Should I Buy A iPhone 4 for Tinkering Purposes?

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I was thinking of buying an iPhone 4 to (maybe) play around with exploits. It's the cheapest and most recent iPhone I could think of that has an unpatchable bootrom exploit. I don't intend to use it as a daily driver at all since I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

In the best case, I want to mess around with limera1n (since the source is online) and see what I can make the iPhone 4 do, but if I never follow through with my original plans, would the iPhone 4 be an okay device to casually use as a secondary device? 50 bucks for a 32gb iPhone is not a lot of money, but I don't want a device that is too old to browse the web.

Do you think it is a good idea for me to buy an iPhone 4?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude if you want a 4S i have one at my parents (ex fiance gave it to me I don't feel its worth returning to her iirc already jailbroken via Haiku just post relivant stuff i think you get access to trading forum at 500 post unless it changed then set up a thread we cand discuss more on here only in trading

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude if you want a 4S i have one at my parents (ex fiance gave it to me I don't feel its worth returning to her iirc already jailbroken via Haiku just post relivant stuff i think you get access to trading forum at 500 post unless it changed then set up a thread we cand discuss more on here only in trading

You get access at 100 posts I believe. So he should be able to make a listing now.

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks, but I want an iPhone with a bootrom exploit. As far as I am aware, the 4S doesn't have a bootrom exploit. Plus my dad has a 4S anyway (if I ask him kindly, he will probably give it to me).

The whole point of me wanting to get the iPhone 4 is to understand how bootrom exploits work. I am curious about how exploits like limera1n work and how I could modify the exploit to make it do whatever I want it to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh