• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Should people with genetic disorders be allowed to reproduce? [Yes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I choose not to have children and one of the reasons for it is certain health conditions I have which are hereditary. At the same time I think it's draconian to outright ban unlucky people from having children. If I chose to have children then IVF would be the responsible pathway.

Last edited by nintendo_leaker,
Reactions: AncientBoi

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Eugenics is a minefield. Remember the Aryan master race dream of Adolf?

I don't plan on having kids either but people have a right to choose to do so or not...

My main reason for not having kids is overpopulation, 8 billion f***ing humans is unsustainable and hella crazy.

Also declining standards of living is a factor so I choose not to condemn someone to a shitty life just because I want to start a 'dumb fambly'

People need to exercise that right of having kids responsibly, please do not condemn other people to a crappy life just because you want kids, and remember the larger the human population grows the less sustainable that population becomes....climate change, scarcity of resources, energy crisis, food crisis, poverty, exploitation, pollution, access to fresh water for consumption and agriculture, deforestation, etc all stem from overpopulation.

Last edited by HellGhast,

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but as things progress, it would probably be more pressure to produce naturally healthy babies or fix problems, instead of trying to stop them altogether. Especially if designer babies fully become a thing.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you would have no one having children.

There is no "Pure Blood" in the world, there are recessive disorders that can skip generations and even crop up in further generations in the future and every single blood line has one or more at this point.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I despise women, let alone, even thinking of having sexual relations with one, Who TF is it their concern on whether I should Mate to have "Kiddies" [another yuk of having rug rats screaming and yelling their so-called Joy all day] or not.

My say is "None of Their Bizwax". :angry:

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
As much as I despise women, let alone, even thinking of having sexual relations with one, Who TF is it their concern on whether I should Mate to have "Kiddies" [another yuk of having rug rats screaming and yelling their so-called Joy all day] or not.

My say is "None of Their Bizwax". :angry:
LOL, the double standards of the gays! Imagine if a woman came on here and said "as much as I despise the gays", you'd be having a hissy fit and start screeching like a 2 year old and call her a phobe!

Last edited by mrdude,

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Looks like I'll have to agree to disagree with everyone in this thread. I wasn't aware of the word eugenics before making it but I think it's a good thing. It does however need to be approached carefully and not legally forced on people.

Nobody has perfect genes but some people have better genes than others. I've already committed to a eugenic practice by refusing to have children.

Reactions: kuro0628neko

MPRTwice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I choose not to have children and one of the reasons for it is certain health conditions I have which are hereditary. At the same time I think it's draconian to outright ban unlucky people from having children. If I chose to have children then IVF would be the responsible pathway.
This isn't a question someone sane would ask. The answer is obvious.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's a difference between personal choice and government policy. Eugenics is specifically a government policy and not just a person deciding they don't want to have kids for the potential negative health implications of their personal offspring.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks like I'll have to agree to disagree with everyone in this thread. I wasn't aware of the word eugenics before making it but I think it's a good thing. It does however need to be approached carefully and not legally forced on people.

Nobody has perfect genes but some people have better genes than others. I've already committed to a eugenic practice by refusing to have children.
Choosing to not have kids isn’t eugenic. A system that decides “unfit” people are not allowed to have children while having those who have “fit” genetics be encouraged, legally allowed, or forced to have kids.

History of eugenics shows that it shouldn’t be approached again. Quite honestly, I am glad you aren’t sharing this mindset with future generations

Reactions: AngryCinnabon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan