sign_c2w_patcher on Aroma?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do I only need to place the c2w_patcher in the plugins folder and that's it?
Exactly.

No need to launch or install it?
It is installed by placing it in the plugins folder.

And no need to use sign_c2w_patcher anymore?
No. Both things do the same patches. Differences are just that my plugin does the minimum subset of patches needed while the sign_c2w_patcher also does sigpatches (hence the sign_ in its name) but you have sigpatches already, right? So there's no need for that (and both things should be seperated in my eyes, giving maximum control to both users and developers. Unix principle: Do one thing but do it right or KISS ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle )). Also the main difference is that the sign_c2w_patcher applies the patches whenever you launch it while my plugin hooks into the title launcher, looking what gets loaded and applying the patches when needed only, preventing crashes with incompatible software.

//EDIT: And no, this is not implemented through a black- or whitelist but by really inspecting the title the Wii U wants to load (is it a vWii title? is it installed to NAND? Does it contain a c2w.img file?) , so even software which didn't exist when the plugin was written is compatible.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: ber71

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: gonna look if i still have that sd card adapter