Hacking should i just wait for the softmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus. Please go and ask them on discord.
It is EmuNAND. It is whole NAND "image/copy" on SD.
Just ask them.

And CFW EmuNAND is EmuNAND that has CFW capabilities (if you want to be picky. Because EmuNAND itself is just plain NAND copy, so no CFW.)
CFW and EmuNAND are not the same. The CFW is Atmosphere alone, and it redirects hardware functions to a cloned copy of the Switch's NAND mounted on a partition of the Switch's internal SD card. The CFW utilizes EmuNAND for security purposes but the CFW is a seperate beast. At some point this or another CFW could just as easily make its modifications to SysNAND but for now this is too dangerous at this CFWs current itteration.
Jesus, I was trying to find a way to say this but you worded it concisely. It should also go without saying that EmuNAND CFW does not mean it is an EmuNAND. Yes, Atmosphere is an EmuNAND CFW but that's because its being coded to run with EmuNAND and not SysNAND. The sole point of an EmuNAND is to serve as a backup for your SysNAND if you ever brick the console. Until we have a way to restore SysNAND reliably, EmuNAND is the next best thing to keep your Switch functioning.

Reactions: kataclysmicmind

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
btw i won't try the joycon method (don't have the screwdriver needed and am scared to damage them).
You can use a tiny flathead screwdriver, stick it in the gap in the middle like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4p624k7d03ge3a/FWL3IU30VVEV2ZDJ9M.MEDIUM.jpg?dl=0
The joycon screws unscrew easily with this method and the rail is immediately accessible without unscrewing anything else.
I did this several times on the same JoyCon and the only wear to the screw was that some of the black paint wore off.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.0.0 could always do pega. EVERY console thats not the new hardware revision can do rcm and NO, HBL currently is only partly working on 1.0.0 - with frequent crashes in apps (because HBL never was developed for 1.0.0).

And now stop all those threads of individual people asking for individual support on what they can or could or should do regarding to the version of firmware they are on.

This is maddening.

You have more people answering those questions incorrectly - than people who care to still assist the three people posting the SAME question EVERY day - with different firmware versions - expecting personal support.

You see that this isn't working - you see that you'll get all sorts of BS answers before someone bothers to correct it - and if its corrected, It has to be one of five guys.

You are abusing the forum.

What part of "no new enduser solutions available yet" didn't you understand?

What part of the list of firmwares for "I want to update from x to y" gets longer every day - so this becomes exponentially more difficult to answer for three users a day - if you don't want to read what "groups" of firmwares can do or are expected to do - on your own. Its over for free services.

gbatemp should hire up callcenter agents already, if it expects this to continue for no reason.

If you are getting excited, because developers now have the opportunity to work on the platform - stop acting like if you are one yourself, or you can bother one whenever you like to (I have a friend...). If there are no "most easy way to" tutorials out yet, they arent out yet for a reason.

You are currently missing nothing. Apart from the opportunity of doing more things wrong, coming to no exceptable result whatsoever. (So you want to boot homebrew apps that will crash after a few seconds on 1.0.0, or to set up a linux environment on your switch without controller, touch or sound support? Great.

Then look up the tutorials and do it on your own - don't post three "I'm on x can I now y?" postings every day...

No new enduser facing solution or hack was released.

You getting excited and wanting to participate, or to know what you should do because of future developments, os JUST and SOLEY getting into the way of devs - and on the nerves of people who actually bothered to keep up with whats currently going on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really don't care.

There is nothing out there for you (the end user) at the moment (apart rom HBL for 3.0.0), there are no new developments for you that took place in the last four (?) months. If you are antsy and want to order a jig, or a "cable" to do the hardware assisted mod in the future - do it.

The easy tutorials will follow - a few months from now. Its not time for you "thinking you have missed the boat" yet. Its not the time for your "should I, would I, can I update to..." questions yet. A few things are still in motion. Answers to that will get more easy and manageable once we have a few more specifics. And once a few more issues are solved (so you want to connect your Switch to a powered USB device and put a thing into ints controller rails every time to start up your Switch? No? Then wait a while, and dont ask if its ok to update yet. Some of this stuff is usability related also -

- every one might be guchi with one of those prerequisites just named in the future - but I am sure as HECK that no one wants to live with both until the end of their Switch usage. So wait until some of those things can get solved, and the thing you actually want to use (CFW) gets released, and then ask the same original question three times a day in all new and different threads in here.

At least then we can give you a simple answer. Currently its just - stop doing it, and wait.

(Or read up on the specifics on your own.)
The BS answers are still easier to understand then your Google translate scrambled answers. It's a public forum, and you are not a moderator. I would rather see the same questions every day rather then your 3 page rants everyday. They will not stop, and your rants won't stop them. Chill and get over yourself.

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(But NAND is 32Gb, so 32Gb SD should be enough technically).

I don't know if someone has told you this already, but you're wrong. mSD cards (and almost all other storage methods on earth, in fact) always have less space than you might think due to base-2 to base-10 conversion. This is true for the Switch's OS, too, but having the EXACT number of bytes wouldn't be enough, because you also need space for other homebrew and scripts. SciresM obviously knows what he's talking about, I don't really think you'd know more about this than him.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
"Show me your sources for things that arent existing yet."

Here are my sources.

You can't proof a negative.

(What do you expect? A newspaper article, on all those Switch methods, people imagine working, that don't exist? I'm sure your favorite youtuber is looking into that mystery as we speak...)

As far as softmods or hardware assisted mods are concerned - this still holds true:

Nothing has changed since this has been stated two weeks ago. Hold your horses.
--

Next on my list - proving that no god ever existed, who has ever created intelligent life. Oh wait, I've found circumstantial proof for that one:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educati...-analogue-clocks-exam-halls-teenagers-unable/

(The odd thing here is, that using circle segments to judge "when half of the time is over" (has to do with the "cut that piece of birthday cake in half" quotient), is much easier on analogue clocks. But even teachers nowadays seem to think, that digital is better, because everything is digital. Not because manufacturers optimized time displays to use the least amount of Light zones they would have to use to manufacture a clock. The notion that this is "actual progress" is about as sound as the notion that people by now should write zeros with sharp corners, because their mid nineties calculator always wrote b00bies with a rectangular o. "Its what they are used to, we don't want to cause them stress..."

Also while we are at it, how about we replace every painting in an art gallery with an iPad pro? Those kids, sure are so used to swiping, and ever-scrolling.... (Perhaps stand them in numbered cubicals with iPads in front of them, then they don't have to navigate museum halls anymore? Those are long and winded, they tell us.))
Ok, I'm officially going to skip any reply you make from now on because you have no idea what you're talking about. To be honest I mostly did already because you have no idea of the definition of concise.

-----a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get into RCM then you definitely don't have the necessary skills required for using f-g or the ability to develop anything of use right now.

This has practically no use whatsoever for the end-user; and all the guys playing around with Linux have demonstrated themselves as being apart from the typical user.

Just wait, breathe, and wait.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
1.0.0 could always do pega. EVERY console thats not the new hardware revision can do rcm and NO, HBL currently is only partly working on 1.0.0 - with frequent crashes in apps (because HBL never was developed for 1.0.0).

And now stop all those threads of individual people asking for individual support on what they can or could or should do regarding to the version of firmware they are on.

This is maddening.

You have more people answering those questions incorrectly - than people who care to still assist the three people posting the SAME question EVERY day - with different firmware versions - expecting personal support.

You see that this isn't working - you see that you'll get all sorts of BS answers before someone bothers to correct it - and if its corrected, It has to be one of five guys.

You are abusing the forum.

What part of "no new enduser solutions available yet" didn't you understand?

What part of the list of firmwares for "I want to update from x to y" gets longer every day - so this becomes exponentially more difficult to answer for three users a day - if you don't want to read what "groups" of firmwares can do or are expected to do - on your own. Its over for free services.

gbatemp should hire up callcenter agents already, if it expects this to continue for no reason.

If you are getting excited, because developers now have the opportunity to work on the platform - stop acting like if you are one yourself, or you can bother one whenever you like to (I have a friend...). If there are no "most easy way to" tutorials out yet, they arent out yet for a reason.

You are currently missing nothing. Apart from the opportunity of doing more things wrong, coming to no exceptable result whatsoever. (So you want to boot homebrew apps that will crash after a few seconds on 1.0.0, or to set up a linux environment on your switch without controller, touch or sound support? Great.

Then look up the tutorials and do it on your own - don't post three "I'm on x can I now y?" postings every day...

No new enduser facing solution or hack was released.

You getting excited and wanting to participate, or to know what you should do because of future developments, os JUST and SOLEY getting into the way of devs - and on the nerves of people who actually bothered to keep up with whats currently going on.

I really don't care.

There is nothing out there for you (the end user) at the moment (apart rom HBL for 3.0.0), there are no new developments for you that took place in the last four (?) months. If you are antsy and want to order a jig, or a "cable" to do the hardware assisted mod in the future - do it.

The easy tutorials will follow - a few months from now. Its not time for you "thinking you have missed the boat" yet. Its not the time for your "should I, would I, can I update to..." questions yet. A few things are still in motion. Answers to that will get more easy and manageable once we have a few more specifics. And once a few more issues are solved (so you want to connect your Switch to a powered USB device and put a thing into ints controller rails every time to start up your Switch? No? Then wait a while, and dont ask if its ok to update yet. Some of this stuff is usability related also -

- every one might be guchi with one of those prerequisites just named in the future - but I am sure as HECK that no one wants to live with both until the end of their Switch usage. So wait until some of those things can get solved, and the thing you actually want to use (CFW) gets released, and then ask the same original question three times a day in all new and different threads in here.

At least then we can give you a simple answer. Currently its just - stop doing it, and wait.

(Or read up on the specifics on your own.)

I'd rather see 100 new threads daily > 1 more of your comments.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't know if someone has told you this already, but you're wrong. mSD cards (and almost all other storage methods on earth, in fact) always have less space than you might think due to base-2 to base-10 conversion. This is true for the Switch's OS, too, but having the EXACT number of bytes wouldn't be enough, because you also need space for other homebrew and scripts. SciresM obviously knows what he's talking about, I don't really think you'd know more about this than him.
You don't say.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
notimp if it bothers you dont answer.
plain simple
And let wrong answers stay in here, while I read through three of those question threads a day, because they could have literally have any title - because people, threadjack - insert this question into conversations, try to slip it in under different premesis...

Two things: Personal support DOES NOT WORK on this, because none of the methods are inished, we are dealing with probailities, unknown usability, and different expectations or different people. If you can't sort this out yourself, don't bother answering.

You are not a customer, you are not entitled to a good support experience, you havent benefitet us in any way - you are only exploiting people who are still willing to talk to you - although it is descending into a free for all, where wrong answers are spread - quickly.

You are the problem - not we. We can only do so much. If you need more easy and more personalized - this is not something that we will be able to provide - especially not at the time the mob things something "amazing" has happened, because they apparently saw it on TV from journalists, who couldnt even bother to do the research correctly. They are paid, we are not.

You don't contribute - we are less likely to honor your wishes and wants, if they are purely exploitative - and there is more than ten of them a week.

Also keep you one sentence whisdoms to yourself - if you havent read the paragraphs detailing why "simply don't say anything and let others be exploitet" is not a solution.

You wan't free, free, and free - you dont care if stuff works, or i usable, or you have a big likelyhood of not ending up with anything useful.

You are egoistic, driven by personal interest, intentionally unwilling to voiced that tell you - to stop, if the stuff you are doing is literally hurting you and everyone around you, you just WANT. But you are unable to solve any issues that might arise on your own - so you wan't a internet "buddy" to do that for you as well.

And what I'm trying to get across here is - that you are not getting it. Everyone who ha provided tutorials will not even react to you at this point - so stop flooding the forum with service requests, that in return make it harder and harder for the available information to stay at the surface.

We are not here to serve you. If you are not able to handle complex logic, like "different firmware versions" will have different benefits in the future - don't expect any one to give you a personalized answer - most people who will haven't been able to come to the right conclusions on their own, and with every personal request you put out there the chances for anyone to react to the false information out there becomes smaller.

There is nothing for you out there yet. People are purposely not releasing "easy install packages" for you yet - because they don't want you hitting all the limitation at this stage.

If you don't see tutorials, its because there purposely are none, or because you dind't use search - and never tried to actually use this forum as more as a service platform.

I can put this in more simple words, but those would not be friendly. We know that different people have different capabilities, when it comes to "dealing with complexity". The "most easy way to" solutions arent available. In fact - NOTHING changed from the enduser point of view in the past three weeks.

Also - I would appreciate a few "I've booted linux twice - and I currently can do nothing with it" voices - to counteract the mob of people who seem to believe that they have to participate in entirely useless efforts currently, that just cost people time, nerves - and make this forum a freaking circus - of "expectations" meet "reality".

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
And let wrong answers stay in here, while I read through three of those question threads a day, because they could have literally have any title - because people, threadjack - insert this question into conversations, try to slip it in under different premesis...

Two things: Personal support DOES NOT WORK on this, because none of the methods are inished, we are dealing with probailities, unknown usability, and different expectations or different people. If you can't sort this out yourself, don't bother answering.

You are not a customer, you are not entitled to a good support experience, you havent benefitet us in any way - you are only exploiting people who are still willing to talk to you - although it is descending into a free for all, where wrong answers are spread - quickly.

You are the problem - not we. We can only do so much. If you need more easy and more personalized - this is not something that we will be able to provide - especially not at the time the mob things something "amazing" has happened, because they apparently saw it on TV from journalists, who couldnt even bother to do the research correctly. They are paid, we are not.

You don't contribute - we are less likely to honor your wishes and wants, if they are purely exploitative - and there is more than ten of them a week.

Also keep you one sentence whisdoms to yourself - if you havent read the paragraphs detailing why "simply don't say anything and let others be exploitet" is not a solution.

You wan't free, free, and free - you dont care if stuff works, or i usable, or you have a big likelyhood of not ending up with anything useful.

You are egoistic, driven by personal interest, intentionally unwilling to voiced that tell you - to stop, if the stuff you are doing is literally hurting you and everyone around you, you just WANT. But you are unable to solve any issues that might arise on your own - so you wan't a internet "buddy" to do that for you as well.

And what I'm trying to get across here is - that you are not getting it. Everyone who ha provided tutorials will not even react to you at this point - so stop flooding the forum with service requests, that in return make it harder and harder for the available information to stay at the surface.

We are not here to serve you. If you are not able to handle complex logic, like "different firmware versions" will have different benefits in the future - don't expect any one to give you a personalized answer - most people who will haven't been able to come to the right conclusions on their own, and with every personal request you put out there the chances for anyone to react to the false information out there becomes smaller.

There is nothing for you out there yet. People are purposely not releasing "easy install packages" for you yet - because they don't want you hitting all the limitation at this stage.

If you don't see tutorials, its because there purposely are none, or because you dind't use search - and never tried to actually use this forum as more as a service platform.

I can put this in more simple words, but those would not be friendly. We know that different people have different capabilities, when it comes to "dealing with complexity". The "most easy way to" solutions arent available. In fact - NOTHING changed from the enduser point of view in the past three weeks.

Also - I would appreciate a few "I've booted linux twice - and I currently can do nothing with it" voices - to counteract the mob of people who seem to believe that they have to participate in entirely useless efforts currently, that just cost people time, nerves - and make this forum a freaking circus - of "expectations" meet "reality".
This is forum. If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else or just simply ignore the threades.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thats wrong. You only say this - because you didn't like that you were called out as propagating wrong information.

Go away if you don't like it - is never a solution. It doesn't change the situation at hand.

Forums are not about exploiting people for service tasks, they are about an open discussion about different strands of opinion.

"I can do whatever I wan't you can't make me stop, go away ...." is only a possible position to hold in here, because there i literally now voice of authority that set any baseline of what is allowed, and what should be considered purely destructive behavior, for now discernable reason, but to have your own lovely "service experience" in here.

Here is the guiding principle to decide which side you are on currently.

If the people releasing tools stop talking to any one of you after a few hours, chances are - that they can't handle the "feedback" either. Now the only thing we are talking about is, if this then shoudl become a free for all zone, where anyone can try to feel good, by getting "you are important, here is a potentially wrong answer" personal treatment - of if we try to limit that behavior at a point - where it will provide no constructive outcome for anyone in here - because the end user facing solutions simply aren't there yet.

If we intuit that only a percentile of the population really can engage in complex problem solving, and the problems are complex - and there are no easy answers - yet, and you are making sure, that wrong information gets propagated, and that the correct information (which is available in here from the original sources) gets less visible over time, what are we doing?

Word of mouth can't help you with any of this right now - so why should people be allowed to ask the same question over and over again, in an effort - to get an easy answer somehow.

Its beyond the "pitty point" of "everyone started small" at this point. We know that most of you don't care to get an understanding about the concepts people are dealing with currently - we know that you only wan't easy how to's - and you can't get them currently. This is the most easy picture I can paint of the situation currently.

Linux with no controller, sound or touchscreen support, HBL on 1.0.0 with apps that crash after a few seconds, I mean - what do you wan't?

Should I wait for software solution? (Idk, what do you expect the probability of it releasing to be? How much are you opposed to installing some form of modchip into your device, that will give you "more easy" 999 out of the 1000 times you'll start up the switch, are you on 1.0.0 which has the highest likelyhood of getting a sw coldboot method? How opposed are you to having to use a dongle every time on boot in the future? How much do you want to "upgrade to a current firmware version" right now?

We cant answer these questions for you. This is what complexity means -

no answers you could lob back and forward in a "public knowledge" kind of way.)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: MatMaf

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thats wrong. You only say this - because you didn't like that you were called out as propagating wrong information.

Go away if you don't like it - is never a solution. It doesn't change the situation at hand.
Not really. I just don't like your attitude about how it should work here. You can't change it so stop crying about it.
Suggestion: Create a thread and talk about it there.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, it is not.

emunand is simply redirecting where the OS and other files are loaded from to another storage medium, you could even install original firmware on your emunand or have partial emunand where the OS is loaded from sysnand and your installed content is loaded from SD (to increase storage available).

A CFW is not an OS. CFW is a seriers of patches that are applied to the original firmware that allow you to do all sort of things.

CFW is simply custom firmware. It doesn't have to be based on original firmware, it can be brand new. It just has to be stand alone.

The boundary between firmware and OS is pretty arbitrary. Firmware covers anything that is loaded at startup from rom/eprom/flash, which may or may not be an OS.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Not really. I just don't like your attitude about how it should work here. You can't change it so stop crying about it.
Suggestion: Create a thread and talk about it there.
Does this qualify as negging yet?

This is not an attitude problem - you can dislike me personally all you want. This still doesn't solve the issue, that people are spreading false information in here - because, everyone that cares about laying out the actual information three times a day - has become tired of this right now.

And no - I choose not to talk about this in my own "people in here have no morals, ethics, or concept of a debate culture anymore" thread, because I'm sure as heck - that that will not get much traction in a community - where people who care about those issues are swamped away by people only interested in personalized support offerts, and self profiling themselves as "helpful helper" regardless of if they provide correct information or not.

To be honest - you have a very bad standing in this thread currently - because you spread wrong information, then tried to hand over the burden to check its correctness over to the opponent, and wanted to win with the discussion with an authority play.

Now you are trying to make this a discussion about peoples needs to feel attended to and always spoken to nicely - even if all they are contributing is to create more work, that doesn't lead to any usable outcomes for them currently.

Why wouldn't the answer to that always be to tell them, that the "easy how tos" arent there for a reason.

And that the question "if they should do something or wait" might depend on what they wan't to do, and why - and are currently answered based on an incomplete picture (probabilities, vs. facts).

I can make this very simple. If you are not willing to engage in complex problem solving - don't raise "everyone can has easy answer now" expectations. We are simply not there yet.

"Don't update" as a "simple" warcry - has lead us into an extremely fragmented environment, where people are now trying to make sense of it by asking for "simple way to get out of" -- and it doesnt currently exist (there are pros and cons for every...).

Many of them are misrepresenting "how easy" a specific solution would be. Many of them misunderstood "exploit became public" as the "now everything is available" point, which isn't true at all - many of them are stumbling around in dev. driven environments - trying to be first.

And they are failing at every point of the way. And there simply is not the infrastructure to attend to them individually.

You are now deciding - if we should still tell them that - or, if we should retract, letting them "intuite" that that they are in that situation, after trying a bunch of wrong tips, that they are currently starting to get. (Because the big picture is still somewhat complex. This will get better in a few months. When stuff from people gets released, that have actually thought about "structure" and not just "opportunity".)

Last edited by notimp,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
And let wrong answers stay in here
Then you should delete all your own posts.

If you want anyone to read anything you have to say, you really need to cut down on the blathering on.

To be honest - you have a very bad standing in this thread currently - because you spread wrong information, then tried to hand over the burden to check its correctness over to the opponent, and wanted to win with the discussion with an authority play.
He really doesn't. He got his information from the Reswitched discord, whereas you got your information from your own imagination. Kubas has been around for a while and I've never seen him say anything stupid yet.

The only people who get to say anything without a source is the devs themselves, who would be the source anyway for anyone else. Nobody is picking on you, we just expect you to follow the same standards as everyone else. If you're not a dev, your word is not law, it needs to be backed up. Maybe if you become a dev, hang around for five or six years and get a reputation (or be around for less time but release something really amazing), then maybe people might take your word at face value.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Ninfanloser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, who reads rants that long? Ever since I saw his replies it's been like that, and man, I ain't got no time to read all that.

PS. I'm sure he'll reply to this with 4-6 paragraphs of pure nonsense. Please someone just translate it to me to tl;dr.
He won by talking tons of nonsense that you can't understand and/or don't want to waste your precious time argue with. This is how things work sometimes in reality.

Reactions: annson24

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hey, I've also gotten my information from a dev - and I have a pretty good track record in here as well.

Now its statement vs statement - and we battle five years over getting enough reputation to be able to tell it to the public that doesnt care about how things work anyhow?

Here - let me take off thousand of the likes, you got under your name. Let me call that reputation I don't believe in. Let me say that I don't care how you feel about the likelyhood of some friend of yours lurking in an chat session having gotten "tha scoop" because he asked.

I can't verify that - you cant verify that, for all I care - he could have forgotten what he was told midway during the sentence.

Lets go by verifyable public information. Under which this still stands true:
short summary for pre-Mariko units:
1.0.0: has a nice non-coldboot solution, and is the most likely to get a Holy Grail CFW-launching exploit in the future
<3.0.1: has enough power to avoid a hardmod immediately, even if you'll probably want to just do the hardmod 'cuz the hardmod's so easy
<=4.1.0: will eventually see a hardmod-less solution, but will need that 'minor hardmod' at launch
>4.1.0: that 'minor hardmod' is required; though we may find a solution to avoid this in the future

Now let me please not hunt for reputation for five years so I could post a public statement to make sure people arent tricked into believing a lie - especially since I dont care about farming likes at all, and never will. Popularity is a freaking horrible vice to get to know an objectifyable truth.

Now tell your friend that wasnt able to differenciate between "coldboot" and "in general" (1.0.0 will be the only one that gets a coldboot enabled softmod, presumably), that I don't care what he has been told in chat by unknown sources. We are not playing "my private sources are better than yours - trust me on my reputation" in here.

Also I'm taking 2000 of your likes off in my mind - for trying to pull this one.

"Hey everyone! Come believe my friend! Hes been in chat, you know?"

People relaying information from chat sessions to the community in here have been responsible for some of the worst information economy imaginable - where speculation was entirely out of control - until the statement above was made in this forum.

The reason being was, that chat lurkers in those semi private channels obviously were unable to ask return questions, necessary for verification - so entire scenarios where missed entirely.

Before the statement from ktempkin above - the most fitting interpretation of what they had released was "most of you will go with "hardware assisted" anyhow".

(Which wasn't understood by people in here, because they were told "lower is better" for more than a year from the same sources before.)

He won by talking tons of nonsense that you can't understand and/or don't want to waste your precious time argue with. This is how things work sometimes in reality.
I'm still here. If you want to accuse me of foul play by using more than 150 characters - talk to me.

I would like to have an opportunity to defend my position.

Groups of people that don't like others who don't share their likes, playing reputation games to sideline critical voices are amongst the mot common thing on the internet.

Everyone has an opinion. And for every opinion they hold they have two feels. Also, their friends agree with them.

If you want to bet your friends reputation on directly confronting a dev statement made in this forum, please talk to him in private before - because I'm fairly certain that this -

AFAIK, only 1.0.0 can have softmod.

- wasn't meant to be a big public release statement. To contradict all prior information we got from devs.

edit: For reference: This was our attempt to make sense of the released information: https://gbatemp.net/threads/do-you-need-to-wires-or-the-jig-to-get-in-rcm-mode-in-future.501997/ If you want to, you can read it.

Last edited by notimp,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, now I understand. You made an assumption about her quote that other people didn't. RCM is part of the hardmod solution. What she was talking about in that quote was just getting access to use CFW, which may or may not involve RCM (I'm thinking not).

3.0.0 will also be able to boot into RCM - without hardmod, just not from coldboot.
So will 4.1.0 most likely - some time in the future.
short summary for pre-Mariko units:
1.0.0: has a nice non-coldboot solution, and is the most likely to get a Holy Grail CFW-launching exploit in the future
<3.0.1: has enough power to avoid a hardmod immediately, even if you'll probably want to just do the hardmod 'cuz the hardmod's so easy
<=4.1.0: will eventually see a hardmod-less solution, but will need that 'minor hardmod' at launch
>4.1.0: that 'minor hardmod' is required; though we may find a solution to avoid this in the future

By the way this whole thing could have been avoided if you'd just said where you were getting your information from when asked. Then we would have seen why you said what you did.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i heard fallout 4 is shit but i think that was when it released