Show off your rare items

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
even the current non comadore ones are expensive i think hyperion has the rights now) Amiga One/One X
Hyperion Entertainment and Cloanto have the rights to Amiga. I pirate their shit because I hate their practices.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Amigas were technologywise pretty advanced for their time, IMO far better than any of Apples offerings then. 1200's can be had somewhat cheap if in a right place at a right time, 4000's are then different matter altogether :(

Reactions: SylverReZ

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a Cobalt Flux dance pad laying around, I don't think they're rare exactly but they were quite expensive and since the company went under they're highly sought after, being one of the best dance pads you can get (for the small community that still cares about that stuff)
I don't think anything I own could be considered rare. I have 2 boxed copies of Pokemon Sapphire, one of them CIB, I guess CIB GBA games are fairly rare, since they just came in cardboard that most people threw away. But they still sold lots of them.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Cobalt Flux dance pad laying around, I don't think they're rare exactly but they were quite expensive and since the company went under they're highly sought after, being one of the best dance pads you can get (for the small community that still cares about that stuff)
I don't think anything I own could be considered rare. I have 2 boxed copies of Pokemon Sapphire, one of them CIB, I guess CIB GBA games are fairly rare, since they just came in cardboard that most people threw away. But they still sold lots of them.

I'm pretty jelly over that T-T pretty sure me and my friends have run three foam mats into the grave playing Stepmania and I've been thinking about going for a metal pad, but their usually expensive and/or sketchy.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm pretty jelly over that T-T pretty sure me and my friends have run three foam mats into the grave playing Stepmania and I've been thinking about going for a metal pad, but their usually expensive and/or sketchy.
The foam pads are harder to use too, can't really feel where the buttons are.
The Cobalt Flux is dangerous though. You can hurt your feet on the screws and sharp corners. I hurt my feet a couple times before I learned to be careful. Shoes would solve that, but I've always played barefoot, I don't know how to play with shoes.
Don't use it anymore these days. Maybe when I get a better place without neighbors under me.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The foam pads are harder to use too, can't really feel where the buttons are.
The Cobalt Flux is dangerous though. You can hurt your feet on the screws and sharp corners. I hurt my feet a couple times before I learned to be careful. Shoes would solve that, but I've always played barefoot, I don't know how to play with shoes.
Don't use it anymore these days. Maybe when I get a better place without neighbors under me.

If I didn't have arcades by me where I've gotten used to using shoes then I'd be the same, too used to using Konami's foam pads even though their slick since that's all there was for the PS2 days.

Also curious, do you have the bar as well or just free form? I don't like using the bar so I've gotten to Expert difficulty for most songs just being good flailing around with good balance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I didn't have arcades by me where I've gotten used to using shoes then I'd be the same, too used to using Konami's foam pads even though their slick since that's all there was for the PS2 days.

Also curious, do you have the bar as well or just free form? I don't like using the bar so I've gotten to Expert difficulty for most songs just being good flailing around with good balance.
Do they sell a bar? I'm not sure if they did when I got mine, I don't have it. I got the "arcade style" mod that raises the center and corners though, that was a requirement for me. But not a fan of the raised metal pieces the arcade mod has between the center and each corner, they are the source of a lot of the potential injury risk, and I don't get what purpose they serve.
I like that it doesn't take up much space when not in use, it can be hidden under something or propped up against a wall, a bar would kinda ruin that. And the shipping was already $200. And it's not like I'm fast or light enough to benefit from a bar anyway.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20230120_000824.jpg

Bought all of these today for just around 10 GBP.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm new how and where do I earn them?
You have to buy them, trade them, get them gifted from somebody......things like that....and then post it here, to show it to all of us :toot: :creep:

Reactions: AncientBoi

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have them on-hand for photos, but I have an unopened Majora's Mask 3DS messenger bag from Club Nintendo, ad a music CD that's now out of print (and a first release) of Evanescence 's little-known first album, aptly titled "Origin". It's the first CD I've ever seen that's got no TOC burned to it, so CD players and computers alike struggle to play it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i have a 2ds xl and those things are expensive if i remember
I have a Purple Galaxy New 3DS XL in near-mint condition, on firmware 11.7U with Luma. (Haven't really touched it since 2017 when the Switch dropped, lol.) It goes for almost $1,000 USD, and that's wild. It's not like it was hard to find or rare either. Not sure why the 3DS systems are so spendy when they were so plentiful for the longest time. The Wii has never spiked in price, despite having similar popularity. I can still get a complete Wii system for about $15 to $20 in varying degrees of "used".

Last edited by Jayro,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a

I have a Purple Galaxy New 3DS XL in near-mint condition, on firmware 11.7U with Luma. (Haven't really touched it since 2017 when the Switch dropped, lol.) It goes for almost $1,000 USD, and that's wild. It's not like it was hard to find or rare either. Not sure why the 3DS systems are so spendy when they were so plentiful for the longest time. The Wii has never spiked in price, despite having similar popularity. I can still get a complete Wii system for about $15 to $20 in varying degrees of "used".
Seriously? Mine costme refurbished from nintendo 99USD is on the same condition when I buy. Wow I did gain 900USD!!!

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii