Shooting takes place at Florida gaming tournament

IMG_0680.JPG

Today, a Madden NFL 19 gaming tournament took place in Jacksonville Florda. Sadly, it appears a shooting occurred at the event, leading to four currently confirmed deaths. One of the competitors, Drini Gjoka claimed that they fled the area, and was grazed by a bullet while the shooter was active. Jacksonville's Police Department have stated that a shooting did happen, but have not explained any further details at this time, while also telling citizens to stay away from The Landing, where the tragedy took place. The tournament was a qualifier event, which was officially backed by EA Sports. At the time of writing, there are a total of 11 victims. A potential suspect was found dead at the scene.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

:arrow: Source 2: Twitter

:arrow: Source 3: Local News Outlet

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh this sickens me hearing about this saddens me. I give my condolences to the victims and all effected by this horrific event. No longer are people afraid of jail there is no fear in which people only weigh the consequences only on getting locked up.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad news, it seems the US is no longer a safe place. I wonder what's wrong with their society that the mass shootings are more and more common every day.

No, the World and most definitely the U.S. is not a safe place anymore, we live in sad times and morons that have to act like monsters for no apparent reasons. It really doesn’t help that we have the biggest most incompetent, ignorant, racist president that was ever elected, things are going to get a lot worse than better!

Last edited by elm,
D

Deleted User

I watched the video... stomach turning stuff. Fucking ruined my buzz. Hopefully it was just the one shooter and that they're dead.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a conversation that's always had with no positive outcome. Whether it's "for" or "against", nothing happens.
I don't follow the news about it to close, but the last thing they showed here on the news about that "guns/gun control in US"-topic was a massive gathering of people for more gun control. It was organized by the survivors of the Parkland shooting at the beginning of the year. I think it was called "March for our Lives" or such and even had demonstrations outside of the US. Did they really changed nothing at all?

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The U.S. stopped being a "first-world" country years ago. Just look at all the signs: mass surveillance, mass incarceration, income inequality, piss poor healthcare, horrible education system, fascism rearing it's ugly head and a "President" that wants desperately to be a dictator.

I personally blame Bush. He's the one that gave the U.S. most of that. For the Trump part, I think he's more of an idiot than anything. I don't jump the gun on calling people fascist until I see concrete evidence. From what I've seen, everyone still has the same social and economic rights they had under Obama, so obviously fascism isn't as big of a thing as people keep on claiming. And honestly, the current social/political climate is just causing more issues - people calling each other fascists when 80% of them don't really even know what a fascist is really goes to show how stupid citizens of the western world are making themselves out to be.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
first there's this problem, that as long as people keep sayin' there's evil, there will be shootouts.
it's not there!
it's a state of mind.
if you'll keep sayin' such bullshit you'll make demons around you, you're ignorant to a world around you.

there's multiple kinds of people for doing shootouts.
  • teens who got dumped or turned down, doesn't need any better explenation.
  • people who don't get enough sleep for a long period of time (so that barking dog in the appartment might actual being responsible).
  • people on meds that boost energy for extended time.
  • people who're forced in a lifestily like religious or sexual they can't cope (yes this applies to all religion).
  • someone who loses someone who's dear to him or her.
  • people who're unable to cope when seen or experienced violent acts.
  • people without reason to life for, you might think it will heal in time, but sad as it is, even with meds and help some will just not find a way out... there's two ways it could go depending on reason of depression: suicide or killing the rest.
  • a cult itself (a religous group that sepperates themselves completely) could lead to such things.
  • never being able to be good enough for one of your parents could be enough for a shootout.
  • wrong diagnosed psychic condition setting a person on wrong meds.
  • a tumor in the brain.
most of these people ar between 12 and 30 years old.
note that each time there's violence used there's a chance that there's a new monster created.
each time you'll give a gun or so to a non adult (or not fully grown in mind) this might mean you'll given the tools for the next shootout.
and no, there's no telling of a state of mind, nor is it possible to always give the treatment to a person in needs.
shootouts will be there, no matter what you do...

but please stop talkin' religious based crap about a situation you don't understand.
just keep it the way it is: you just can't see yourself in such a situation.

most killers didn't see themselves ever come in such a situation, it's just that they lost control.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mental healthcare is absolutely pisspoor and you can walk in and get guns with practical no check
Yup, no check. Well except for the federal background check that is required. I'm guessing you've never bought a gun.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anybody tell me any pros of the Government allowing guns?
The original point of the government allowing guns was not for any benefit of the government. It was so the people would be able to keep the government in check from turning into the monarchy we had just broken away from. Sadly the people would be no match for the government these days.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit I think it’s the tap water I mean We bury the dead the body’s flow into the tap water. It’s been proven that Cannibalism causes people to slowly go insane basically as more people are born more of this is a risk not to mention we try to control kids that are keep in mind kids being kids with medication Such as Ritalin which is been proved to cause psychotic tendencies

Last edited by Zonark,

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are these shootings becoming more and more common each day? It's like there is some big secret organization setting up these shootings.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to work at a video game store (the popular one) and we had a big fraud problem. Ppl used stolen credit card and used a technique to be able to slide the card instead of inserting it. That way they didn't need to know the nip of the stolen card to buy stuff. We were loosing thousands of dollars because of that .... I did really basic trouble shooting that looked like this:
-I can't prevent malicous ppl to get in our store.
-I can't know if a card is stolen or not
-I can't prevent other employees to fall for this trap
How can I stop this at the source to minimize the fraud problem as much as possible even when I'm not there?
I taped the slot were you slide the card on our machines. We usually only need to slide cards when we do a credit card refund so we only had to remove the tape when we had credit card fefund. After that, 0 credit card fraud.

So how can we minimize the mass shooting as much as possible by going as close as possible to the source? ;)
It Doesn't take a genius.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting how so many people suddenly become gun and gun safety experts right after these things happen.

My narcissism aside, it's tragic to hear some people lost their lives and were injured over such a trivial gathering.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's time to blame the elephant in the room and do something about it. The common element in the overwhelming majority if not all of these ocurrences. The thing that NEEDS to be banned. Psychotropic drugs.

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So how can we minimize the mass shooting as much as possible by going as close as possible to the source? ;)
It Doesn't take a genius.
The source is???
If you think the source are the firearms, that's not the source.
In Canada you can get weapons, want AR15? you can get one for little money. Check marstar.ca
Yet you don't have that many shootouts in Canada do you?
In switzerland you can get weapons too, in fact in most of the countries of Europe you can get firearms. Yet there are not many shootouts.

I guess the problems is somwhere else, i don't know where, but not in the guns. Maybe the health care?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE