Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It's available in the latest nightly build on GitHub actions, it doesn't run really great though and requires more optimizations.
To enable it add g60FPS = 1 to the cvars.cfg.
is that code correct? compared to other lines, shouldnt it be
set g60FPS 1
??

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game runs perfect for me, however @ploggy 's forwarder freezes in a light blue screen:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ship-of-harkinian-ocarina-of-time-wii-u-port.612074/post-9823376

I have verified the filepath, it is ok
SD:/wiiu/apps/soh/oot.otr
SD:/wiiu/apps/soh/soh.rpx
only thing different is the cvars.cfg file is also added on the soh folder

I have tiramisu. Is anyone else having that issue with the forwarder?

Also, can someone post a quick tutorial on how to remap the buttons on the gamepad? I would like to change A&B Buttons for B&Y (as original alignement on N64 controller) I read the main post from gary but i did not understand. is it possible?

Still hoping to see some PadCon feature soon *cross fingers*
Yeah, I experienced a light blue screen when using the forwarder and then i fades out and gets stuck at a black screen. Though, even when I go to the homebrew channel and click on the soh file from there I still get a black screen. I guess I should make a cvars.cfg file to map out controls, so could someone help how to make one?

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Has there been 30fps released for the other ports? I played on WiiU VC with 20fps and then finished it with 3DS remake. 30fps was much better experience for me.

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been 30fps released for the other ports? I played on WiiU VC with 20fps and then finished it with 3DS remake. 30fps was much better experience for me.
30 FPS is the default, this runs independently of the emulator. Slowdown is to be expected until this can be developed a little more intimately.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
30 FPS is the default, this runs independently of the emulator. Slowdown is to be expected until this can be developed a little more intimately.
Is that so? If I remember correctly, in march weren't there posts about Ship of Harkinian still running at 20fps internally? correct me if I am wrong.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried to use the same oot.otr file in the pc version and it worked normally so that's not the problem, maybe it could be the shipofharkinian.ini that is generated automatically but without any configuration parameter inside, I tried to use the same as the pc version but still no results
You cannot use the OTR file of the PC version. You'll need to use the big endian version linked in the OP.

is that code correct? compared to other lines, shouldnt it be
set g60FPS 1
??
The latest builds changed the cvars from set X y to X = y.

And that would be the latest soh file? Well, I did that but I'm still stuck at a black screen.
Have you tried regenerating the OTR file? Can you download the contents of the storage_slc/logs folder using ftpiiu everywhere, zip it, and PM it to me?

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried regenerating the OTR file? Can you download the contents of the storage_slc/logs folder using ftpiiu everywhere, zip it, and PM it to me?
I have been regenertaing it, and I only have that and the soh file in the wiiu/apps/soh folder and that is it. Since it still doesn't work, I downloaded ftpiiu and put it into my sd card (wiiu/apps/ftpiiu folder), connected my wii u to the internet and downloaded filezilla, and then started the ftpiiu on the homebrew channel and gotten the address 0.0.0.0:21, tried to put that into filezilla, and there wasn't a connection at all. Not only that, my wii u is wanting me to update it (which I do not want as I wanted it offline for my homebrew), so is there an alternative way where I can do this without the internet?

Last edited by T00nist8,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game runs perfect for me, however @ploggy 's forwarder freezes in a light blue screen:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ship-of-harkinian-ocarina-of-time-wii-u-port.612074/post-9823376

I have verified the filepath, it is ok
SD:/wiiu/apps/soh/oot.otr
SD:/wiiu/apps/soh/soh.rpx
only thing different is the cvars.cfg file is also added on the soh folder

I have tiramisu. Is anyone else having that issue with the forwarder?

Also, can someone post a quick tutorial on how to remap the buttons on the gamepad? I would like to change A&B Buttons for B&Y (as original alignement on N64 controller) I read the main post from gary but i did not understand. is it possible?

Still hoping to see some PadCon feature soon *cross fingers*
Hmm , I dont know why it doesnt work for some but works for me and others?
Your on Tirimisu? try removing/renaming the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file from "sd:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup\50_hbl_installer.rpx" and see if that gets the channel booting correctly?
I remember that file causing issues with some channels.

Reactions: cvskid and Lostbhoy

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm , I dont know why it doesnt work for some but works for me and others?
Your on Tirimisu? try removing/renaming the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file from "sd:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup\50_hbl_installer.rpx" and see if that gets the channel booting correctly?
I remember that file causing issues with some channels.
It might be a good idea to pack the .rpx into the channel. Probably more annoying to update but might work better.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forwarder works perfect for me. (I'm cbhc tho) I do get the blue screen after the image but it doesn't freeze at all. Currently just finished dodongos cavern without any issues.

Maybe one little issue I'm not sure about lol
I completed the cuckoo quest in kakariko village, I have the bottle reward but she still wants me to find her cuckoos! Shouldn't this be marked as complete? Ie she shouldn't be asking again!

Reactions: ArgoRV

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forwarder works perfect for me. (I'm cbhc tho) I do get the blue screen after the image but it doesn't freeze at all. Currently just finished dodongos cavern without any issues.

I completed the cuckoo quest in kakariko village, I have the bottle reward but she still wants me to find her cuckoos! Shouldn't this be marked as complete? Ie she shouldn't be asking again!
That is normal with the cuckoos. You get like 20 or 50 rupees if you do it again. It even does that in the original game.

Reactions: Lostbhoy and ArgoRV

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The blue screen flash is normal it happens with all the forwarders made,
i think its the rpx from the chan reloading to the rpx on sd

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is normal with the cuckoos. You get like 20 or 50 rupees if you do it again. It even does that in the original game.
Ah.... Thanks man! Wasn't sure if it was a recurring quest.... Been so long since I played through this game!

@ploggy... Absolutely not a problem regarding the blue screen except I'm a Celtic fan, can you make it green?? :ha::rofl2:

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yep, that fixed the issue. i'll be doomed to run it through HBL then. Thank you
To enable it add g60FPS = 1 to the cvars.cfg.
Looks amazing on 60FPS. but you are right, video gets choppy sometimes, thank you

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah.... Thanks man! Wasn't sure if it was a recurring quest.... Been so long since I played through this game!

@ploggy... Absolutely not a problem regarding the blue screen except I'm a Celtic fan, can you make it green?? :ha::rofl2:
yeah, that happened in the nso version when I played it (at ganon), and I did it again to see what would happen, and it was rupees. ;)

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1