Gaming Should I get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Bayonetta 2?

Which of the two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mazamin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would like to buy one of these two games for my switch, but I'm undecided. Well, I know it's subjective, and I'm ok with it, just choose your favourite, and if you want then please explain your choice.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to buy one of these two games for my switch, but I'm undecided. Well, I know it's subjective, and I'm ok with it, just choose your favourite, and if you want then please explain your choice.
xenoblade since its exclusive to switch

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you maybe be more specific what you want?

If you want a action based hack and slash brawler with lots of challenge, bayonetta is good, if you want a action adventure RPG then xenoblade 2 is good.

Though more people favor bayonetta over xenoblade 2 but like one said xenoblade 2 is exclusive, and while bayonetta one isn't the second one is for wii u and switch.

It helps if you could be more specific what type of games you prefer to play.:mellow:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Could you maybe be more specific what you want?

If you want a action based hack and slash brawler with lots of challenge, bayonetta is good, if you want a action adventure RPG then xenoblade 2 is good.

Though more people favor bayonetta over xenoblade 2 but like one said xenoblade 2 is exclusive, and while bayonetta one isn't the second one is for wii u and switch.

It helps if you could be more specific what type of games you prefer to play.:mellow:

This...

Asking us to help you decide between two completely different types of games without knowing ANYTHING of what you want is difficult. It's like asking my daughter what she wants for dinner...

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can easily play Bayonetta 2 on CEMU or if you still have a Wii U/cheaper price, as others stated Xenoblade 2 is pretty much a legitimate exclusive to Switch with a longer story so you'll get more out of it content wise

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thank you 1 stripped screw gave me hell on the bottom right side of the backplate (can see the scratch mark in pic link) but everything worked out nicely once I got it out

I sometimes replace the screws for my devices. the xbox 360 controller, for example, uses torx security screws and I don't have a screwdriver long enough to fit into the two upper holes, so I replaced them with philips head screws. if you can get the screw out without further damaging that section... I think there's some type of putty for stripped screws. though, I'm not entirely sure how you get it in there unless the screw has to come out partially. hmm...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

now that I think about it - I think you need to drill a hole in order to get the putty in. it forms a mold around the screw allowing you to remove it. thus, you'd have to damage the switch further, so that's no really an option. ;)

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sometimes replace the screws for my devices. the xbox 360 controller, for example, uses torx security screws and I don't have a screwdriver long enough to fit into the two upper holes, so I replaced them with philips head screws. if you can get the screw out without further damaging that section... I think there's some type of putty for stripped screws. though, I'm not entirely sure how you get it in there unless the screw has to come out partially. hmm...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

now that I think about it - I think you need to drill a hole in order to get the putty in. it forms a mold around the screw allowing you to remove it. thus, you'd have to damage the switch further, so that's no really an option. ;)
Yeah I thought about replacing the Tri Wing screws b/c they are easy to get stripped, but for some god awful reason Nintendo has them in their joycons and the Switch along with phillip screws. They way I got it out was get a pair of scissors and forcefully twist and turn it out. Had to break off the original backplate unfortunately to have gripping space.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had wondered if they were using triwing. they've been using them since like the gba or something. I have a triwing screwdriver, but I don't know if it's the right gauge. tbh, I'm not even sure what I used it on. lol isn't triwing proprietary? I've not seen it on anything else but Nintendo systems.

you might also try some pliers. I've had to use them for things that were in there too tightly.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To try and get this thread back on topic, I'm voting for Bayonetta 2.
While Xenoblade 2 is very good, I dislike how it gives a new tutorial every few minutes. It's like a small interruption every few steps I take. (Not literally, but that's how it feels to me.) It also has an extraordinary soundtrack, which, even though Bayonetta 2 has some great songs, Xenoblade 2 wins for the music. I prefer Bayonetta 2 since it gives a small bit of tutorial at the beginning and that's about it. It was more enjoyable to me since there were way less interruptions throughout the gameplay and way more time actually playing, not to mention that once you defeat something in a battle, they actually get defeated and don't just win in a cutscene.

If you can, buy the physical copy of Bayonetta 2 since you'll get Bayonetta 1 for free, assuming it's not misprinted. Also, if you haven't seen Dunkey's video on Xenoblade 2, you really should before making your decision. He highlights the good and bad points about it, some of which I brought up earlier.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a switch yet, but if I were given the choice I'd choose xenoblade 2, because it's an rpg. though, I'm not sure how I felt about the first one. I didn't like the fact that your character became too strong by doing sidequests eliminating the challenge to the game. I do own bayonetta 2 for the wii u, but I've not actually played it. I just wanted as many digital games as I could for the system (all the best games and then some).

Reactions: Magical Sheep

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably best to lookup gameplay or reviews on both games. The only thing your gonna get out of this thread are 2 world opinions based on player experience or ways to save money.
So really it just boggles down on your interest of playstyle b/c both games are extremely different it's just that xenoblade 2 requires a Switch to play it

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, unless you mean you are tired too +1