Show us your cans/earphones!

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Over the years, my audio taste became a little snobbier in terms of quality of the music I listen to. The more bit rate, the better.
Because of that I also became a little more demanding on the hardware that I use, I don't call myself an audiophile (yet) as I'm not that paranoid with the clarity, depth, balance and other fancy words that audiophiles have; I am however, past the phase of just using any pair of headphones, specially the ones that come with any iPod.

With that said, here is what I use right now:

Beats_DrDre.jpg

Studio Headphones, Beats by Dre

I know, I know, there are a lot of haters of the brand they call them overpriced and too mainstream; I can only say that I bought these refurbished for half the price and they sound better than what I can afford for the same price.

So how about you? Do you have any preferred cans or earphones? Show us yours!

Edit: grammar

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JVC HAFX67W Air Cushion Headphone (White)
31P101BZBJL.jpg

It's fairly cheap (you can probably get it under $20) and the quality is alright, I guess (I don't really care much for quality, so I don't really know...), but above all, these are highly comfortable. It never leaves my ears hurting after prolonged use, which is all I really cared for.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
41rhklzaRPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beyerdynamic DTX 800

Had them since December 2008 (something of a record for me) although I did just have to redo the plug end after a fat man broke them on the plane- forgot how annoying it is to solder enamel coated wire (I cheated and stuck them in the flame from the cooker- also forgot how quick enamel burns).
I have never been happy with paying the silly money for headphones but I am certainly with VVoltz on the point of not using any old piece of junk.

They work well although as I do not like the noise cancelling ones it seems these do just as good a job of being speakers for everybody around me and the 3m of cable seems a tad excessive although it is nice to be able to slide around on the chair a bit. My only real problem is I can not wear them with a hat (my ears are too oddly shaped to handle in ear headphones) but as I do not listen to things when out and about I am OK with that.

Bring on ultrasonic speakers.

D

Deleted User

208104-ear-force-px-21-2_original.jpg

Turtle Beach Ear force px21 *Headset* (It has a mic, on the left side, Bad angle :3)
There pretty awesome Quality wise

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At the moment I am using a set of fairly generic Senheisser in hear headphones - I find if I spend a lot on high end headphones they just break down faster :/

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
41SjNjrDbxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sony MDR-EX700 - second pair, annoyingly I lost the first pair while running from my car to my house in a ridiculous amount of rain, went back out to look for them when i noticed but they had been washed away :-(

I normally use them in conjunction with this so i'm not tied to my laptop/computer/TV:
mw600_338x312.jpg

(Sony Ericsson MW600)

I also have these but don't use them often as after a couple of hours they start to feel uncomfortable as they press my glasses into the side of my head:
sony-mdr-xd200.jpeg

(Sony MDR XD200)

EDIT: Replaced massively oversized picture with smaller one.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
24gj9cj.jpg

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's. I considered the ATH-M50's but these seemed like a better option for both SQ and portability. I never thought i'd ever spent over £100 on headphones....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...