Hacking Share your custom Atmosphere (fusee-secondary) bootlogos.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The atmosphere page tells you which command you need. But to make it a lot easier, use the hekate payload. Otherwise, tell me which logo you want, and I inject it for you.
Do you have to follow the directions in building.md?

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The atmosphere page tells you which command you need. But to make it a lot easier, use the hekate payload. Otherwise, tell me which logo you want, and I inject it for you.
I'm also confused by how the Hekate Payload would affect this, or make it easier.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Where does it say how to use it on the AMS page, I tried looking for instructions, and couldn't find them. I saw the script in the Utilities folder. I'd to learn things, instead of relying on other people to do things for me.....but, anyways, here's the pic. I appreciate the help.
I used the package3 from the latest atmosphère release (which is 1.2.6). If not already done, update to this version and put this package3 into the atmosphere folder. I dunno if you can use a newer package3 for older releases or older package3 for newer releases ;)

Attachments

• package3.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 92

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate doesn't need an inject. You just put a bootlogo.bmp into the /bootloader folder and that's it.
I don't know what it is, but I could never get bootlogo.bmp in the bootloader folder to work. Does it not require the modification of hekate_ipl.ini file anymore?

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the package3 from the latest atmosphère release (which is 1.2.6). If not already done, update to this version and put this package3 into the atmosphere folder. I dunno if you can use a newer package3 for older releases or older package3 for newer releases ;)
Thanks, I'm on the most current AMS, I'll give it a shot when I get home.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/utilities/insert_splash_screen.py

Adding a Custom Boot Splashscreen
Atmosphère provides its own default splashscreen which is displayed at boot time. However, this can be replaced at will.

Boot splash screens must be 1280x720 resolution.

A script can be found inside the source tree (/utilities/insert_splash_screen.py) for inserting a custom splash screen into a release binary.

To do so, execute the following command on the script: python insert_splash_screen.py <path to your splash screen image> <path to /atmosphere/package3 on your SD card>

I read it on the release notes...

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you are right package3 is a very important file of Atmosphère so must match Atmosphère release, all files must be consistent.

That's why you need to inject the bootlogo on each release of Atmosphère, if you use Hekate the bootlogo is easy of customize.

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/utilities/insert_splash_screen.py

Atmosphère provides its own default splashscreen which is displayed at boot time. However, this can be replaced at will.

A script can be found inside the source tree (/utilities/insert_splash_screen.py) for inserting a custom splash screen into a release binary.

To do so, execute the following command on the script: python insert_splash_screen.py <path to your splash screen image> <path to /atmosphere/package3 on your SD card>

remember could take a while, on new version the time is reduced but even could be 1 minute.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Thanks, dude!

Reactions: binkinator

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

after MULTIPLE trial and errors...i finally figured out how to get the scrpt to work! I was using the python command at the beginning and kept getting an error, it wasn't recognizing the PIL module. I then used the Python3 command and boom! i'm so excited! now, my question to you guys is, how do you make the AMS splash screen stay on just a little longer?

Last edited by Hernie,
Reactions: ciaomao

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
after MULTIPLE trial and errors...i finally figured out how to get the scrpt to work! I was using the python command at the beginning and kept getting an error, it wasn't recognizing the PIL module. I then used the Python3 command and boom! i'm so excited! now, my question to you guys is, how do you make the AMS splash screen stay on just a little longer?
I don't think you can I think the reason they removed BMP support from atmos was for faster loading.
The other way would be to save the image as BMP and use Hekate to point to it keep patched package 3 and it would splash twice.

You would need to edit Hekate_ipl.ini and add
Code:
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
and place bootlogo.bmp in the bootloader folder.

Just I believe the BMP would need to be rotated 90⁰ CCW

Reactions: impeeza

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can I think the reason they removed BMP support from atmos was for faster loading.
The other way would be to save the image as BMP and use Hekate to point to it keep patched package 3 and it would splash twice.

You would need to edit Hekate_ipl.ini and add
Code:
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
and place bootlogo.bmp in the bootloader folder.

Just I believe the BMP would need to be rotated 90⁰ CCW
Thats a good idea. I did add a different .bmp in the bootloader, but might be a good idea to try using the same image. BTW, I don't think you need to edit the hekate_ipl.ini. Hekate automatically looks in the bootloader folder before trying to load it's default image. If you edit the hekate_ipl.bmp it tries to look to where ever you specified first. If it doesn't find it or it's in the wrong format, it automatically looks into the bootloader folder, then if it doesn't find that, it goes to it's default image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-180442_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-180442_Chrome.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: SodaSoba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work