Apple Should I sell my iPhone 4 and go for 4S?

It's just for the phone value. Should I sell it?

• Yes. Get the 4S and then trade it in later.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No. Keep the 4 and pay full price for the next iPhone.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would wait. I mean, in a week you're just going to ask if you should sell your iPhone 4S for an iPhone 4T or whatever ridiculous name they're calling it instead of just naming the damn thing the iPhone 5.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
As of now, 6 yes 11 no.

No. There is no reason. Siri is shit (for now) and besides you can get here with jailbreaks. The better camera is just a little better of a camera, nothing to write home about. I can see wanting a full GB of RAM, but its honestly not worth it right now. Just be patient.
Personally I'm using Spire with some green server right now. Third party servers just aren't as stable and accurate as the original Siri (of course there's this chance of getting f- ed by Apple if you use 4S keys).

I tried the 4S camera before. It was pretty good, but I can live with the decent-enough 4 camera.

I am not swapping phones for the sake of speed/Siri/camera. As stated in the OP, I'm doing it to retain value so that when the 5 hits I won't need to pay that much (< $300). But you do make a point, there's not much features on the 4S which are significantly appealing that the 4 doesn't have.

FYI - the 4/4S have the same amount of RAM.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Jailbroken you could get $500. With a 32GB model. People are stupid.
Don't get it...

I did some calculations... I need to top up another $350 for a 4S 16GB. Not that hefty anymore.

I'll at most get a new headset, new battery, warranty with the new phone. (My 4's headset is pretty much spoiled and the battery doesn't last half a day under heavy usage)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OKAY. I'm so sorry to bring up this old topic again. :P

It appears that M1 (my carrier) is informing me that my contract is ending soon. I can get an iPhone 4S from them at just $505 (16GB). I can still sell it for about $450 - 480 for the full set to retailers or trade it in to M1 for $250 for just the mobile and charger.

Prob now is... SHOULD I GO FOR IT? Consider the value thing again, because it's still there. When the 5 gets announced maybe I can sell my phone at a high price so that I only need to pay max $200 - $300 for it.

Thanks again. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro