Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I did the tests. The installation only works if done with DBI and doing a forced downgrade in encryption. Conclusion: It works by doing workarounds, but the existence and possible need for 17.0.1 sigpatches is real.
no is not, the bit to bit comparison between 17.0.0 and 17.0.1 only changed some few files for bad words so no system wide code was changed.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
no is not, the bit to bit comparison between 17.0.0 and 17.0.1 only changed some few files for bad words so no system wide code was changed.
They literally only release a bug fix.

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/17.0.1

EDIT: Another one that got a corrupt Updates? I don't understand how they get that. Is it some shop they use that is broken?

Last edited by linuxares,

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated from 15.x to 17 , my serial number is blanked out by tinfoil I assume(yes, I'll switch to dbi,I was just using tf because it wasn't breaking anything and it was fine for what i use it for). I saw this can be fixed using DNS, but people were saying a blanked serial number isn't needed? My Sysmmc isn't banned.
Also, since I'm only updating for my physical mario wonder , I can downgrade to 16.x right? Is there any disadvantage to doing so? I don't want to do the DNS stuff because it might break something in the future or cause issues so I keep my installs as clean as possible.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can safely use DNSmitm in cfw along with a blanked serial. There is no danger in that and you won't risk a ban. When using ofw you should use you real serial and not block Nintendo with DNS. Use sysMMC for ofw and emuMMC for cfw. That way you can play your legit games and go online safely in ofw and play your other games safely in cfw.

Reactions: Blythe93

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can not get banned because serial and cert is blanked. There's nothing to ban
if you run DBI with "blanked" serial and cert, you will note the original serial will be displayed, so Big N also can infere your original serial even if you have it "blanked"

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
if you run DBI with "blanked" serial and cert, you will note the original serial will be displayed, so Big N also can infere your original serial even if you have it "blanked"
The same on all firmwares. Also Big N can bypass DNS and ban.

wtf-icegif.gif
stop giving them ideas!?!

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest kefir has fixed atmosphere that does not crash with blanking and without dns
Never heard of it until you mentioned it, so I just took a quick look. The "source" is not source code at all. It DOES use DNS MITM... but the domains.txt doesn't list any Nintendo servers. It seems to be there just to block ads. There are scripts, hbl as an nsp, and all sorts of stuff that I would never want configured on my Switch. Also tesla stuff that a newb will likely not know about, and cause crashes on future updates. Also a custom loader.kip. This pack is a hot mess.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what is all about that crashing on wifi i have 17.0.1 with 90dns and exosphere plus i think i have some host file where i can get this crashes?
Yeah some fuss about not reading old posts, if you want to be on FW 17 and blank your serial you need to stay away from big N servers as told on the past so many times, you can achieve it as told before, disconnecting your network, using, DNS90 or Atmosphère's DnsMITM.
But somebody is talking about a pre configured package with "alternate" solution. I haven't looking into it, but I stays for Atmosphère 's DnsMITM

Last edited by impeeza,

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I keep reading there's no need for new sigpatches for 17.0.1 but I have updated as usual, atmosphere and hekate from git, sigpatches from this thread. Launching any game crashes atmosphere with error code 2123-0011 (0x167b).

Any idea what is wrong here?
Is this because of DNSmitm thing?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat