Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without the go ahead from Steve, it would be a bit of a dick move man.

letting more people brick when you know you have a solution is more of a dick move

its like this

people are having a nasty disease
you can cure the disease and prevent it from happening further
or you can wait for permission to stop it and let more people suffer

Last edited by izy,

Vinix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"ERROR : Can't force threads to core 1"

Still no solution for this? :sad:
Yes, i use browserhax. And if I open music before, the browserhax just open the music instead the Homebrew Launcher, and freeze the 3DS if you try to go back to menu.

Well... No solution? I don't know if it's possible I use other methods (Menuhax, Ironhax etc), if my 3DS is 10.3

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
or you could just do it to avoid further chances of brick
There's no guarantee it won't have introduced new bugs as it has only been tested by one person so far (although the test was a success) and I feel none of this is quite ready for release yet anyway, but I guess it's too late for that now. I just don't want it to be my decision at least not when it's something that could cause bricks. We'll find out soon enough if it's OK to post the link but for now sit tight.

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
letting more people brick when you know you have a solution is more of a dick move

its like this

people are having a nasty disease
you can cure the disease and prevent it from happening further
or you can wait for permission to stop it and let more people suffer
I would rather be trusted by developers rather than be trusted by the people. Anyhow, I asked for SteveIce's permission, If I leave without posting it someone else can post it here.

Reactions: WeedZ

RichHomieSupreme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sorta true. I was gonna try to come up with a metaphor to prove your wrong but any that I could come up with proved toy right instead.

If there was a cure for cancer, and your best friend shared it with you, would you not give it to people afflicted with cancer just because you didn't get permission from your friend first?

The concern about new bugs and its untested nature, is enough to make me in favor of waiting for the Steve's go ahead though.

Last edited by RichHomieSupreme,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
haha thats what i mean exactly i was doing it in the simplest terms.
but yeah if its not fully tested thats another matter.

Question because im hearing mixed talk is there any cia files i need to delete in the 9.2 Firmware Zip from that site to downgrade N3DS.
Its not for me :D just in the future gonna do a friends so im premaknig a folder to save time

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is sorta true. I was gonna try to come up with a metaphor to prove your wrong but any that I could come up with proved toy right instead.

If there was a cure for cancer, and your best friend shared it with you, would you not give it to people afflicted with cancer just because you didn't get permission from your friend first?

The concern about new bugs and its untested nature, is enough to make me in favor of waiting for the Steve's go ahead though.
Its not like cancer. People that don't know what they're doing and doing it anyway because they are impatient are cancer. Bricks are the cure.

Reactions: vlasp01

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha thats what i mean exactly i was doing it in the simplest terms.
but yeah if its not fully tested thats another matter.

Question because im hearing mixed talk is there any cia files i need to delete in the 9.2 Firmware Zip from that site to downgrade N3DS.
Its not for me :D just in the future gonna do a friends so im premaknig a folder to save time
That's only for Japan N3DS IIRC.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
USE THIS VERSION (SAFER):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/toxpj6gozq6kh82/sysUpdater.zip?dl=1
Older versions have a high risk of brick. This version should be much safer. It's the latest commit by Steveice10.

Read here for more details: https://gbatemp.net/threads/͡°-͜ʖ-͡°-10-3-kernel-hax-poc.407817/page-120#post-5918893

I would still not recommend people use this just yet. It might be safer, but it's still not certain whether it's completely safe. But since people are going to downgrade anyway, it's better to use this version.

@TheStoneBanana Please update the link in the OP. And remove the message saying no one has bricked. That is clearly not the case anymore as evidenced by this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-list-of-known-bricks-due-to-an-attempt-to-downgrade-to-9-2.407920/

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Ailuros27

Perfect_Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I keep trying to downgrade on my 2DS and get a semi-brick. I'm pretty sure I have all the right files. I'm getting frustrated.

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW SYSUPDATER THAT LESSENS THE RISK OF BRICKS:

In case you were wondering the changelog from the last version, here it is:
This contains two primary modifications:
  • Deletes each title before installing its replacement, rather than deleting every title to update before installing anything.

• When downgrading, installs NATIVE_FIRM after all other titles, rather than before.

Reactions: Tyson TH and izy

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I downgrade, can I finally use FBI to install non-legit CIAs?

Also, what kind of bricks can I run into using a n3DS?

Last edited by Tyson TH,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I added your link to my post :)
NEW SYSUPDATER THAT LESSENS THE RISK OF BRICKS:

In case you were wondering the changelog from the last version, here it is:
Ninja'd :P

Can someone get me update files?!
I couldn't find it ;-;
Also tried that iso site.
Im on a mac and all i need is CIAs.. someone pm me
Find the thread titled "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" it has everything you need.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I keep trying to downgrade on my 2DS and get a semi-brick. I'm pretty sure I have all the right files. I'm getting frustrated.
Which downgrade pack are you using? Is it from the thread mentioned above? People are having issues with the files in the TTP packs from KernelTimeMachine so I wouldn't suggest using those.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

RichHomieSupreme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not like cancer. People that don't know what they're doing and doing it anyway because they are impatient are cancer. Bricks are the cure.
People are being told that it's safe to downgrade and seeing all these posts of, " I downgraded successfully guiz!!!", so I can't blame them so much. All the information is scattered as all hell right now and there's so much misinformation that tons of people are confused as hell right now. Impatience is definitely the cause of the bricks but the hype was so real for this man. I feel like stuff like this should only be posted when it's completely finished and tested. There should be a hidden forum for devs and experienced testers to talk about this stuff before it's ready imo.

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flawless downgrade on the latest sysupdater. 10.3 to 9.2 on o3ds XL through Menuhax

RichHomieSupreme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People are being told that it's safe to downgrade and seeing all these posts of, " I downgraded successfully guiz!!!", so I can't blame them so much. All the information is scattered as all hell right now and there's so much misinformation that tons of people are confused as hell right now. Impatience is definitely the cause of the bricks but the hype was so real for this man. I feel like stuff like this should only be posted when it's completely finished and tested. There should be a hidden forum for devs and experienced testers to talk about this stuff before it's ready imo.

RichHomieSupreme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi