Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've started using faqs, but only after beating the game. I cannot beat ganon, mostly due to you losing your sword in the second fight. as a result, I had to use the hookshot, which didn't bode so well. too slow for the most part attacking his tail.
It's been a while since the last time I beat Ocarina of Time and I'm technically stuck because of what I explained above. If I remember correctly, what I do is not use Z-targetting, go under his legs, reset the camera and hit the tail with the Megaton Hammer, which is also effective against Dark Link (if that helps someone else).

Reactions: godreborn

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay in getting this done, but Part 2 of our tutorial showing off the menu options is now up and ready to view. Let us know if we missed anything, we tried to cover each option, at least with what we have tried out in our own playthrough.

Last edited by BrothersFiveGaming,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since the last time I beat Ocarina of Time and I'm technically stuck because of what I explained above. If I remember correctly, what I do is not use Z-targetting, go under his legs, reset the camera and hit the tail with the Megaton Hammer, which is also effective against Dark Link (if that helps someone else).
dark link was ridiculous, I just spammed the attack button, which seemed to be random whether I got hit or he did.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We also updated our first video to reflect the more streamlined way to build the files. Hoping this is all helpful to everybody.

iirc, both the wiiu version and linux versions build the oot.otr as you're building the executable, so you don't have to use the gui. the others may do the same, think I may have only built the windows and switch versions aside from those two. I don't remember if they're the same, but probably.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dark link was ridiculous, I just spammed the attack button, which seemed to be random whether I got hit or he did.
We really struggled with this fight the first go around (it made us quite sad! Since we didn't remember struggling in our youth.) :nayps3: But what we discovered was that you aren't supposed to Z Target him, and then he becomes much easier to hit with the Megaton Hammer. We also tried spamming Din's Fire but ran out of magic and he was still alive. If you are packing some magic potion, that strategy could work as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We really struggled with this fight the first go around (it made us quite sad! Since we didn't remember struggling in our youth.) :nayps3: But what we discovered was that you aren't supposed to Z Target him, and then he becomes much easier to hit with the Megaton Hammer. We also tried spamming Din's Fire but ran out of magic and he was still alive. If you are packing some magic potion, that strategy could work as well.
I don't remember struggling this much on ganon. it's frustrating as hell. those older games are hard for me. I used to be really good at dkc for example, now I die a lot. I'm good at newer games, even if they're hard, which is weird.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, both the wiiu version and linux versions build the oot.otr as you're building the executable, so you don't have to use the gui. the others may do the same, think I may have only built the windows and switch versions aside from those two. I don't remember if they're the same, but probably.
Ah we actually didn't even need to rebuild the OTR file, as we've been using the same one for awhile. Only did it for a visual representation of how to do it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah we actually didn't even need to rebuild the OTR file, as we've been using the same one for awhile. Only did it for a visual representation of how to do it.
I just let it build the oot.otr during the process. I tried to build some project, it may have been one of the oots, without the oot.otr, since I guess the main executable doesn't contain any asset code, but it didn't work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of the sonic manias will build without the assets. mario 64 won't, since the assets are baked into the main executable. I won't share those for that very reason, though I wish I could share the ps4 port.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I beat this port 100%. I had to use the moon jump cheat once because of the glitch I posted above. This version is a wonderful thing to have on Wii U. Once the Majora's Mask PC port is made, I hope that it's brought to Wii U as well 😊.

SandyBingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The free camera is a great improvement. Unfortunately I can't seem to invert the camera. Using controller config menu, remapping horizontal axis on the right joystick works fine, but vertical doesn't. As an experiment I even tried mapping L/R to up/down and vice versa. L/R went up/down, and up/down still went up/down. I think the camera does need some restrictions, as it's pretty useless down by Link's feet or in the water. Would also love to see an optional zoom-out for this claustrophobic game.

One unavoidable drawback of the free camera is mapping the c-buttons to the d-pad. Not only is the HUD "incorrect" but you can't take advantage of the inclusion of all the new d-button options in the config. Guess them's the ropes. I look forward to enjoying the rest of my playthrough and any future updates.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One unavoidable drawback of the free camera is mapping the c-buttons to the d-pad. Not only is the HUD "incorrect" but you can't take advantage of the inclusion of all the new d-button options in the config. Guess them's the ropes. I look forward to enjoying the rest of my playthrough and any future updates.
You can enable dpad equips and "Play with D-pad" / "Play with Camera Stick" under the Ocarina Controls menu.

SandyBingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can enable dpad equips and "Play with D-pad" / "Play with Camera Stick" under the Ocarina Controls menu.
Does this work even with the controls bound differently? (i.e. if the game thinks the d-pad is c-buttons, what buttons actually control the d-pad?) I'll have to experiment with this tomorrow, and once further progressed I will post more observations.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work even with the controls bound differently? (i.e. if the game thinks the d-pad is c-buttons, what buttons actually control the d-pad?) I'll have to experiment with this tomorrow, and once further progressed I will post more observations.
The only incompatible D-pad setting we've noticed is if you want to allow the D-pad for item equips, you can't use the D-pad to navigate the pause menu, because pushing the D-pad button equips the item to that button instead of moving the menu cursor, so you want the pause menu navigation option turned off. So outside of the pause menu if you have equips turned on, those D-pad buttons would work like additional C-buttons and not like the D-pad. Don't believe there are really any (useful) functions the D-pad buttons were originally used for in the game, anyway.

SandyBingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only incompatible D-pad setting we've noticed is if you want to allow the D-pad for item equips, you can't use the D-pad to navigate the pause menu, because pushing the D-pad button equips the item to that button instead of moving the menu cursor, so you want the pause menu navigation option turned off. So outside of the pause menu if you have equips turned on, those D-pad buttons would work like additional C-buttons and not like the D-pad.
Isn't that only with the camera in standard mode, not the experimental free camera? The d-pad gets eliminated for the c-buttons & camera stick, don't they?

ZiRoN321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Has anyone tried the Switch N64 controller via bloopair? Does everything work, including the C buttons? Because I read somewhere that it "emulates" as a Pro Controller. Does rumble work as well??

I am one of those few who really liked the original N64 controller, and I think this would be the best way to play it so far.

EDIT: I got the controller and it plays BEAUTIFULLY :wub:

Last edited by ZiRoN321,

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that only with the camera in standard mode, not the experimental free camera? The d-pad gets eliminated for the c-buttons & camera stick, don't they?
That is with the free camera turned on. We use the right analog stick for the free camera, and set the left, down, and right C buttons to two of the face buttons and ZR. Then use the D-pad for additional items as well. We set the option for answering Navi to L on, and don't use the C up button at all, if you turn on the setting to use the D-pad for Ocarina controls (this does not conflict with the D pad for equipping items) you don't ever really need it for anything. You are free to use whatever buttons you want of course, but this feels the closest to natural we've found so far. It's nice setting an item like the bow or slingshot to ZR, to mirror Breath of The Wild.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong