Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

pyror12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sigmpatches is working great on my end. No System Crash so far. Have drained my battery from 100% down to 5% Playing Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. 410 hrs total play time so far...

All it need is just an update for the homebrews to support v15.0.0.

NXThemeInstaller just upped their latest patch for v15.0.0. The newest Patch is automatically downloaded as soon as you start NXThemeInstaller while being connected to the WiFi.
Where did you get the sigpatches? (I'm a noob so I apologize if this was answered previously or if it is obvious)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: pyror12345

drunkontacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody who has issues using Edizon (via Tesla overlay) after updating to FW 15.0.0? I can open the menu once, but can't use edizon to select cheats. After selecting Edizon I can't open the Tesla overlay menu anymore.
My Tesla won't even open at all now. Updated the overlay and still nothing.

drunkontacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Edizon overylay crashes Tesla menu and you have to perform a restart. The overlay for Edizon was updated with a fix though, so I suggest you find that update
I got it fixed. Turns out that somehow my /config/tesla folder disappeared at some point. now if only I could get tinfoil to open up. I launch it and it goes to a blank screen. trying to figure that one out now.

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

drunkontacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download Tinfoil v15 and it'll launch fine.
Yeah, I ended up having to use the + menu to delete tinfoil and then reinstall it, but it works now, thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Are you using the latest patches? Or perhaps some .ovl files missing?
In my /switch/.overlays/ folder I have these files:

- ovlEdiZon.ovl
- ovlmenu.ovl
Yeah, somehow my config/tesla folder disappeared at some point, so I had to make a new one and make a new config file, but it launches fine now.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Availability on an external site (that may or may not be up) or making people roll their own (even though the bar of entry has been GREATLY reduced) isn’t a 100% substitute for having them in this thread on GBATemp. Your service here is still SUPER helpful and reliable for the noobs.

Yeah that's why I made it, for accessibility, even though I'm not the one making them.
I'll still hold off on adding the patches to the OP due to what mrdude said between differences and inconsistencies between the patching methods and the patches themselves, but if someone has a pack with the most recent IPS and INI patches, I could dump it up here as a post until the proper ones get shared by mrdude.

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Yeah that's why I made it, for accessibility, even though I'm not the one making them.
I'll still hold off on adding the patches to the OP due to what mrdude said between differences and inconsistencies between the patching methods and the patches themselves, but if someone has a pack with the most recent IPS and INI patches, I could dump it up here as a post until the proper ones get shared by mrdude.
looks like the sigmapatches were updated a couple days ago to have ctest and consistent Content type patches. Updated from the latest zip and haven't had any issues with either zip on any titles, probably because the actual signature check patches have always been the same.

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch Army Knife. I've used that quite a bit and never really had any issues with it.
https://github.com/dezem/SAK

I've disabled all logging and I can't be bothered messing about any further. I've gone back to 14.0.2 firmware and the last Atmosphere version as there were too many issues for now. One major one that was getting on my nerves was chainloading fusee.bin from hekate as this would often black screen on me and require a hard reset on the switch, it was OK loading from hekate_ipl.ini file and calling package3 though.
I've never had an issue upgrading and it's a similar issue for me on my emuMMC as I just tried v15 and Atmosphère 1.4.0 (pre-release). I get a black screen when loading fusee.bin from TegraRcmGUI, black screen when chaining hekate, and then fusee.bin. I had payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin set in the hekate_ipl.ini file and setting fss0=atmosphere/package3 for emuMMC in the hekate_ipl.ini file allowed it to boot. However, only my nsp installed games would launch and XCI installed games would fail to launch. I would get unable to start software for XCI installed games. I tried the sigpatches from that site (Build Hash: "-e580c3970"), I used your tool also, with the only difference being your tool creates a unique D0D4491814B562AF61ABD52E4BF0989405AF741A5C7C033AB3EB0EC8680AD98F.ips file, while that site has duplicate files like you posted above. I downgraded back to Firmware 14.1.2 (Rebootless Update), set my hekate_ipl.ini file back to payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin, and everything works.

Last edited by whitezombie,
Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've never had an issue upgrading and it's a similar issue for me on my emuMMC as I just tried v15 and Atmosphère 1.4.0 (pre-release). I get a black screen when loading fusee.bin from TegraRcmGUI, black screen when chaining hekate, and then fusee.bin. I had payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin set in the hekate_ipl.ini file and setting fss0=atmosphere/package3 for emuMMC in the hekate_ipl.ini file allowed it to boot. However, only my nsp installed games would launch and XCI installed games would fail to launch. I would get unable to start software for XCI installed games. I tried the sigpatches from that site (Build Hash: "-e580c3970"), I used your tool also, with the only difference being your tool creates a unique D0D4491814B562AF61ABD52E4BF0989405AF741A5C7C033AB3EB0EC8680AD98F.ips file, while that site has duplicate files like you posted above. I downgraded back to Firmware 14.1.2 (Rebootless Update), set my hekate_ipl.ini file back to payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin, and everything works.
I went back to 14.0.2 fw for now. Can you remove both fs patches and see if you can boot fusee.bin via chaninloading. If you can probably fs patches are wrong.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: impeeza

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back to 14.0.2 fw for now. Can you remove both fs patches and see if you can boot fussee.bin via chaninloading. If you can probably fs patches are wrong.
I reinstalled v15, deleted those two fs_patches, chained booted, and it still black screened. It just flashes the blue Atmosphere screen, goes black, freezes, same as before.

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I reinstalled v15, deleted those two fs_patches, chained booted, and it still black screened. It just flashes the blue Atmosphere screen, goes black, freezes, same as before.
Try removing all the patches and see if the same thing happens. That way we can rule out a patch issue that's causing fusee.bin to break on chainloading into emunand and can let Atmosphere devs know there's an issue.

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing all the patches and see if the same thing happens. That way we can rule out a patch issue that's causing fusee.bin to break on chainloading into emunand and can let Atmosphere devs know there's an issue.
Removed all patches, same issue, black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKvq-eQnwNM