Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

meinhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just downgraded n3ds 10.3.0-28E on first try using ninjhax 2.5 (sysupdater booted on 3rd try)...all went well and no black screen on boot after downgrade (probably because i had not menuhax)

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm on a 9.9.0-26E N3ds (non XL), what is the best/safest way to downgrade? Also, how can I check which version of Menuhax I'm running? Should I update to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2, or just downgrade from 9.9.0-26 to 9.2? Just trying to eliminate as many variables to avoid screwing up.

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a big MicroSD during lunch today. Would my steps just be go into emunand, dump emunand to emunand.bin, copy my current SD on my computer, set up emunand on the new SD and then move everything back over?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, it referneces a file that doesn't exist. I tried searching for it too and it's not there.
Code:
archives.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /c/devkitPro/libctru/build/archives.d -g -Wall -O
2 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffunction-sections -march=armv6k -mtu
ne=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -mtp=soft -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/source -I/c/devkitPr
o/libctru/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs
/3ds/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /c/devkitPro/libctru
/source/archives.c -o archives.o
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/source/archives.c:47:0:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/source/archives.h:67:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file
or directory
 #include <zlib.h>
                  ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [archives.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

workingpapi

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if it doesn't install SAFEMODE first

i'm not trying that

Couldn't tell, sorry! I was just saying, as I see a lot of people (including me) struggling with the error (Unable to get CIA fileinfo) and this version of the homebrew worked the very first time.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind, it referneces a file that doesn't exist. I tried searching for it too and it's not there.
Code:
archives.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /c/devkitPro/libctru/build/archives.d -g -Wall -O
2 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffunction-sections -march=armv6k -mtu
ne=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -mtp=soft -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/source -I/c/devkitPr
o/libctru/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs
/3ds/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /c/devkitPro/libctru
/source/archives.c -o archives.o
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/source/archives.c:47:0:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/source/archives.h:67:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file
or directory
#include <zlib.h>
                  ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [archives.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Odd on his twitter he stated "Be careful if you build latest KTM. It now has libsu so IT CAN ACTUALLY DESTROY YOUR NAND." But ok....

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can someone say me how i can upgrade my 4.5 to 9,2 for gateway coldboot.
i only got a tut for cfw this isnt that what i needed
please?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question my 2ds already has emunand can I use that SD card on both systems with the same emunand?

No, because NANDs are encrypted with keys that are unique to a specific console.

Your 2DS NAND will only work on your 2DS, and your other one will only work on that one. This applies for both SysNAND and EmuNAND.

Luxocell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey everyone, got a problem, mind if I ask?
The downgrade seem to be finished, it did reboot after 10 seconds (After the msg). However, I got the black screen and the "Error turn off the console" screen.

Thought it was Menuhax, but removed the sd and turned on, same error. Then removed the sd mid-turning on but still got the error screen. I do not understand why. I still can enter to recovery mode though. Is my 3ds downgraded? Is there something should I do?

Using latest Julian sysUpdt, on O3DS 10.3U

Sparked963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been around 7 hours trying to downgrade my O3dsXL. No luck and around 25+ soft bricks. Tried reformatting and everything and using 9.0 and 9.2 with different sysUpdaters
Guess i'll wait for something

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. One last question: Is it safer to downgrade using something like OoTHax or Menuhax or does it make a difference? Do I need to worry about any extra steps if I'm using an EU N3DS nonXL?
Honestly, besides Ironhax (which seems to have the highest fail rate in downgrading), I don't think it matters. Also, no, there's no extra steps for an EU N3DS. Only JP models.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't launch it either. When I directly access to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php on the browser (After initializing save data) nothing happens
Did you click the slider...?

Reactions: probablygay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1