Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to ask , is there away to swap out plaza background pic with a custom one? if not , its fine , thankgod its permanent!! big thanks again
The background (sky) picture is just a very tiny square that all you can do is fill with a color, maybe a very small pixel design that would I assume be stretched out and look terrible (or maybe repeat endlessly and also look bad). The background (floor) of the wara wara Plaza is a decently sized image that you could alter as you like, but it's structure in the home menu is tesselated in an odd way that kinda circles out? Hard to explain, but the point is, it's hard to design for, as it's a bit hard to picture how the design will be repeated along the floor. Still it might be worth exploring possible designs than can work here beyond just the recolors of the original design that I've been doing.

Reactions: litlnicky

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The background (sky) picture is just a very tiny square that all you can do is fill with a color, maybe a very small pixel design that would I assume be stretched out and look terrible (or maybe repeat endlessly and also look bad). The background (floor) of the wara wara Plaza is a decently sized image that you could alter as you like, but it's structure in the home menu is tesselated in an odd way that kinda circles out? Hard to explain, but the point is, it's hard to design for, as it's a bit hard to picture how the design will be repeated along the floor. Still it might be worth exploring possible designs than can work here beyond just the recolors of the original design that I've been doing.
hi, big thankyou for the reply , i totally understand what you mean , ill just stick to your theme , looks fantastic as is!!! thankyou

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz

Nice work! I know I'm a bit late to the party but these themes are sick. I'm gonna play around with these when i get a chance using SDcaffiine. Maybe eventually set a permanent one (im on CBHC so should be mostly safe)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz

Nice work! I know I'm a bit late to the party but these themes are sick. I'm gonna play around with these when i get a chance using SDcaffiine. Maybe eventually set a permanent one (im on CBHC so should be mostly safe)
use ftp server by @Laf111 over ftpii u everywhere. also, compare the file sizes once the transfer is complete to make sure they've completely transferred.

Reactions: Kopimist

Chadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im stuck guys using laffs ftp server and the blue theme i have transferred these files i don't know how many times and always get stuck on the white Wii u menu screen. Tried putting my backup back in and same thing. Tried the Rosalina to get it to write the originals back. Im wondering i had menu sorter on there to sort my icons could that be causing a problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im stuck guys using laffs ftp server and the blue theme i have transferred these files i don't know how many times and always get stuck on the white Wii u menu screen. Tried putting my backup back in and same thing. Tried the Rosalina to get it to write the originals back. Im wondering i had menu sorter on there to sort my icons could that be causing a problem?
is the byte size identical? no idea if menu sorter could be causing a problem as I wasn't using that when I tested about four themes. I'm still using the dark blue menu theme, since like August or September, never had an issue, and I play my wii u daily.

Chadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the byte size identical? no idea if menu sorter could be causing a problem as I wasn't using that when I tested about four themes. I'm still using the dark blue menu theme, since like August or September, never had an issue, and I play my wii u daily.
Its showing as the same size. Tried scp and filezilla.

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I got another issue here. Trying every possible method to change my menu back to the standard white with a backup. Every method leaves me with the same current theme I have installed. I've used FTP and the rosalina installer and my wii u menu is still using my custom theme and not the original. The most common issue I can see is the system files aren't actually being changed when I overwrite the men/men2 files.

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I got another issue here. Trying every possible method to change my menu back to the standard white with a backup. Every method leaves me with the same current theme I have installed. I've used FTP and the rosalina installer and my wii u menu is still using my custom theme and not the original. The most common issue I can see is the system files aren't actually being changed when I overwrite the men/men2 files.
welp, solved my own issue again. Through some BS with formatting my usb drive and not rebooting after installing the theme with rosalina. Leaving my message up so someone can hopefully see this who has the same issue as me.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a small update to show I've updated my main Vaporwave theme. Something I had meaning to do for awhile but kept forgetting. Here are pics of the top and bottom, you can download it in the first post.

Mario Kart 8 Ultimate Modpack Suite Screenshot 2021-12-31 14-59-21.png

Mario Kart 8 Ultimate Modpack Suite Screenshot 2021-12-31 14-59-28.png

As you can see the changes I made were just to the USB Icon and the Swap displays icon. Making them more in line with the Vaporwave theme I think, not pictured is how the switch screen has a properly colored pink arch to fit the theme. Perhaps I'll do another theme soon. I had gotten this all to the point where it would be real easy to adapt most theme combo colors you could imagine, yet I was so burnt out at that point that I did the Watermelon theme, black on pink, blue on white, and red on white themes and then called it a day, despite those themes being incredibly quick to put together at this point.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how I didn't think to do this sooner, but your home menu works exactly the same way with SDCafiine as any other title launched with it enabled. Meaning, if you make separate folders for each theme, you essentially can give yourself a theme selection menu when you launch SDCafiine, couple that with quick launching SDCafiine at boot (either through CBHC holding a button to load the app or now in Tiramisu, if you create a channel for SDCafiine and then use it enough to appear in the working again autoboot screen on the GamePad on launch) and you can kinda get yourself a way to choose your theme whenever you boot if you desire.

Mario Kart 8 Ultimate Modpack Suite Screenshot 2022-01-01 12-00-31.png
Mario Kart 8 Ultimate Modpack Suite Screenshot 2022-01-01 12-00-37.png

Only drawback (if you can even call it that) is that any time you enter a game and then exit to the Wii U menu, this screen will pop up again, so you can change your theme numerous times in a single play session so long as you're in the SDCafiine environment with multiple 'modpacks' to choose from.

I imagine I'm not the first to start doing this with multiple themes, but I wanted to share the idea regardless, as it genuinely never passed my mind as a possibility despite having multiple SDcafiine modpacks for other titles.

What I'd really love to do is collect a whole bunch of different custom Wara Wara Plazas and each one in different theme modpacks to really give each theme more of it's own unique identity.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: meeeow and Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mind absolutely blown!!!! Its so obvious now....would've come in real handy for testing but still another great option thay was staring us right in the face!

Well done again man!

Endris27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW CAN I MAKE ONE?!
I have a rough spreadsheet I've been working from that makes it clear to me what I need to do, though it's not the most thoroughly explained at this point.
What software do you use to edit the .pack files? Also do you think there is a way to get animated textures? I want to have some make some kind of animated border around the Wii u games.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What software do you use to edit the .pack files? Also do you think there is a way to get animated textures? I want to have some make some kind of animated border around the Wii u games.
Switch Toolbox. I'd be shocked if animated textures were achievable. Maybe someone with a little more know how could make it possible, but I'm fairly certain it straight up can't be done.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Switch Toolbox. I'd be shocked if animated textures were achievable. Maybe someone with a little more know how could make it possible, but I'm fairly certain it straight up can't be done.
Hello friend, I need your help, recently my cousin and I started to edit themes on Wii U, but he made a mistake, he deleted the men pack folder that is in the location of the themes, I read that you have a complete backup of the mlc files of the Wii U, could you pass me that folder? I would be really grateful to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION