Sega Megadrive (Genesis) Flashback Mini HD with an USB on internal mother board

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copying from my folder to the nand directory works, but I can't play all the games. The Megadrive doesn't display 4 pages, but at least a few can be played
I recommend converting the console.
Follow the instructions in the PM.
Then all the games in the package I sent will work.

IvyDeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Das Problem ist nach wie vor das ich bei keinem der Installationen bisher den AT Ordner angezeigt bekomme.. egal was ich mache, er ist einfach nicht da, nur immer die telefonähnlichen prdner

SDQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Problem Description: I encountered difficulties flashing the custom firmware on my console.

Tools Used: I tried two different tools to flash the firmware: one that came with the custom firmware, and a newer one. However, only the newer tool worked.

Error Messages:

During the flashing process, an error occurred indicating that the parameters were not present.
The error message "U-boot is missing, stop running" appeared repeatedly.

Disappearance of user.img File: During the flashing process, the user.img file may disappear or not be processed properly. This could indicate issues with the flash tool, file structures, or settings.

Faulty Flash Folder Names: It has been observed that the folder structure for flashing may not be properly named or organized, especially concerning the output folders for different flash tools.
Post automatically merged:

Problem Description: I encountered difficulties flashing the custom firmware on my console.

Tools Used: I tried two different tools to flash the firmware: one that came with the custom firmware, and a newer one. However, only the newer tool worked.

Error Messages:

During the flashing process, an error occurred indicating that the parameters were not present.

Disappearance of user.img File: During the flashing process, the user.img file may disappear or not be processed properly. This could indicate issues with the flash tool, file structures, or settings.

Faulty Flash Folder Names: It has been observed that the folder structure for flashing may not be properly named or organized, especially concerning the output folders for different flash tools.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only know of one publically available custom firmware for the 2017 version of the console and that is Senpai.
Otherwise there are only update and recovery fimrwares here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sega-me...n-usb-on-internal-mother-board.491498/page-44

ATGames official Firmware Update for the Flashback 2017 HD. Dated - 11/15/2017
https://mega.nz/file/DgB0GLSL#ndlyWh5lIPAx9VXwX64fWT6SmCa_Ixro2bRFxvOrZm8

All uploads restored: 10/25/2022
Flashback 2017 HD System Update

This is an official Update to the original system firmware and not a full backup or restore.
Same backup and recovery tool but the process is a little different.

Connect to the console with the tool and then click on the Upgrade Firmware tab.
1. Load the img
2. Upgrade the Flashback 2017 HD firmware.
https://i.postimg.cc/FFYWkDf4/Update4.jpg

Download LINKS Repaired: 10/18/2022

Backup-Recovery tool and system images.

Here is a backup and recovery tool for the console: Genesis_FB_HD_2017_RKDumper_BackupTool.7z
Connect to the console using ADB and read the Instructions.

Put the console into Loader Mode and run the dumper.cmd (Might have to rt.click and RunAs Administrator)
Backup will be stored in the "Output" directory.
The unchecked Loader highlighted in green is not needed.
https://postimg.cc/0K0nLtbP
Example01.jpg

Make sure there are no spaces in the directory paths or the dumper won't run.
This is an example of the output:
https://postimg.cc/Cz1ZnvwH
Example02.jpg

The example above shows a 2GB console: Partition "user" (0x00246000)
The easiest way to determine if you have a 2GB or 4GB console is to back it up first and then read the dumper output.

Download LINKS Repaired: 10/18/2022

Backup-Recovery tool and Stock Firmware:

adb_driver - If ADB is already working then do not install this.

Flashback_HD_2017_BackupTool - Backup the current firmware

Genesis_Flashback_HD_2017_2G_Stock_Firmware - Most Common version in the US.

Genesis_Flashback_HD_2017_4G_Stock_Firmware

MegaDrive_Flashback_HD_2017_4G_Stock_Firmware

Backup of System partition games:
Genesis Flashback HD 2017
Megadrive Flashback HD 2017

Notes:
1. Connect to the console using ADB and read the Instructions.
2. This firmware will convert an OBB console to a Non-OBB console. This makes it easier to add games.
3. The difference between Genesis and Megadrive firmware is the artwork for the games and the console gui.
4. If you've completely lost your firmware, the console wont boot and don't know what GB version console you have then Try the firmware reset button and its OK to use your best guess because it will not damage the console.
Its ok PM me for help.

The backup/recovery tool only works from folders without spaces.
As for those apk updates, those are rubbish.
About the image update, its been ages now but your comment regarding better sound is interesting.
I'm not sure if this is something that has been torn apart yet or not... the cobwebs are thick.

There is a high quality open source firmware replacement by WD_GASTER2 here: Generations Dashboard 4.0

The built in Firmware Reset button.

And Thank you! @astuermer
You've pointed out one of the most over looked features of the 2017 ATGames Sega Genesis console.

The built-in firmware reset button.
Press and hold to reset the firmware or put the system into Loader mode.

Its hard to brick the rock.

322345g.png

SDQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Error Messages:

Post automatically merged:

Error Messages:

"I actually meant the CFW by: WD_GASTER2, which was linked on page 43, but has since been removed."
"Maybe I should have placed this post somewhere else?"
"I'm pretty sure that there was a CFW linked for download on page 43. However, this link no longer works because the content is no longer available. I had already downloaded this zip file with the MOD content and the text files also indicate that it is a CFW. I could be mistaken though. Anyway, I'm now trying this one from Senpai. By the way, I couldn't install the first CFW properly, but at least I was able to restore the backup..."

Last edited by SDQ,

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are in the right place if you want to recover your system to the default AtGames firmware.
Download a US or EU recovery package of your choice, swtich to Loader mode and download the firmware to the machine.

If you need the old Senpai image I have that as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +2
    Ken secret tactic to expose them, "I was told you where a really bad person, now I'm not so sure." Watch who they tear into, that's the person who is doing that crap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say this person said this about you and let it play out
    Fight lies with truth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't want me to snitch don't treat me any different
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, new version of rock paper scissors: truth lies
    hipocrisy
    +1
    My ex fiance was a master liar, manipulator and hypocrite. An actual diagnosed psychopath.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ex fiance was a master liar, manipulator and hypocrite. An actual diagnosed psychopath.