Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I keep reading there's no need for new sigpatches for 17.0.1 but I have updated as usual, atmosphere and hekate from git, sigpatches from this thread. Launching any game crashes atmosphere with error code 2123-0011 (0x167b).

Any idea what is wrong here?
Is this because of DNSmitm thing?
you are banned or blank prodinfo, and you haven't setting the DNSMiTM

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/blocking_nintendo/

piracy is not supported. :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: veggav

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Anyone else not able to install Super Mario RPG on 17.1 using GoldLeaf? Other games install fine. I have latest sigs. Trying to install it just crashes my switch on Goldleaf.
Use DBI
Post automatically merged:

ha ha ha, three simultaneous identical answers! :P

Ahmad25

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Good day everyone,
Dose anyone have same problem?, when I'm trying to inject fusee TegraRcm closes and my switch dose nothing, it doesn't lunch atmosphere.
I had no problem like this before. I am using fusee for the same version of Atmosphere and my switch worked perfectly earlier. I turned off to install some new games on my sd card and this problem started happening.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day everyone,
Dose anyone have same problem?, when I'm trying to inject fusee TegraRcm closes and my switch dose nothing, it doesn't lunch atmosphere.
I had no problem like this before. I am using fusee for the same version of Atmosphere and my switch worked perfectly earlier. I turned off to install some new games on my sd card and this problem started happening.

Make sure you use the version of Atmosphere and fusee for the firmware that your system is on.

Reactions: SylverReZ

rob61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to latest Atmosphere by copying the new files onto the SD card, then updated sigpatches, hekate, and fusee. Tried to use TegraRcmGUI 2.6 to inject but now I can't inject. I get a black screen and TegraRcm says "no RCM device detected" The computer does "ding" when I plug in the jib so its sensing something. If I remove the jig I can boot to OFW ok. I am using a new Win11 laptop but turned off virus protection. What else can I try to get it to inject so I can boot the new atmosphere? (then I will update to FW 17, its on 15 now).

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to latest Atmosphere by copying the new files onto the SD card, then updated sigpatches, hekate, and fusee. Tried to use TegraRcmGUI 2.6 to inject but now I can't inject. I get a black screen and TegraRcm says "no RCM device detected" The computer does "ding" when I plug in the jib so its sensing something. If I remove the jig I can boot to OFW ok. I am using a new Win11 laptop but turned off virus protection. What else can I try to get it to inject so I can boot the new atmosphere? (then I will update to FW 17, its on 15 now).
Also try reinstalling the driver in TegraRCM, under settings, or use Zadig.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Also try reinstalling the driver in TegraRCM settings, or Zadig.
there are two thread dedicated to problems injecting payload, the search bar at top of the site is your friend.

Reactions: BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
CURRENT BETA SIGPATCHES UPDATED FOR FW 17.0.0 AND ATMOSPHERE v1.6.2

Given the current state of affairs, and both HarukoNX's and iTotalJustice's repositories being nuked by the almighty draconian N, I decided to open a new thread to host the up-to-date signature patches for Atmosphere through Hekate, fss0 or package3, and this pack should also handle the patches for fusee, so you can use this as an all-in-one pack (presumably).

This means that if you use Hekate for booting, most likely you are using fss0/package3 to load Atmosphere, so these signature patches are for you.
If you're using fusee, then the pack already includes patches for that method as well.

• Having issues running certain games after you updated the Switch's firmware, or Atmosphere's version?
If you update to the latest CFW/sigpatches, and find yourself having issues booting some of them, be sure to check out this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

• IPS Patches Creator (by MrDude):
This program allows you to automatically create the signature patches in both IPS and Hekate's INI format for you to add to your Switch, be sure to follow the instructions and get the program from here:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/IPS_Patch_Creator/releases

• sys-patch system module (by TotalJustice):
This program patches FS, ES and Loader during the system's boot, allowing for automatic support for future versions of both firmware and Atmosphere, having a similar goal of using signature patches without actually needing sigpatch files. This software would only require updating when something major breaks in firmware or Atmosphere's Loader, with the last update to the application being done since firmware version 15.0.0, and working thereafter with no needed updates to apply the patches:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/

Scripts to generate Signature patches automaticallySigpatches Updater by Homlet

1. Thanks to the amazing collaborative efforts of many people in the Temp Switch threads, it is now possible to decrypt the Switch's firmware files and the Atmosphere Loader module by executing scripts for Windows/Linux/Pytho created by @mrdude with help from @crckd, @DarkMatterCore and an Anonymous user for the RE process.

The tool to generate the sigpatches based on your firmware (FS & ES) or Atmosphere (Loader) files can be found here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/page-11#post-9783677

Depending on the patches required, you can use one of 3 scripts:

Documentation related to the creation of the FS & ES patches can be found here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/
  2. If you want to update the sigpatches without having to deal with PC transfers, you could use the new Sigpatches Updater by @Homlet :
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-updater-update-your-sigpatches-from-your-switch.573546/[

Do take into consideration that I, the OP of this thread, DID NOT make these patches, and these are being uploaded as community/user submissions.
Other users make and provide these patches, and those are simply re-directed into the OP with the most up-to-date patches.

Maybe a stupid question but couldn't see it asked or answered, to apply the sigpatches do we just extract these file to the respective SD card folders?

Reactions: Blythe93

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Maybe a stupid question but couldn't see it asked or answered, to apply the sigpatches do we just extract these file to the respective SD card folders?
You extract the archive on the OP TO THE ROOT OF YOUR SDCARD REPLACING ALL FILES (MERGE FOLDERS IF YOU USE MAC)

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the included file in the op, the hekate_ipl.ini file contains these lines. Are they necessary?

kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

I ask because both the rentry & nh guides don't include the atmosphere=1 line & the Hekate documentation says it's important to use if no fss0 is defined. Since the ini file included in the op defines an fsso, that line is not needed?

And what does kip1patch=nosigchk do? The rentry guide ini does not use a kips line anywhere, the one from the rh guide is in a different format that says nothing about nosigchk, and the Hekate documentation says that "kip1patch=name_of_patch" is an old method. So that line in the ini file from the op is outdated and needs to be corrected? Or can just be deleted?

rentry file:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

RH file:
[config]
updater2p=1

[Atmosphere FSS0 emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp

[Atmosphere FSS0 sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp

[Stock sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the included file, the hekate_ipl.ini file contains these lines:

kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

Are they necessary? I ask because both the rentry and nh guides don't include the atmosphere=1 line & the "kip" lines are in a comlpetely different format. Which is correct and why some use different options or formats? And why does rentry use fusee to boot emuMCC but NH and the file in this thread both use fss0?

rentry file:

RH file:
  • fss0 needs "kip1patch=nosigchk" in order to load sigpatches but not "atmosphere=1"
  • (chainloading) fusee needs "atmosphere=1" in order to load sigpatches but not "kip1patch=nosigchk"
kip1patch=patchnameEnables a kip1 patch. Specify with multiple lines and/or in one line with , as separator. If actual patch is not found, a warning will show up

atmosphere=1Enables Atmosphère patching. Not needed when fss0 is used.

I guess both are included in the INI to let people use fusee or fss0...so there is no correct or wrong method. All can boot atmosphere. I prefer fss0, some prefer chainloading fusee. This is just a matter of personal choice (and none are bad).

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate?tab=readme-ov-file#boot-entry-keyvalue-combinations

ps : if I understood it correctly, kip loading should be removed from fusee in a near future...so fss0 is, IMO, better.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4