for/what the "Simple Start Wifi" button. Just tried it with Star Fox Command... lol it's kinda creepy with that tooooooooooooo~ sound it makes while looking for the access point/simple start.

EDIT: Kinda wondered what that little symbol that popped up when I finally found the "sweet spot".

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody give a step-by-step process of what we are supposed to do and what happens? I'm sorry, but my ISP doesn't allow access to youtube (although, strangely enough, it does allow Google Video).

Its for the AOSS that the Japanese Version using with the Buffalo Routers

Do you have any link to the source for that? Seems a little complicated/hard to do for a function that they actually use.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
VERY interesting, it works on US-Starfox Command, but it doesn't on JP-Final Fantasy III.

Speaking of the Japanese FF3, anyone know what this option is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Pik...-Menubutton.jpg

It's not in my US/EU-Games. Think it got anything to do with this? It does show a few similiarities with the thing in the US-Versions, as it also has a large time till it sais "failed".

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
VERY interesting, it works on US-Starfox Command, but it doesn't on JP-Final Fantasy III.

Speaking of the Japanese FF3, anyone know what this option is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Pik...-Menubutton.jpg

It's not in my US/EU-Games. Think it got anything to do with this? It does show a few similiarities with the thing in the US-Versions, as it also has a large time till it sais "failed".

RakuRaku Musen Start... hmm it's a system NEC developed in Japan for SIMPLE WIFI CONNECTIONS wtf... I think we just solved this...

EDIT: I think this is the Simple Start Wi-fi thing... you see some of the Wireless Routers Aterm uses the RakuRaku Musen Start system to connect to the DS... and to connect, all you do is PUSH A BUTTON and no more setup needed. I think they just left it in the US versions instead of removing it, since maybe they can use it in future games (so no need to rewrite the code or something, just put it back in the menu.)

EDIT2: Here's a link to show you how it's used --> http://121ware.com/product/atermstation/nintendo/

EDIT3: RakuRaku roughly means easy or simple btw and Musen is Wireless and um Sutaato is Start obviously.

EDIT4: Okay tested it in my FF3. Last edit. I'm convinced it's that it's the Simple Start thing... they just forgot to remove it or another reason in the US versions. (It has the green spinnaz and tells you to push the button.)
biggrin.gif
Thanks Pikachu025, I wouldn't have noticed it.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In case anyone wonders what the stange icon that appears when you click is, it's just the cursor you normally see around the other options, just overlapping over a single pixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1