Hacking Should I stick with firmware 1.0.0 on my switch?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The software solution that you speak needs puyo puyo jap and "autorcm" was very dangerous right now. Thats why im talking about a solution of software way whitouth puyo and a only use of jig to install fake news
AFAIK you'll be able to install that software solution from RCM.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Not without the proper keys to sign the CFW. The whole bootrom exploit tricks the Switch into thinking its running properly signed code when it really isn't. This lasts only as long as the Switch is powered on. Once its turned off, you would need to do the whole bootrom exploit again to trick the Switch. Of course, an easy alternative is to just let the thing stay in sleep mode.
Thats what im talking about. And thats why im asking for if we can have a software solution whitouth puyo jap, like install fake news whith a only one use jig and then do pegaswitch and going into rcm always in softmode. Just only go to do the payload thing and thats it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what im talking about. And thats why im asking for if we can have a software solution whitouth puyo jap, like install fake news whith a only one use jig and then do pegaswitch and going into rcm always in softmode. Just only go to do the payload thing and thats it.
Once Atmosphere comes out, this will indeed be doable. You will just need to wait.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
AFAIK you'll be able to install that software solution from RCM.
But able when? I dont know if some dev are developing that solution. Im confused because thats a very usefull tool and doesnt already done. And im think that atmosphere must be released earlier than all that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Once Atmosphere comes out, this will indeed be doable. You will just need to wait.
Can you explain a little bit more? :)

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a switch and I was lucky it came in firmware 1.0.0. I follow the scene all the time and now I'm in doubt if it's worth just continuing in 1.0.0 when it could be running homebrews and playing in 3.0.0.
I recently got a second switch myself, OP. I found it at great price, and it was on 1.0.0. Just stay on it for now. Please, pleaseee do not update. Wait for Atmosphere, at least, then weigh out your options! You will be glad you stayed put!

You will keep your 1.0.0 firmware, while being able to stay on the latest firmware with emuNAND. Not to mention, this has the potential to become extremely sought after, and may possibly become a collector's piece. Not saying that it will, but it definitely has the potential for it. Stay, stay, stay! :yayswitch:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain a little bit more? :)
Fake news can be installed multiple ways once you get the proper access to the Switch. The CFW, Atmosphere, removes all the restrictions from the Switch so it will allow us to do anything we want so long as someone develops it. So say someone turns the fake news installer into a homebrew app, it would then be possible to install fake news without Puyo-Puyo, but you will still need to utilize RCM.

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not to go too off topic but what about switches over 3.0 but under 5.0? I've read conflicting reports stating basically it's going to take so long that you might as well update?

3.0.2 here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to go too off topic but what about switches over 3.0 but under 5.0? I've read conflicting reports stating basically it's going to take so long that you might as well update?

3.0.2 here
My last point will be obtaining said sofmodded warmboot exploits. We have reason to believe that the untethered exploit for firmwares 3.0 and below may have been patched out because they indicated it will be released at the same time as the CFW. Whether it involves Pegaswitch or not is just speculation. The hard part is when they will release the one for 3.01-4.1. If it turns out that it does not work on 5.x, then similar to the one for 3.0 and below, they will release it as it has already been patched out so there's nothing holding them back on releasing it. But what if those exploits do work on 5.x? Now it becomes a guessing game as to when they'll release it, if at all since as you have noticed, exploits typically get released after they are fixed. For what its worth, I'm holding onto my 4.1 in the hopes of that untethered exploit because I don't like tethering either. But we will simply have to wait and see.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Fake news can be installed multiple ways once you get the proper access to the Switch. The CFW, Atmosphere, removes all the restrictions from the Switch so it will allow us to do anything we want so long as someone develops it. So say someone turns the fake news installer into a homebrew app, it would then be possible to install fake news without Puyo-Puyo, but you will still need to utilize RCM.
Yeah, but utilize rcm in softmode without puyo and jig using that hbl app. Thats what talking about. I dont know if that fake news in hbl on atmosphere will can be install on horizon os that to enter in rcm.. dont know. But still for developing all that. I was thinking that could be realease before than the CFW

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but utilize rcm in softmode without puyo and jig using that hbl app. Thats what talking about. I dont know if that fake news in hbl on atmosphere will can be install on horizon os that to enter in rcm.. dont know. But still for developing all that. I was thinking that could be realease before than the CFW
Installing it as a payload or as a homebrew app without Puyo-Puyo are identical because both methods will involve using a jig once.

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thx Draxzelex & SomeGamer.

It would be great if the softmod works on the revision units but the selfish part of me hopes nintendo has patched it so i can get the full benefit of my switch :D

Reactions: Draxzelex

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Installing it as a payload or as a homebrew app without Puyo-Puyo are identical because both methods will involve using a jig once.
Yeah, or for send the payload or for installing atmosphere once need to be used. But the thing is that no one of that options are still developed or isnt in a beggining so... maybe that comes when doesnt needed that or use the jig more times than once to boot CFW or something like that... i think the use its for the beginning of all that

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, or for send the payload or for installing atmosphere once need to be used. But the thing is that no one of that options are still developed or isnt in a beggining so... maybe that comes when doesnt needed that or use the jig more times than once to boot CFW or something like that... i think the use its for the beginning of all that
Probably because the people who can make it happen are busy developing Atmosphere for everyone. That's why I said wait for Atmosphere to be completed as this will give them time to work on porting all of the exploits.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude, I’ve skimmed thru this thread to get the gist.
Look, here’s my view, take it or leave it.
DO NOT UPDATE A 1.0.0 CONSOLE (at this stage in the game) despite what anyone says.
With everything coming in literally a matter of days (hopefully), you will be maximising your chances for retaining ability to coldboot as well as RCM thru software only
simply cos we expect an emunand solution via Atmosphere.
So close to the goal line is not the time to upgrade and lose potential future great hacks when you can still enjoy all the benefits of later firms once emunand is available soon(tm)

Last edited by snoofly,

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dude, I’ve skimmed thru this thread to get the gist.
Look, here’s my view, take it or leave it.
DO NOT UPDATE A 1.0.0 CONSOLE (at this stage in the game) despite what anyone says.
With everything coming in literally a matter of days (hopefully), you will be maximising your chances for retaining ability to coldboot as well as RCM thru software only
simply cos we expect an emunand solution via Atmosphere.
So close to the goal line is not the time to upgrade and lose potential future great hacks when you can still enjoy all the benefits of later firms once emunand is available soon(tm)
I dont want update, obvious. I want to have a software solution to wnter in rcm whitout puyo and thats still for developing, and its very usefull and here are talking about that. And im very confused because that, is a very very needed way to 1.0.0 firms.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont want update, obvious. I want to have a software solution to wnter in rcm whitout puyo and thats still for developing, and its very usefull and here are talking about that. And im very confused because that, is a very very needed way to 1.0.0 firms.
Ok i said I skimmed and took the subject as to whether to upgrade or not.
RCM via software without puyo.. who knows how long, can’t help on that sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one