Hacking Should I just backup everything and start over?

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone. Yeah, I'm one of those silly people who just goes like 'oh, I'll just update my 3ds now and still be able to update my Dstwo later on when it comes out'. I can't believe why I felt that way this time when normal updates are really fast for the likes of it.

Anyways, I tried using the one method on another thread where you add the new firmware(?) and change it to dstwoupdateb instead of what it usually says and then put it on your SD card to go through the error screen, then delete it and blah di blah to get it to work. I accidentally deleted the last firmware though and I'm not sure if that's where the problem came from or not. I didn't delete the latest one because of losing the last one.

I tried to use a relative's 3ds since he normally doesn't play with Wifi on unless he's playing online of course, so it can't connect and update. I tried to update my DStwo and it didn't work, only then did I found out that he had updated it asap this time. Now I'm upset that I got rid of my DsXL. :(

No matter what I try, nothing seems to work. I'm sure that I just messed up something somewhere and maybe am doing something wrong, but I wanted to ask here before I resorted to this.

Should I just backup all my stuff and just start over with the newest firmware and EOS or something?

I'm sorry for all of the rambling, just tried to be clear about what I tried doing and maybe somebody's encountered a problem like it before.

Thanks. ;D

D

Deleted User

I ran into this problem just a few days ago actually. I was lucky enough to borrow a friend's DSi to update it on. It never hurt to backup your files, so I'd do that first. Then try starting with the new EOS and firmware. If that doesn't work, do you have any friends with old DS's?

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backed up everything on my computer, reformatted the card, and then redownloaded the EOS, firmware, patch, etc and put them back on before putting my games back on, etc.

I still get an error. :\ I thought you could get this done without having the need for a 2nd system. Sadly got rid of my XL and don't know anyone with an un-updated 3DS/old DS. If I can get this straight, definitely just going to wait for DStwo updates yet again instead of rushing with 3DS updates. :x

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the update B method applies the update by using the onboard CPU and just uses power from the 3DS

if you turn it off too soon you can risk breaking the card

you must just leave on error screen for 5 mins then after take it out and delete the update off the sd card
or the cpu will try to flash it again and again

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I already have the latest firmware though? Would it work by putting the same firmware on there a 2nd time but under the b name(before deleting the b one)? Last time I tried doing it, I accidentally deleted the firmware I already had on it, so deleting the new didn't seem like an option(before I backed up everything and reformatted), I guess that could've been the problem because I did in fact wait a little over 5 minutes. Now that I've reformatted, automatically put the latest EOS, firmware, patch, and transfered the game files, etc. back, my question is what I just stated earlier in this post.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok. b to update your ds2 if error screen. leave on error screen for 5 mins. after 5 mins delete b file. can be done as many times as you want. you might've bricked your card. if bricked follow the steps in the guide that says how to fix eos 1.08. the 1 percent thing and you need another flashcart that works for that.

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have to just see if I know someone with a DS, don't want to have to get another cart. :c I was asking here cause I thought I heard of a way to be able to unblock the cart without having to have another system.

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i just did the whole updateb thing wrong the first time. Just tried it again and followed directions even more carefully and now my DStwo works! Yay! Next time I'm just going to wait for the patch first, lol.

Thanks to everyone who offered help! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E