Should I install Aroma or Tiramisu?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Virtual console:

So Nintendos official way to play DS games. To utilize it you use something like https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-uwuvci-injectiine.486781/ to inject your own ROMs into Nintendos emulator.

//EDIT: Note that Loadiine does not include an emulator but is using VC, too, so compatibility is exactly the same.
I’m aware how Nintendo DS emulation works on Wii U but I thought there’s another program similar to Loadiine called DS VC, I’ll look into that but it may not be a viable substitution because of the 300 games limit.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think Aroma is being developed as a probable replacement for Tiramisu eventually.
It as actually the exact opposite: Aroma release was delayed and delayed thanks to one bug, so the developers decided to exchange the buggy part with a "legacy environment" which they called Tiramisu so the users have something while they wait for Aroma. ;)
Development resources focus on Aroma, so most homebrews have been ported already. There are just two left:
- RetroArch. That's beeing worked on but AFAIK the codes are a nightmare, so Quarky has to rewrite a lot of stuff which needs time.
- Loadiine. Might never get ported as there are better alternatives and no developer interrest. Yes, there are users seeing this differently, like sonictopfan who mentioned the 300 title limit, but even for this limit there's Launchiine which has more developer interrest than Loadiine (but still not enough interrest to finish it. Devs just don't hit the 300 title limit no matter what).

//EDIT: And no, there is no conspiracy going on. Developers are not planning to abandon Tiramisu, they don't plan to hurt you in any way. Its just that no developer has any interrest in Loadiine. Every developer does what he thinks is best, there's nothing stopping devs from porting Loadiine, it's just that no developer sees a valid reason to spend his free time on this. Remember developers don't get payed here, they do all this as their private hobby.
For example my personal reason to not touch Loadiine is that I never ever used it. I have no reason to use it (am not a hoarder but just install the games I am playing, so not even closely reaching the 300 title limit). So why should I spend my free time on something that doesn't help me in any way?

Last edited by V10lator,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Environment Loader (and its environments) entirely shuts down when booting into vWii, so it wouldn't make a difference.
It's probably about forwarders but every incompatible forwarder can be remade in a few minutes. People just have to tell which forwarders are broken, else we don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over