Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster releases this May, confirmed for PC

D9F204FA-E60B-40CC-B1E0-920281DFD9FF.jpeg

Atlus has quietly confirmed a solid release date for the upcoming remaster of Shin Megami Tensei III for the Nintendo Switch. According to the weekly pre-order press release page for the European eShop, the game is locked in for launch on May 25th. While the western release was originally touted for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, another piece of news hints that the game might be landing on an additional platform. Both the North American and European classification boards, the ESRB and PEGI respectively, have rated Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster for release on Windows PC. For the most part, these ratings board leaks tend to be spot on, and it would follow Atlus’s and SEGA’s recent trend of bringing more games to PC as promised.

:arrow: Source

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eventually. In about 16 years, give or take.
Another Persona game is probably going to come to PC this Summer or next year. Probably either P3 or P5R. Well, that's if Cov19 didn't fuck over Atlus too much.

Persona 3 FES HD with portable features
I don't have high hopes for that one, it's probably going to be either one or the other. Merging them would be too much effort, lol.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another Persona game is probably going to come to PC this Summer or next year. Probably either P3 or P5R. Well, that's if Cov19 didn't fuck over Atlus too much.
Hopefully you mean Northern Hemisphere summer, because that's not too far away. That'd be amazing, if it was a slightly-edited version of P3FES (one with manual party control). Though even if it's just the original P3FES, modding manual party control shouldn't be hard; I've already seen a mod for it on Amicitia, for the PS2 game.

Or heck, why not a proper English release of Persona 1 and both Persona 2s (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment). I believe some of them got rereleases on the PSP or PSV - completely new ports, not based on the original English releases, so a lot of stupid censorship decisions weren't kept - but I'm not 100% certain about which ones.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you mean Northern Hemisphere summer, because that's not too far away. That'd be amazing, if it was a slightly-edited version of P3FES (one with manual party control). Though even if it's just the original P3FES, modding manual party control shouldn't be hard; I've already seen a mod for it on Amicitia, for the PS2 game.

Or heck, why not a proper English release of Persona 1 and both Persona 2s (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment). I believe some of them got rereleases on the PSP or PSV - completely new ports, not based on the original English releases, so a lot of stupid censorship decisions weren't kept - but I'm not 100% certain about which ones.
Yup, western hemisphere. I base it on P4G's release period, because last year P4G was released on PC in June. :P I doubt it'll release in June though, as they wouldn't want to overshadow their own game.

As for the party controls, I just don't have a lot of faith in companies doing any work beyond just porting the game, making sure it works and looks half way decent. P4G was released with quite a few bugs on PC. But hey, I could be wrong.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yup, western hemisphere. I base it on P4G's release period, because last year P4G was released on PC in June. :P I doubt it'll release in June though, as they wouldn't want to overshadow their own game.

As for the party controls, I just don't have a lot of faith in companies doing any work beyond just porting the game, making sure it works and looks half way decent. P4G was released with quite a few bugs on PC. But hey, I could be wrong.
Well, as has already been mentioned, ATLUS did make Custom difficulty in P4G possible in a regular New Game, instead of keeping it as a NG+ feature.
So small changes like that? Possible.
And they also did patch the game a few months later, to get rid of some of those bugs.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully this will eventually result in P5R being ported too.

For PC? Maybe. Switch? Unlikely.
The PC port of P4G has been the only mainline Persona title to see a release on anything other than Sony hardware, but Nocturne coming to a Nintendo system is far more obvious considering that the last few mainline SMT games have been Nintendo exclusives.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks like the game is in denuvo! Sorry pirates.
Denuvo= Drm Free in two months+discount price.

Every game with denuvo get cracked and the shit retired with a huge discount.

I dont mind wait to get the game without denuvo, i have plenty of games to play of my Steam PC library.

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the game is in denuvo! Sorry pirates.
There is a chance, however slim, that the early release for the deluxe edition is DRM-free by mistake. And even if not, if there's enough interest a certain empress will crack it anyway. Atlus probably shot themselves in the foot with this price point, unless it's discounted fairly quickly.

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a chance, however slim, that the early release for the deluxe edition is DRM-free by mistake. And even if not, if there's enough interest a certain empress will crack it anyway. Atlus probably shot themselves in the foot with this price point, unless it's discounted fairly quickly.
I was just thinking that there may be a price decrease. Perhaps when the holidays come there will be a 40% off or some such. I do hope so as ill wait for a price dop to buy it.

Last edited by CrossOut,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?