Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does tinfoil work on this I keep getting unable tos tart softrware help!
I have had great success using the Cling Wrap Tesla Overlay to enable Tinfoil to be run on my device (which uses hekate to boot fss0/fusee-secondary). I'd suggest checking that out and seeing if you have similar success. The way it works is that it renames the "atmosphere/kips" and "bootloader" directories on your SD card on the fly so that it does not fail the Tinfoil checks for Hekate related files.

https://github.com/wilsam239/Cling-Wrap-Tesla-Overlay

I'm also confirmed running Atmosphère 0.14.1, with Firmware 10.1.0, just FYI.

NOTE: If you *do* end up using this Tesla Overlay, you *MUST* remember to "Unwrap" via the overlay before rebooting, otherwise you won't be able to boot your Switch into Hakate or Atmosphere. If you forget to do so, you can easily resolve by inserting your SD card into your PC and renaming those directories manually. Just easier to avoid having to do that though :)

Jerriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have had great success using the Cling Wrap Tesla Overlay to enable Tinfoil to be run on my device (which uses hekate to boot fss0/fusee-secondary). I'd suggest checking that out and seeing if you have similar success. The way it works is that it renames the "atmosphere/kips" and "bootloader" directories on your SD card on the fly so that it does not fail the Tinfoil checks for Hekate related files.

NOTE: If you *do* end up using this Tesla Overlay, you *MUST* remember to "Unwrap" via the overlay before rebooting, otherwise you won't be able to boot your Switch into Hakate or Atmosphere. If you forget to do so, you can easily resolve by inserting your SD card into your PC and renaming those directories manually. Just easier to avoid having to do that though :)
You rule bro i tried doing it but it still saying unable to start software did you also put the
Sigpatches for Atmosphere (fusee-primary only!) ?

ShadowTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

I'm using this sigpatches as Hekate utilities are top notch (e.g. reboots to hekate, with later reboot to rcm feature, etc).

I was previously using 10.0.2 + AMS 12.0 without all the sigpatches (I missed the fact that sigpatches were no longer included in sdsetup downloaded zip) and some games were not working and got corrupted. Now after moving to 10.1.0 + AMS 14.1 and these sigpatches, reinstalling all the corrupted games, most of them now works, there are still 2 that do not start even after reinstalling them:
- Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 (v1.4.0)
- New Super Lucky's Tale (v1.3.6)

Do you have any idea?

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I'm using this sigpatches as Hekate utilities are top notch (e.g. reboots to hekate, with later reboot to rcm feature, etc).

I was previously using 10.0.2 + AMS 12.0 without all the sigpatches (I missed the fact that sigpatches were no longer included in sdsetup downloaded zip) and some games were not working and got corrupted. Now after moving to 10.1.0 + AMS 14.1 and these sigpatches, reinstalling all the corrupted games, most of them now works, there are still 2 that do not start even after reinstalling them:

Do you have any idea?

Thats a bit weird, since reinstalling isn't necessary at all, in case you grab the right sigpatches!?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

I wonder if it's possible just to make the folder "forbidden" during Tinfoil load.

ShadowTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thats a bit weird, since reinstalling isn't necessary at all, in case you grab the right sigpatches!?

I was reading a reddit post that said that by launching a game without the sigpatches will break the game and you had to reinstall it. So I already uninstalled the games before applying the sigpatches available on this thread.
Anyway, I'll later try again with both the sigpatches for hekate in this thread and those for fusee-primary (booting with fusee), reinstalling the game each time if it does not start at first try, and I'll report back.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,

Do you have any idea?
If it helps, I made a guide a while back for these specific situations when certain games don't boot after updating either CFW or sigpatches:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

ShadowTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

Do you have any idea?

Ok, I took some more time to do some tests. I also downloaded the nsp again from a common reliable source.
Replaced sigpatches again with those in this thread > the two mentioned games still not working (generic "The software was closed due to an error").
Reinstalled the games and their updates > games still not working
Replaced sigpatches with the fusee-primary ones > booted with the fusee payload on TegraRCM > games still now working
At the end I went back to hekate with hekate sigpatches as nothing solved my issue..

At this point I have no other ideas these specific games.

Last edited by ShadowTS,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I took some more time to do some tests. I also downloaded the nsp again from a common reliable source.
Replaced sigpatches again with those in this thread > the two mentioned games still not working (generic "The software was closed due to an error").
Replaced sigpatches with the fusee-primary ones > booted with the fusee payload on TegraRCM > games still now working
At the end I went back to hekate with hekate sigpatches as nothing solved my issue..

At this point I have no other ideas these specific games.
Is it always those two games? Asterix and Lucky's?
Have you tried following the guide I posted and see if one of those options helped you to get them running?

ShadowTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it always those two games? Asterix and Lucky's?
Have you tried following the guide I posted and see if one of those options helped you to get them running?

Yes, only those two games, and they for sure worked on 9.x, before I messed up upgrading to 10.0.2 + AMS 12.0 missing sigpatches.

I've already tried most of the options, most of which are also common sense troubleshooting, excluding the regeneration of the Nintendo folder, the reset of required update version (DevMenu no longer works and also the same option in Goldleaf 0.8 is still bugged until they'll release 0.9), and of course reinitializing everything (console and sd). Before attempting these "extreme" fixes I'll try installing one or both those NSPs on another console.

Last edited by ShadowTS,

ouaiskam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the sigpatches. New to Hekate / Atmo . I come from SX OS where everything is autopiloted.
How come we need those patches with atmo and not with sxos ?

Had trouble getting Tinfoil work but I followed your instructions and now it's ok. thank you all.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the sigpatches. New to Hekate / Atmo . I come from SX OS where everything is autopiloted.
How come we need those patches with atmo and not with sxos ?

Had trouble getting Tinfoil work but I followed your instructions and now it's ok. thank you all.
SX OS already has them implemented in their stuff, while Atmos doesn't due to anti-piracy reasons.
That's why you have to go out of your way to get them for anything Atmos based.

Reactions: ouaiskam

Geridious4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sig patches work for the games but tinfoil is still unable to install, i've tried deleting it and reinstalling it with the tinfoil installer, still no luck. any ideas?

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tinfoil requires the loader patch "29CA1C792CF3AB6357929DF0627170FF8EA1CC057DBE2E5C58ADD8A442BD0CA8.ips" which is not included in this collection. (is there a reason?) You can copy the patch from this collection.

Reactions: Geridious4

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tinfoil requires the loader patch "29CA1C792CF3AB6357929DF0627170FF8EA1CC057DBE2E5C58ADD8A442BD0CA8.ips" which is not included in this collection. (is there a reason?) You can copy the patch from this collection.
This sigpatches are for booting from hekate and fusee-secondary not from fusee-primary. Hekate doesn't load kip patches from ips in kip_patches/ folder but from bootloader/patches.ini file and the loader patch you refer is definitely in there. Be sure to have kip1patch=nosigchk in your boot options in hekate_ipl.ini and that you are booting from fss0 directly and not from a payload. If you need that ips patch for tinfoil to work you are definitely booting from fusee-primary payload and you don't even need this patches but only those for atmosphere and fusee-primary.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A user in another thread mentioned that he was having issues getting certain games to load after he updated everything.
He pointed out that indeed, that 29CA1C792CF3AB63 IPS patch is missing in the Hekate patches, and also another patch, 987521753F9B8CE9 also seems to have more changes in the fusee-primary files compared to the Hekate one.

I have updated the zip, but I won't push this to the OP until more people jump on to this.
I have added both of those patches from the primary files.

To everyone that was having issues getting certain games to load, please try out this pack, and let us know if that worked for you.
(Also, I'm not 100%, but maybe this would require updating the patches.ini file for both of those IPS)

Attachments

• fss0 Signature patches (FW10.1.0) ATM 0.14.1.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: ChronoTrig

shivoooooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A user in another thread mentioned that he was having issues getting certain games to load after he updated everything.
He pointed out that indeed, that 29CA1C792CF3AB63 IPS patch is missing in the Hekate patches, and also another patch, 987521753F9B8CE9 also seems to have more changes in the fusee-primary files compared to the Hekate one.

I have updated the zip, but I won't push this to the OP until more people jump on to this.
I have added both of those patches from the primary files.

To everyone that was having issues getting certain games to load, please try out this pack, and let us know if that worked for you.
(Also, I'm not 100%, but maybe this would require updating the patches.ini file for both of those IPS)

The error persists for me. At least in zelda BOW =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER